10-March-2014 - One of a Kind

Miss Lioness

about the ending:

since this feels very mass effect-y, i predict the outcomes based on how depressing they would be:

1. Hannibus elects to be put in stasis in exchange for help. Kerapac finally manages to sever the link between the dragonkin and the stone, which saves their race from death when the stone is dealt with once and for all. However, Kerapac is unable to cure the lizardmen in time, and Hannibus faces his death alone as the last of his kind.

2. Hannibus returns to his home plane and dies with the rest of his people, accepting his fate. However, Kerapac fails to completely sever the link between his people and the stone, and when the time comes, all of the dragonkin perish at the conclusion of the story of the stone of jas as collateral damage.

8f14270694.jpg

[hide]I wanted to send him with Kerapac, as I'd like to think he would keep his word, but knowing all the things he did experimenting with dragons, how horrible he can be due to his 'end justify the means' philosophy, I just couldn't do it, Hannibus would'be probably endured a huge load of pain and the cure might or might not be found, and it might or might not  be found in time to save his species, sorry Hannibus, but I just doomed your entire race :c)[/hide]

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

On the asset reuse thing

I didn't mind too much that several bits were simple re-uses. However I did not like that somewhere were direct lifts with basically nothing done to them. Namely the cele drag dung being an exact clone - not even a vague attempt to tweak it a bit. And the warrior and mage from the white dragon battle - they were just warband npcs and not even from the same side 1 bandosian and 1 armadylian.

That whole segment felt a bit force to me as well, who the heck are these dragon hunters? Who were they following? Why were they following? They just seem to of come from nowhere and randomly followed you for no reason. I mean did they just start following you when they saw you with the KBD? If they did why didn't they go after him? If they started following you earlier why not go after the cache of green dragons or metal dragons or celestial dragons? Were they some how close enough to overhear without being seen to figure we'd probably be heading to something greater and rarer?

It's not like they even added anything to the plot, we could have just as easily mounted up to prepare to head off to his homeworld and Kerapac could've just as easily shot us down

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Good quest, enjoyed the lore. As usual, could be a bit longer, could have a bit tougher bosses, and stuns are bleeping annoying. How about giving monsters *no* stuns and a *good* ability rotation with *double* dps. That would make combat more fun.

[hide]I sent Hannibus with Kerepac, mainly because I want to give the dragonkin the best possible chance of breaking free from the Stone, as that'll free it up for me to try fancy stuff with it. I know we are supposed to be unable to ascend, being a world guardian and all, but I think SoJ sans dragonkin obstruction >> world guardian powers.[/hide]

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Good quest, enjoyed the lore. As usual, could be a bit longer, could have a bit tougher bosses, and stuns are bleeping annoying. How about giving monsters *no* stuns and a *good* ability rotation with *double* dps. That would make combat more fun.

[hide]I sent Hannibus with Kerepac, mainly because I want to give the dragonkin the best possible chance of breaking free from the Stone, as that'll free it up for me to try fancy stuff with it. I know we are supposed to be unable to ascend, being a world guardian and all, but I think SoJ sans dragonkin obstruction >> world guardian powers.[/hide]

Doesnt the fact our world guardian immunity allowed us to invade the curse of the stone - something created by an elder god - so easily kinda put a spanner in the works for the idea that elder god power is enough to break our immunity?

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Doesnt the fact our world guardian immunity allowed us to invade the curse of the stone - something created by an elder god - so easily kinda put a spanner in the works for the idea that elder god power is enough to break our immunity?

[hide]I don't think that this was the full power of the Stone we were fighting, only a part of the power of the curse resting on that specific dragonkin, which we fiddled with (which got us the response from the echo of Jas) for a bit. I think of what we did more as re-routing the curse to a less harmful thing, such as re-routing the rage to spread evenly across multiple emotions, than actually removing/destroying anything. The world guardians are chosen by Guthix' power, which ought to be inferior to the Stone.[/hide]

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

[hide]I don't think that this was the full power of the Stone we were fighting, only a part of the power of the curse resting on that specific dragonkin, which we fiddled with (which got us the response from the echo of Jas) for a bit. I think of what we did more as re-routing the curse to a less harmful thing, such as re-routing the rage to spread evenly across multiple emotions, than actually removing/destroying anything. The world guardians are chosen by Guthix' power, which ought to be inferior to the Stone.[/hide]

[Hide] Maybe not due to the fact Guthix was a tier 2 God and the Elders are only the one tire above him [/hide]

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

So im guessing the amulet is an upgrade for fury? If so gg fury price

Nah, it gives 4% crit across all stats, while fury gives 4,2%. It gives way better pray bonus, though, and boosts Dragonbreath ability damage and increases exp for burying dragon bones.

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

Nah, it gives 4% crit across all stats, while fury gives 4,2%. It gives way better pray bonus, though, and boosts Dragonbreath ability damage and increases exp for burying dragon bones.

I doubt that. 10 prayer means absolutely nothing in RS after EOC and after the Devotion nerf. Dragon Breath is a fairly awful ability since you can only use it if you're maging in melee range, which most mages don't and exp burying is very circumstantial thing since you're either better off with more crit if you're saving the bones while fighting, or better of with demon horn necklace if you're bonecrushing.

Don't forget, people still pay 1.2M more for a Saradomin's Whisper than a Fury for  0.2% crit increase.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I doubt that. 10 prayer means absolutely nothing in RS after EOC and after the Devotion nerf. Dragon Breath is a fairly awful ability since you can only use it if you're maging in melee range, which most mages don't and exp burying is very circumstantial thing since you're either better off with more crit if you're saving the bones while fighting, or better of with demon horn necklace if you're bonecrushing.

Don't forget, people still pay 1.2M more for a Saradomin's Whisper than a Fury for  0.2% crit increase.

You no longer have to be in melee range for dragon breath.

Flyingjj.png

I've found that if you aren't in melee range, you can stlll do dragon breath, but it won't hit....

So, how much does it boost the ability?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So, how much does it boost the ability?

Apparently, it makes the ability deal 10% more damage, as well as having a chance of applying a short combust effect (188% damage over 3 hits).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

driderbody.png

Sold for 14m.

Sorry to say, but I think you got shafted. Someone sold 1 for 150M earlier today (probably first one). Even now, someone sold the legs for 65M instant sell. It appears they are super rare.

Super rare's probably pushing it. A few people had drops whilst I was there. Even if the price is that high, I'm not that bothered. I don't even play enough to spend or use 100m.

Sylpheed.png

driderbody.png

Sold for 14m.

Sorry to say, but I think you got shafted. Someone sold 1 for 150M earlier today (probably first one). Even now, someone sold the legs for 65M instant sell. It appears they are super rare.

Super rare's probably pushing it. A few people had drops whilst I was there. Even if the price is that high, I'm not that bothered. I don't even play enough to spend or use 100m.

Considering how most buy/sell offers I've seen for them are all around 10-20m, expecting 65m for it is ridiculous. They're far from super rare.