28-March-2014 - Behind The Scenes April

Reliable

No cabbage and monkey warpriest? No weapon overrides (cabbage maces!)? No monkey emote? TOTALLY [bleep]ING RUINED!

In all seriousness, master capes is one of the worst updates I've seen. It adds absolutely nothing but cosmetic items for absolute twats to project their "I trained for days/months and all I got was this lousy cape" status with. Not only that, the pusuit of 106M xp will only increase prices of all processing skills, only increasing the gap between experienced players and newbies thus ensuring even a thicker barrier of entry. And the icing on the cake is that they don't even look that impressive. A recoloured Dungeoneering master cape? HOLD THE [bleep]ING PHONES! The sheer stupidity of this player-voted reward would at least be somewhat remedied had the capes had unique looks to them (as that Deviant-art master cape concept art has shown us). Something tells me it probably won't even have unique emotes, either.

Ugh, this is just absolutely awful.

Simple solution.Train the skill as intended instead of buying it. 1There is more to the game than PvM and only training skills when you can afford to buy the supplies from the gold you made PvM'ing.

The only issue with that is the efficiency attitude people have. It just means more PvM grind to raise skills. Skills you don't actually need.

Until PvM is reduced to "comp cape or gtfo" you don't need to train skills to 99... oh.. unless you're chasing a cape. :) Haha... who would even do that!? Certainly not someone opposed to chasing 120 capes!

Almost all skill content ends prior to 99, or at least the useful content. Some skills end even earlier (hi Smithing) and there isn't a single skill that requires you to buy it to reach 99.

• Like 1

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

100% agree. I enjoy quests...But month after month of quests instead of focusing on much needed areas/skills...Blah, a flop month imo.

I'm genuinely interested in whether or not they can actually pull off an atmospheric, intrigue-heavy quest. If they do it right, it has the potential to be a great deal more immersive than any of the GM (or 'GM') quests they've released in the last few years. And it gets us away from the Gods storyline for a bit. That in itself is a huge plus.

The Divination stuff seems genuinely useful, or at least different.

Underground Pass + WGS + Shadow Over Ashdale?
What's the point of mentioning the ashdale quest?

Also the boss is obviously a cthulonian.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sort of sad that it will probably be another 8 months to another year before we get the next major installment in the 6th Age/Zaros series. Jagex is woefully slow in following up on that sort of stuff. I mean, they did TWW which really was a major success, and they failed to do a follow up quest until much later that year and it was basically a novice quest. Not only that but the GM quests are way shorter and not up to the standard of WGS/BoD/ROTM; hard to believe Jagex released 11-12 quests in 2008 and still managed to pump out something as epic as WGS. I understand they can't pop major quests every month (that has only really happened once, when RotM and Branches of Darkmeyer were back-to-back), so I didn't expect anything this month, though I don't think we will get anything for a while. A novice quest following the events of FotG would have been nice though.

100% agree. I enjoy quests...But month after month of quests instead of focusing on much needed areas/skills...Blah, a flop month imo.

I'm genuinely interested in whether or not they can actually pull off an atmospheric, intrigue-heavy quest. If they do it right, it has the potential to be a great deal more immersive than any of the GM (or 'GM') quests they've released in the last few years. And it gets us away from the Gods storyline for a bit. That in itself is a huge plus.

The Ashdale quest is supposed to be an atmospheric quest. Underground Pass tried to do something like this, but that was a decade ago in RSC where you couldn't play with lighting effects but could type creepy words in red.

Indeed, a few zealots dedicated to gaining experience mindlessly should not be allowed to set official standards or benchmarks in the game.

We should just get rid of comp capes or even skillcapes as a whole.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The Ashdale quest is supposed to be an atmospheric quest. Underground Pass tried to do something like this, but that was a decade ago in RSC where you couldn't play with lighting effects but could type creepy words in red.

WoOoOoOoOo!! Mah springs up and crushes you underhand!

Oh dear, you are dead!

Really, you are dead. From an Elder God!

No respawning, you'll need to buy RuneCoins

From Soloman's General Store! Use the 'Earn button to earn free Runecoins!

- Love MMG's Chin

xoxoxoxoxlol

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Indeed, a few zealots dedicated to gaining experience mindlessly should not be allowed to set official standards or benchmarks in the game.

We should just get rid of comp capes or even skillcapes as a whole.

Although most (including myself), could not have predicted the negative outcome that skill capes/comp capes have had on the gaming and the culture when they were first proposed, it has indeed been quite bad. I am not opposed to removing them, though I don't really see the point at this stage, the damage is done.

Master Skillcapes - thanks jagex, do actually like this update although I know people think we shouldn't acknowledge the efficiency crowd and xp should be stopped at 99 etc etc etc

Seecide and VIP Slayer tickets look interesting, although I'm interested to see how said tickets will function. 

Pretty happy to see charm transmutation, EVEN at a bad rate I'll happily turn my golds and greens into crims, just to get rid of the bastards.

Decentlookingmonths. WOW NO ELF CITY NO INVENTOR NO ROLLBACK OF THOSE STUPID [bleep]ING BOOTS DAMNIT JAGEX

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER