10-March-2014 - One of a Kind

Miss Lioness

News_main_dragonriders.jpg

One of a Kind

Grandmaster quest, members only.

One of a Kind is the first major update of our lore-packed March: a Gielinor-spanning, Grandmaster epic that takes RuneScape questing back to its roots.

Agree to help Mr Mordaut find Hannibus - last of the fabled Dragon Riders - and follow a trail of clues that'll test your wits and resolve, while uncovering the secret history of some of RuneScape's mightiest and most ancient races.

You'll travel the world, uncover the lost library of Robert the Strong, and the fate of a dying people will rest in your hands.

This is a quest for quest-lovers, with some of the highest requirements yet. There's a dragon's hoard of fantastic rewards, too:

XP in Dungeoneering, Summoning and Magic, plus a lump of bonus XP if you've completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

A Dragon Rider amulet with +4% critical chance in all combat styles and a whopping prayer bonus of 10. It also boosts the damage of your Dragon Breath ability, and increases your Prayer XP gain from burying dragon bones.

Access to celestial dragons - new, high-level monsters voted for in a recent poll, who drop summoning materials and new Dragon Rider armour.

Dragon_Rider_Armour_Thumb.jpg

If you're a diehard quester hungry for delicious lore, don't delay - log in now and play One of a Kind!

Mod Raven and the RuneScape Team

Discuss this on the forums.

How to start One of a Kind:

Speak to Mr Mordaut in the basement of Varrock Museum.

Requirements:

40 Divination

67 Dungeoneering

81 Magic

74 Summoning

King's Ransom

Missing, Presumed Death

A Tail of Two Cats

The World Wakes

It is recommended that you complete Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

You must be able defeat enemies up to 190 combat.

In Other News

Solomon's now stocking the Drakefire Warship - an all-new companion pet, in keeping with this week's sky-faring theme!

[spoiler=Patch Notes:]

Graphical: 

The book interface used throughout the game has been graphically updated.

The solarius shield no longer clips with paradox wings. 

Particle effects no longer show through the back of the merciless kiteshield. 

The Spirit Tree teleport interface has been updated to use the new interface style.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames: 

Barbarian Assault abilities are now cleared from the Defence Powers interface upon exiting the minigame.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements: 

A duplicate word in the quest journal for Grim Tales has been removed.

Other: 

Revolution will now activate basic shield abilities with shieldbows. 

An issue with Revolution not behaving correctly when using auto-retaliate against multiple enemies has been fixed.

Revolution will no longer use the Create Gatestone spell from the action bar. 

Iron titan familiars can no longer attack players in when players are engaged in single-way combat.

The Distillery Hilarity music track now successfully unlocks during the Trouble Brewing minigame. 

Only recently reworked music tracks play whilst in Falador.

Quickly switching from one fishing spot to another no longer stops the player from fishing.

The message about your lowest incomplete floor will now display when repeating an already completed floor in Dungeoneering Hard Mode. 

Piggles is no longer listed as having legendary pet abilities as it does not have them.

The term "adult" has been removed from Piggles name inside the Pets interface.

A grammar issue when Slayer masters speak about certain Slayer monster weaknesses has been corrected.

Players are now able to right-click report other players in the split private chat window. 

Ninja Fixes:

Scrimshaws of cruelty now deal increased Ranged damage instead of applying a bleed, similar to the Magic based scrimshaw of the elements. 

Ground mud runes now stack in a player's inventory.

Upgrading Slayer helmets now costs significantly less if the player has upgraded a helmet before. 

Ava's devices will now be found within players' gravestones after death.

Engine Fixes:

A fix has been applied to correct a rare crash when entering DirectX mode.

Several new features and fixes have been applied to enable the world map changes.

A potential fix for the screen freezing issues has been implemented.

HTML5 Engine Fixes:

A fix for one of the HTML5 errors – specifically the 'getColourWeighting wowsers' message – has been applied.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

But... But... my thread was earlier =C

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Lmao, what just happened?

Oh well... at the moment at uni, cannot do quest here =C

Account Help

Merged threads.

Boo Lioness you beat me on Tip.it :(

and you beat me on reddit by 39 microseconds (according to reddit)

Account Help

Dragon rider amulet, yes please.

(Why does it matter who beat who at posting an update thread?)

Was wondering the same thing. But it's always the same people crying about it so why even be surprised, lol?

"Upgrading Slayer helmets now costs significantly less if the player has upgraded a helmet before"

Yay.

Was wondering the same thing. But it's always the same people crying about it so why even be surprised, lol?

"Upgrading Slayer helmets now costs significantly less if the player has upgraded a helmet before"

Yay.

Wonder how much less, nonetheless excited about it.  Need that damn place holder. :P

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Yay.

Wonder how much less, nonetheless excited about it.  Need that damn place holder. :P

Someone said 10% of the price?

Pretty amazing quest (in terms of lore and the ending). Thoroughly enjoyed it. At the end...

[hide]I went for the happy ending[/hide]

I was disappointed by the quest experience rewards (kind of sad they weren't comparable to SOF rewards, but that's a point against the SOF).

Also, I thought they could have went for a better design for the Dragonriders. Too small.

Not voice acted? I thought that said all sixth age content would be voice acted?

Also, do you have to go into the wilderness for this quest? wtf that's not right

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

What did you people eventually choose for his fate? I adviced him to go with Kerapac, seeing as that might gain me a dragonkin ally in the future...

I opted for Hannibal to spend his days in peace with the last White Dragon and his family.

Kerpac's use for us isn't over, but he's made it clear that he won't do things for us just because we feel he owes us. And likely the Dragon Rider/Dragonkin hybrids would have been failures as well. Likely he would've killed Hannibal out of hand if that happened...a century from now when everyone he knew and loved died and we couldn't protect him.

So that's my two cents.

hzvjpwS.gif

What did you people eventually choose for his fate? I adviced him to go with Kerapac, seeing as that might gain me a dragonkin ally in the future...

I opted for Hannibal to spend his days in peace with the last White Dragon and his family.

Kerpac's use for us isn't over, but he's made it clear that he won't do things for us just because we feel he owes us. And likely the Dragon Rider/Dragonkin hybrids would have been failures as well. Likely he would've killed Hannibal out of hand if that happened...a century from now when everyone he knew and loved died and we couldn't protect him.

So that's my two cents.

[hide]After looking around Kerapac's base, with the red dragon torso, grotworm parts and strykewyrm head, I couldn't help but feel that leaving Hannibus with him would have been a very bad idea.[/hide]
  • Like 7

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

How does one acquire Robert the Strong's journal? I could have sworn it was in my bank prior to this quest but..?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Is it odd for me that the best part of this update aside from new quest goodness is checking tip,it to see who posted a topic first?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was this quest that required 75 divination?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]