28-March-2014 - Behind The Scenes April

Reliable

I get the impression that the patch bombs and the tickets are consumable, but the capes and the seedcrusher aren't

(i refuse to call it seedicide)

the minigame is also a permanent fixture, according to the devs, so it's fine if they're consumables

I was thinking "seedicide" was a terrible name for that but couldn't think of an alternative. Seedcrusher is so much better.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Most excited for the 120 capes. From what I've seen they look amazing.

The bank thing looks good too, but the rest is meh.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

worth what?

what percentage of time will actually be saved by having it?

unless the damn thing is actually putting memories into the hole at the same time you are, we traded away getting more loot from divine locations for this

Not time, you save on the amount of clicks thus making it more afkable.

I think the advantage to the master capes is they show more .... "dedication" towards a skill, but most people won't go apeshit crazy to get them compared to when the original 99 Capes came out, since it's 10x more experience required and offers no actual bonuses. Hopefully when they do add them, they'll also clean up the current skill capes as they look like someone went crazy with a bottle of starch. 

Popoto.~<3

Only looking forward to the master capes this month. Oh, and the 2 extra treasure hunter keys from the novice quest of course!

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

They think it'll be a repeat of when the original Skillcapes came out which drove a lot of resource prices up by a batshit amount, only most people don't realize that its 10x more experience, 10x more the cost, and a good 90% players won't be going on a manhunt to GET said capes.

Basically panicking over nothing.

Popoto.~<3

The Master Capes are a waste and a mistake, of course.

100% agree. I enjoy quests...But month after month of quests instead of focusing on much needed areas/skills...Blah, a flop month imo.

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

I don't get the thing with Master Capes, there are only about 7000 capes to be claimed in total at this moment (excluding Dungeoneering), why is such a large amount of the community going apeshit to get those? :s

Its all about visually bragging about e-ccomplishments

Also I wonder how Triquos feels about this

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I don't get the thing with Master Capes, there are only about 7000 capes to be claimed in total at this moment (excluding Dungeoneering), why is such a large amount of the community going apeshit to get those? :s

In a word, particles.

• Like 3

Asmodean <3

In a word, particles.

Partic00ls

Its all about visually bragging about e-ccomplishments

Also I wonder how Triquos feels about this

He's deactivated his account and moved on I think :P Probably would be happy to see them being implemented.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

worth what?

what percentage of time will actually be saved by having it?

unless the damn thing is actually putting memories into the hole at the same time you are, we traded away getting more loot from divine locations for this

The bob will save time on running to the hole by letting us collect 67 memories instead of just 27. Also the scrolls help collect energy. I am hoping the scrolls let us collect energy outside of div locations.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

100% agree. I enjoy quests...But month after month of quests instead of focusing on much needed areas/skills...Blah, a flop month imo.

I'm genuinely interested in whether or not they can actually pull off an atmospheric, intrigue-heavy quest. If they do it right, it has the potential to be a great deal more immersive than any of the GM (or 'GM') quests they've released in the last few years. And it gets us away from the Gods storyline for a bit. That in itself is a huge plus.

The Divination stuff seems genuinely useful, or at least different.

I'm genuinely interested in whether or not they can actually pull off an atmospheric, intrigue-heavy quest. If they do it right, it has the potential to be a great deal more immersive than any of the GM (or 'GM') quests they've released in the last few years. And it gets us away from the Gods storyline for a bit. That in itself is a huge plus.

The Divination stuff seems genuinely useful, or at least different.

Underground Pass + WGS + Shadow Over Ashdale?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The Master Capes are a waste and a mistake, of course.

This month's quest was done by funnel team, which means even if they focused on something else it probably wouldn't be too interesting to non-beginners. At least this way the quest might be enjoyable. I love quests though, and would love to go back to 2005 rates where there were I think 26 that year though, so my view may be skewed towards them more than yours.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

No cabbage and monkey warpriest? No weapon overrides (cabbage maces!)? No monkey emote? TOTALLY [bleep]ING RUINED!

In all seriousness, master capes is one of the worst updates I've seen. It adds absolutely nothing but cosmetic items for absolute twats to project their "I trained for days/months and all I got was this lousy cape" status with. Not only that, the pusuit of 106M xp will only increase prices of all processing skills, only increasing the gap between experienced players and newbies thus ensuring even a thicker barrier of entry. And the icing on the cake is that they don't even look that impressive. A recoloured Dungeoneering master cape? HOLD THE [bleep]ING PHONES! The sheer stupidity of this player-voted reward would at least be somewhat remedied had the capes had unique looks to them (as that Deviant-art master cape concept art has shown us). Something tells me it probably won't even have unique emotes, either.

Ugh, this is just absolutely awful.

• Like 6

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Would not the increased price of processing skills also increase the price that newbies get paid for collecting the materials? The only one that this seems to affect negatively is those who only do combat and then buy skills. You're right, no new emotes, that was announced with the polls because these capes are being made by ninja team so that they don't affect any normal projects.

Also, I was kinda hoping for Monkey and Cabbage warpriest as well, but knew not to expect it when they said that its no longer considered a world event just a spring event.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Would not the increased price of processing skills also increase the price that newbies get paid for collecting the materials? The only one that this seems to affect negatively is those who only do combat and then buy skills. You're right, no new emotes, that was announced with the polls because these capes are being made by ninja team so that they don't affect any normal projects.

Also, I was kinda hoping for Monkey and Cabbage warpriest as well, but knew not to expect it when they said that its no longer considered a world event just a spring event.

The profit from gathering skills and the cost of processing skills is not 1:1.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Processing skills are only vaguely relevant to any actual content now. They do not exist as a barrier of entry in any way, shape or form. I disagree with most everything else you wrote but it's not really worth more of a response.

Asmodean <3

Processing skills are only vaguely relevant to any actual content now. They do not exist as a barrier of entry in any way, shape or form. I disagree with most everything else you wrote but it's not really worth more of a response.

Herblore is still relevant all the way to 95. It's also the costliest processing skill.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Herblore is still relevant all the way to 95. It's also the costliest processing skill.

There is no content out where you can't just use supers instead of ovls. Gear is the barrier to entry. And crafting is now the most expensive isn't it?

Asmodean <3

No cabbage and monkey warpriest? No weapon overrides (cabbage maces!)? No monkey emote? TOTALLY [bleep]ING RUINED!

In all seriousness, master capes is one of the worst updates I've seen. It adds absolutely nothing but cosmetic items for absolute twats to project their "I trained for days/months and all I got was this lousy cape" status with. Not only that, the pusuit of 106M xp will only increase prices of all processing skills, only increasing the gap between experienced players and newbies thus ensuring even a thicker barrier of entry. And the icing on the cake is that they don't even look that impressive. A recoloured Dungeoneering master cape? HOLD THE [bleep]ING PHONES! The sheer stupidity of this player-voted reward would at least be somewhat remedied had the capes had unique looks to them (as that Deviant-art master cape concept art has shown us). Something tells me it probably won't even have unique emotes, either.

Ugh, this is just absolutely awful.

Indeed, a few zealots dedicated to gaining experience mindlessly should not be allowed to set official standards or benchmarks in the game. 

And yeah, the voting is rather frustrating as a large number of (though skillcapes are not the worse example of this, a better example is the Divination BoB) tend to vote for stupid things or against their own interests -- they are far too ignorant to have voting power.