[Official] - Titanfall

DownToFletch

yeah the devs posted some stats and it turned out only 5% of buyers finish the singleplayer campaign. for better or for worse, they've become known for multiplayer games, and their options were to either make something as innovative as cod4 was, and still have a majority of their playerbase not touch it, or just scrap it and put all that extra dev time and cash into the multiplayer. i think they made the right decision, fwiwi

We'll see if their extra dev time is noticeable. Imo, in order for Titanfall to be successful, they'll have to keep introducing cool new stuff into the game as time goes on. I don't think this should be too hard since they scrapped single player and have all the devs working on multiplayer.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I played it for a few hours on PC, my comp could handle the high settings with high textures but the insane textures were too much. I believe they're designed for 4gb cards. Overall, I enjoyed the gameplay and had fun. The beta is a sample of the content that will be in the game upon purchase i'm not sure people are realizing that. 

• Like 2

Low_C.png

Just read both pages and.. Dtf you are coming off as douchey haha. The beta was a lot of fun, and I played it on pc as well, but dude.. Let the chips fall where they may.

> look at my avatar

> look at my posts

> think

> is this worth it

> not really

> carry on, soldur

I played it for a few hours on PC, my comp could handle the high settings with high textures but the insane textures were too much. I believe they're designed for 4gb cards. Overall, I enjoyed the gameplay and had fun. The beta is a sample of the content that will be in the game upon purchase i'm not sure people are realizing that. 

I didn't have time to play before the BETA closed so I was never able to get above ~720ish :(

If you think that, then I'm interested. I'll have 4gb of VRAM around March, remind me to fill you guys in if the graphics processing is that demanding.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

• 4 weeks later...

Since I've never played an FPS on the PC, I'm getting wrecked in Titanfall. Fortunately, I can always go for the grunts and spectres, which makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. The other night I went 1 pilot kill with 6 deaths, but the game was worth it because I managed to get a titan kill by completely ripping the arms off another titan. I was so pumped after that kill that it didn't matter if I did shitty afterwards.

I just need to make sure I approach this game "uncompetitively," since I want to have fun, and getting competitive (for me) kind of ruins a game and the fun of playing it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Playing FPS's on the computer for the first time can be rough. Just let things come to you. I've always found the best thing to do is to not go into the middle of the map. Stay on the outskirts and try to pick pilots off like that.

My experience so far with titanfall has been mixed. I'm level 45 right now and I have some amazing games when I destroy everything. Then I have games where I get destroyed. I just want to be consistent in my games.

Favorite weapon so far:

C.A.R SMG with the HCOG and counterweight mod. Thing when sued correctly can be deadly.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Playing FPS's on the computer for the first time can be rough. Just let things come to you. I've always found the best thing to do is to not go into the middle of the map. Stay on the outskirts and try to pick pilots off like that.

My experience so far with titanfall has been mixed. I'm level 45 right now and I have some amazing games when I destroy everything. Then I have games where I get destroyed. I just want to be consistent in my games.

Favorite weapon so far:

C.A.R SMG with the HCOG and counterweight mod. Thing when sued correctly can be deadly.

Just unlocked the HCOG last night for the SMG, absolutely hated it, I felt way more inaccurate and switched back to using just Iron Sights, but that's personal preference. I pretty much stick to the SMG, Carbine, and Hemlock. On rare occasion when I'm feeling saucy I'll bust out the LMG. Right now I'm nursing a 5.2 K/D overall, with a 2.1 K/D against other Pilots. I'm really enjoying the game and have managed to play consistently, I play two very different styles based on if I'm just a Pilot or I jump into a Titan. Pilot, I'm very methodical and sneaky. Where in my Titan, (Stryder, 40mm cannon w/ burst fire, vortex shield, cluster missile, fast autoloader, survivor) I'm a balls to the wall aggressive player. But I use the dashing to my advantage to out strafe the stronger titans, and get in and out with melees. 

Since I've never played an FPS on the PC, I'm getting wrecked in Titanfall. Fortunately, I can always go for the grunts and spectres, which makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. The other night I went 1 pilot kill with 6 deaths, but the game was worth it because I managed to get a titan kill by completely ripping the arms off another titan. I was so pumped after that kill that it didn't matter if I did shitty afterwards.

I just need to make sure I approach this game "uncompetitively," since I want to have fun, and getting competitive (for me) kind of ruins a game and the fun of playing it.

I had a similar problem when i switched from console to PC. At first i had a lot of trouble, but once i customized the keys to something i was more comfortable with, got a decent mouse that didn't jump all over the place, and actually allowed myself some time to get used to the changes it actually became so easy. I'd actually go as far as saying that playing FPS games on PC makes aiming so much easier.

As far as Titanfall goes: I've seen some gameplay on YT. I wouldn't say i'm overly impressed. Kind of looks like a hybrid between Halo and CoD. Not something i'm overly excited about. Definitely not worth buying an xbox one just for this. I heard that it will be coming out on the 360 in the future (but only 30 fps), so i might give it a go then. Still not sure if it's really worth it. I feel like most FPS games these days are the same thing in different outfits.

Haven't really been playing lately, but I have played 2 or 3 hours. I like it, something is wrong with my internet though, my latency is too high I think. It's affecting my other games too (even diablo 3 single player!)

For shootin fools I use the stock class with that assault rifle and I use the first titan with that (40mm?) machine gun thingy. 

I'm also uncertain what happened between BETA and full release; in the BETA I had the game maxed, and to play right now I had to put most everything on the lowest settings possible; not quite sure what's happening as I'm fairly certain my GPU can more than handle this game

max.png 50.png

I tried using a controller on my PC for the game. I felt slower and didn't feel any more accurate with my shots despite being very comfortable with playing fps with controllers.

Guess I will have to just get used to the keyboard and mouse.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I tried using a controller on my PC for the game. I felt slower and didn't feel any more accurate with my shots despite being very comfortable with playing fps with controllers.

I am not sure about Titanfall, but i know on CoD PC didn't have any aim assist. So playing with a controller often put you at a disadvantage because it's hard to be as accurate with a Controller as it is with a Mouse. Perhaps it's the same with Titanfall, which would explain your accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

mouse and keyboard will always be better than a controller afaik

master race swag

max.png 50.png

I was watching my housemates play it on the 360, and I found it funny because one of them loves COD, and plays Titanfall the exact same way as you would COD, which doesn't really work. And I realized the playing on the controller makes utilizing the jump system a lot more difficult (unless you've got a scuff or you play claw).

Cause wall-running effectively requires being able to turn while in mid-air, which is real cumbersome on a controller (taking your thumb of the thumbstick to press A, etc).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I played around 7 games last night. I had to force myself to keep playing. I was getting angry because I was doing really bad. Haven't gotten used to FPSs on the keyboard and mouse. But I told myself that I just have to play more to get used to it. So I kept playing even though I was all heated.

I think the thing that most messes me up is tracking people while they fly around and tracking people while I'm flying around. I'd probably have an easier time if it was COD, where you can't jump really high up into the air and where players aren't zipping around the map so fast.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 2 months later...