Behind the Scenes - March 2014

Alg

7eA4F.jpg

Getting ready for that comeback.

Supposed to be the update next week

But there's been no BTS for it. They hinted that next week's BTS might be the quest. So I am not sure. They showed a few concept arts, but that's it.

• Like 4

Sigh, another 2 content month and a patch notes + in other news update addressing things the eoc messed up (BAOSU)

I'm not sure I'd count this as a 2 content month. It seems like they probably rushed out revolution when they delayed one of a kind. So in effect the 2 pieces of content switched places. While one of a kind should have been in february, revolution was probably early march, so same number of releases as there would have been.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

So apparently you'll need to train divination to obtain the memories to charge an "engrammeter."

Sounds suspiciously like that thing Scientology uses...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

So apparently you'll need to train divination to obtain the memories to charge an "engrammeter."

Sounds suspiciously like that thing Scientology uses...
Considering what wikipedia says scientology uses the term, but its also a neuroscience term.

An engram is basically a hypothetical locstion where the memory is stored. No one really knows how memories are managed and stored in the human brain.

Engrams are also thought of as places where the dead hold significant memories of and impression of themselves there. An engrammeter probably helps you hunt for memories the dead mahjarrat imprinted on the land.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This week is the memories thing though right?

Doubt it, thats supposed to be the week before FotG. Probably some of the lesser stuff this week

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Fate of the Gods quest this week!!!!!

Since i started playing Runescape and i am Zamorak follower but seem this time i will follow Zaros my Runescape god!

*Praying*

Fate of the Gods quest this week!!!!!

Since i started playing Runescape and i am Zamorak follower but seem this time i will follow Zaros my Runescape god!

*Praying*

Lol no.

Fate of the Gods will be the week of the 17th or the week of the 24th:

We know for a fact One of a Kind is next week (10th)

We also know Mah Mems is launching the week before Fate of the Gods.

Since Mah Mems did not launch in feb FOTG can't be this week.

Since Mah Mems did not launch this week AND we know OOAK is next week FOTG cannot be next week.

If Mah Mems comes next week alongside OOAK then FOTG will be week of the 17th.

If not Mah Mems will have to be week of the 17th for FOTG to be week of the 24th

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We also knew for a fact that One of a Kind was supposed to be out this week until they delayed it last minute.

I think for the foreseeable future maybe we shouldn't be expecting these quests to have set-in-stone release dates.

hzvjpwS.gif

We also knew for a fact that One of a Kind was supposed to be out this week until they delayed it last minute.

I think for the foreseeable future maybe we shouldn't be expecting these quests to have set-in-stone release dates.

No we didn't.

One of a Kind was set for the week of 24th of Feb they then announced it was delayed by TWO weeks.

People madly speculating it would be out this week were plain deluded, there was no evidence posted by any jmods to suggest it would be out this week.

The announcement of it being delayed by two weeks took it from the week of 24th feb to the week of 10th of march. This week is only 1 week later.

Not to mention at the end of last fridays bts video they clearly said One of a Kind bts was next weeks video (aka due out on the 7th placing the update in week of 10th).

The whole One of a Kind being out this week thing was an utter myth entirely contradicted by every solid source of data we have.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No we didn't.

One of a Kind was set for the week of 24th of Feb they then announced it was delayed by TWO weeks.

People madly speculating it would be out this week were plain deluded, there was no evidence posted by any jmods to suggest it would be out this week.

The announcement of it being delayed by two weeks took it from the week of 24th feb to the week of 10th of march. This week is only 1 week later.

Not to mention at the end of last fridays bts video they clearly said One of a Kind bts was next weeks video (aka due out on the 7th placing the update in week of 10th).

The whole One of a Kind being out this week thing was an utter myth entirely contradicted by every solid source of data we have.

Except, Mod Pips announced the delay on the 18th of February (Tuesday). That is, a week before the initially expected date (sometime during the week of 24th). Odd that they announced a delay when they had a whole week left (must have been a large setback). He said two weeks, but was purposefully vague as to whether it would be two weeks from his post or two weeks from the initial date. And the BTS video was also vague, it didn't explicitly say "we will be back week to talk about OOK", it explicitly said "next week we start off our quest filled month with out latest quest". Note! It didn't say next week we will be talking about it, or that it will be the topic of the BTS, it said, "next week, we kick off our quest filled month with our latest grandmaster quest coming to Gelinor, One of a Kind".  

So, no, it wasn't clear at all. They were purposefully vague. You're grasping at straws, and the case you make for Jagex is rather weak. There was no mythology or delusion on the part of the players, just expectations that Jagex failed to meet yet again.

From the Revolution Game Update on February 24, 2014:

We've had to delay the release of the One of a Kind quest by two weeks, meaning that it won't be out this month as promised. Apologies for this - we know many of you are eager to play 2014's first quest. Take a look at this forum post by Mod Pips for more information, and look forward to a lore-filled March!

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

No we didn't.

Except, Mod Pips announced the delay on the 18th of February (Tuesday). That is, a week before the initially expected date (sometime during the week of 24th). Odd that they announced a delay when they had a whole week left (must have been a large setback). He said two weeks, but was purposefully vague as to whether it would be two weeks from his post or two weeks from the initial date. And the BTS video was also vague, it didn't explicitly say "we will be back week to talk about OOK", it explicitly said "next week we start off our quest filled month with out latest quest". Note! It didn't say next week we will be talking about it, or that it will be the topic of the BTS, it said, "next week, we kick off our quest filled month with our latest grandmaster quest coming to Gelinor, One of a Kind".  

So, no, it wasn't clear at all. They were purposefully vague. You're grasping at straws, and the case you make for Jagex is rather weak. There was no mythology or delusion on the part of the players, just expectations that Jagex failed to meet yet again.

Expect the title on the post he made was specifically for NEXT weeks game update (week of 24th feb) [qfc]16-17-629-65301752[/qfc]

It was explicitly clear it was an advance warning that the update due the week of the 24th, aka one of a kind, was postponed by two weeks.

The update was due on the 24th.

It was postponed by 2 weeks.

If you are expecting a delivery on the 7th and they ring you up on the 31st to say its been delayed by two weeks you don't think it'll turn up on the 14th; you think it'll turn up two weeks later than expected aka the 21st. Mod Pips was posting in advanced about a two week delay to an update previous meant for the week of the 24th it is pretty explicitly clear that means it'll launch two weeks later than expected (week of 24th) not 2 weeks from the date of the post.

It wasn't vague in the slightest it literally said it was information about the update intended for the week of the 24th and that said update had been delayed by two weeks. If it's meant for the week of the 24th and delayed by 2 weeks the clear and concise meaning is it will come out two weeks after that original launch window, to come out this week it would only be a 1 week delay as it has only been 1 week since the intended launch window.

And as for the BTS bit at the end of every video they mention what next weeks video will be about - the one on the 28th mentioned ooak.

And every BTS (other than rare exceptions) goes live the friday before the update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg