Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza 14/4/14

Ambler

Got seedicide, and two capes already. After getting the third cape, I wonder if this will be dead content because the slayer tickets (oh yay pick from two task), and patch bomb (you must be one of the laziest players in the world if you consider this practical) are consumables.

Highest score I got was 207 pts.

Slayer tickets are semi-ok, might be worth grabbing a few while we get the daily bonus renown (assuming the bonus is removed after the easter period).

Slayer tickets don't get used up if you accept the original task, so you probably wouldn't end up using that many of them. I guess it just depends on how much you value slayer points.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

The minigame and its rewards, sans the cape, are permanent.

Managed to get 180~ points in a 15 minute game today. That's 6 slayer tickets, or 12 with the bonus. So assuming one ticket costs 2.5 minutes (or 1.25 minutes with bonus) to obtain, does it make obtaining tickets worthwhile if you value slayer XP?

EDIT: Never mind the ticket only lets you choose between two assignments, not the whole list. Rip.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Got seedicide, and two capes already. After getting the third cape, I wonder if this will be dead content because the slayer tickets (oh yay pick from two task), and patch bomb (you must be one of the laziest players in the world if you consider this practical) are consumables.

What?

If they're consumables, then it means people would keep coming back for more, as opposed to everyone getting them once and never coming back...

Are the XP bonus rewards even worth considering?

Roughly 120k slayer bxp at 99 from using your daily allotment of bonus renown.

I was going to try and make a boosting chat last night, but I had to take care of stuff. I imagine it would be no attacking, use stuns and fast gatherer. If your a gorilla only place traps.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Are the XP bonus rewards even worth considering?

Roughly 120k slayer bxp at 99 from using your daily allotment of bonus renown.

I was going to try and make a boosting chat last night, but I had to take care of stuff. I imagine it would be no attacking, use stuns and fast gatherer. If your a gorilla only place traps.

I think a good group setup would be to move in groups of three, two equipped with damage bonus and one equipped with faster gathering. This would allow you to 3-hit every monkey minion you encounter, as well as speed up any resource node. You've also got three stuns available for the gorillas.

Travelling in too large a group would cut down points from minions.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There is at least one fc already where you aren't allowed to attack players as a gorilla called "zarosiankril". Its not as restrictive as the rules you laid out but it was working pretty well last night.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

New abilities since yesterday.

I suggest considering swapping stun for dash, if you're not playing in a dedicated group. Dash evades everything (a crude fireproof, a corner cutter through cauldron squares if you shoot diagonally) and puts you significantly ahead of rabid gorillas, as long as you're pointed in the right direction and know approximately where you'll land. Since the cooldown is a minute, you can use it in the earlier rounds once per round, although later on the rounds will be ending faster, unless once again you're in a group, in which case it's better to have stuns since they can be shared.

once again, the other abilities are trolling abilities or inferior

8f14270694.jpg

depends, but if you're in a bind, the damage reduction may be more helpful

in group games you're generally just tanking ai gorillas while harvesting so you can eat the damage during that time with the recovery

8f14270694.jpg

I found damage reduction much better than increased heal working in groups.

I found that the damage you take extra by not having the reduction exceeds the damage you heal in most situations and when you get into a bad spot (eg multiple gorillas, fire and a cauldron) the increased damage can easily wipe you out.

In the few games I tried it for I was getting full heal amounts with increased heal whereas with reduced damage often my health was high enough that I got reduced or no heal. I also found when I got in a bad state (low hp) with increased heal I nearly always died, with reduced damage I could get by long enough to grab a few trophies and finish the round near max.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

well, there's always judgment calls to be made on whether or not the group is taking an optimal path, if you see a gauntlet of pain up ahead versus camping spots for trophies versus remaining time, taking a side path is always an option and never underestimate your ability to take risks that pay off by approaching the goal from another direction or capitalizing on sudden changes in the situation, although it may take you a few tries to get a handle on your limit

usually, bad situations are forced by the presence of too many player controlled gorillas, which shouldn't be an issue if you're running with an fc, otherwise it's limited to AI gorillas which get caught on things constantly and only aggro in range or line of sight, and fire/cauldrons that you can see ahead, choose to burn a fire shield, or dash if it's only one or so

there's also a secret pro tactic that i will only discuss in PM cause it's so leet

8f14270694.jpg

Yes. You can still stay in a group (sort of) if you all enter at the same time, but it's less likely. Still, players in general seem to be more or less civil these days, even with sore losers here and there.

Phase 3 introduces to us the Riches passive, which grants a significant bonus over time, as it gives 10% more points every round. These points aren't actually shown until after the game is finished, but you can easily gain over 30 extra points in this fashion if you manage to survive to the end. The tradeoff is that you don't have Iron Hide in the case of a terrible group, but rarely has there been reward without risk...

the other new abilities are terrible, as always, and lack the utility that stun gorillas, dash, and flameproof have, save for the potential for the instakill ability POSSIBLY allowing you to KO a gorilla twice per game, if the text in their official wiki is right, and the game is currently wrong, as it does not allow you to knock out gorilla guards at the moment, and should either be clarified to say that it doesn't do that, or patched ingame so that it does

gorilla guards carry four trophies, so getting eight more trophies per game while freeing nine tiles that are filled with monkey minions from the gorilla menace MAY justify dropping flameproof if you're smart about it, and if you manage to run a good group, you can all share in the four trophy glory and stuff your trousers full of cabbages

8f14270694.jpg

From my experience riches is worded badly and does NOT give 10% each round it gives 10% for each game as a whole.

E.g. I got 14 extra points on a 140 score at the end

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It feels like although damage is scaled, healing is not (or at least not to the point where it's actually noticeable) I find that mildly frustrating. Also it's super easy to get stuck on corners since your gorrila occupies such a large space. I feel like the rooms should've been just a little bit larger - enough that you could still tank on a pillar but not enough that you're CONSTANTLY stuck on things. Tactical movement should be rewarded, but not handed to a person on a silver platter. <_< I also think that, without any buffs, players do too much damage on monkey minions. They should be encouraged for piling but dish out range damage comparable to cabbage cauldrons. As of right now they're basically free heals and points since gorrilas can be so slow and outnumbered if there's not a lot of people playing.

I dunno. Just some first impressions on playing the game.

hzvjpwS.gif

the corner snagging is part of the avoidance strategy with the risk that flames or more gorillas are going to notice you. the main risk of running is fire, so as a gorilla it's more useful to force players to choose a shitty path with cauldrons and fire and walls than the straight runs (perhaps on the ends also), so punish them by camping in the straight runs and force them to go towards the middle, or ride their asses and hope that they blew their stun early (if they're scrubs that use stun)

professional gorilla trolls just click around the pillars

however, it's generally more useful to just quit if you fail early, since a lot of players are able to group efficiently now, although if you're burning away the last rounds and it's impossible to hunt them all, you can just boobytrap somewhere down the path you think they'll go, and then gently "encourage" them towards it with your presence and laugh when they trigger the springloaded banana, since nobody ever really seems to catch on that you can see them all the way down the map and know where they're planning to run, and blindly harvest everything

8f14270694.jpg