Miss Lioness

Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

I was really hoping they would keep the chronicle cash in since I can't do tww but not a big deal

You might be able to do it once the newest combat formula takes place in the live game.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Mr Osbournes latest suggestion

[qfc]16-17-824-65372977[/qfc]

Page 7

Seems like a good middle ground on shattered heart 2:

No limit on how many times you can build it per week.

Trim req will increase by 1 completion each week until week 32.

So effectively you have to have done it at least once for each week that has past since launch to keep the cape, however you are free to do all 32 asap and then ignore it. On the other side you can do 1 a week so as to not rush it if you wish, but if you miss a week and lose trim you can double up and get trim back.

Seems like a fair compromise all round in my book:

No arbitrary time limiting for content that will give the same xp regardless of speed.

No 32 week absence of all trims

No 32 week outright grace of everyone keeping trim without trying to keep up.

Just enough grace to not force people into rushing it in order to keep trim, but equally ensuring they work to keep trim and have a chance to catch up if they miss a week or 2.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With the proposed change, is there even any need for a grace period? It makes it a requirement that involves pure grinding without any wait period, just a solid investment of time. This makes it similar to the Elder Chronicle trim requirement, which had no such grace period, was incredibly grindy and quite lengthy.

You can't even miss a week or two because there's no weekly restriction to miss.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think it kinda hinges on just how hard the rocks are to get.

Whilst chronicles were indeedy grindy they can be cleared in what 16 hours or so?

If this is anything like the original you could be looking at a solid 3-5 hours per set, making for 96-160 hours to do it all, which in terms of a requirement added on post-launch of the cape does far outstrip any of the others in terms of time investment. So to me would warrant at least some degree of grace - the full 32 week may be excessive though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If this is anything like the original you could be looking at a solid 3-5 hours per set, making for 96-160 hours to do it all, which in terms of a requirement added on post-launch of the cape does far outstrip any of the others in terms of time investment. So to me would warrant at least some degree of grace - the full 32 week may be excessive though.

Divination? :P

6Ij0n.jpg

I wasn't particularly counting skills because they aren't a direct requirement of trim, as such, and are instead an issue for the plain comp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So when over 9000 people lost their trim/comp/max capes, there was no need for a grace period.

Now around 550 people will lose their trim capes, and there's suddenly a need for one? :P

The Runespan esteem requirement was almost 70 hours, there was definitely no grace period for that!

6Ij0n.jpg

I can see the argument either way, I just personally feel it perhaps deserves a little grace period subject to just how hard the rocks are to actually come by - especially if they are limited to be ONLY obtainable within the elf city which may render some extremely hard to acquire at first due to overcrowding.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So when over 9000 people lost their trim/comp/max capes, there was no need for a grace period.

Now around 550 people will lose their trim capes, and there's suddenly a need for one? :P

The Runespan esteem requirement was almost 70 hours, there was definitely no grace period for that!

I think it's because of the length. If I understand it, this will take 32 weeks to finish the statue? That's a VERY long time for it to be impossible to have trimmed cape, vs the new skill which some people managed to reach 99 quite fast if they really "desired" to. The key difference is that you can train divination as much as you want, but you are limited at most from getting the statue completed one part per week. This is the key difference, even though it takes some time to train to a 99, it's not really the same as the statue, in my opinion.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I think it's because of the length. If I understand it, this will take 32 weeks to finish the statue? That's a VERY long time for it to be impossible to have trimmed cape, vs the new skill which some people managed to reach 99 quite fast if they really "desired" to. The key difference is that you can train divination as much as you want, but you are limited at most from getting the statue completed one part per week. This is the key difference, even though it takes some time to train to a 99, it's not really the same as the statue, in my opinion.

Under Mod Osborne's new proposal, they would remove the weekly restriction on building new statues, i.e. you can build as many statues as you want per day. HOWEVER, and this is the kicker, they still want there to be some form of grace period, where each week after release they'll check if you've done at least one cycle (i.e. at least 1 by the end of week 1, 2 by the end of week 2 etc), and only strip your trim if you don't meet this requirement.

Individually, these solutions make sense - either remove the weekly restriction, or add a progressive grace period with constant checks. Not together.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

Why not both?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

knowing jagex, they'll probably do some dumb thing like make each statue progressively harder to do in the same day for the purpose of "balancing it out"

8f14270694.jpg

Why not both?

Has any other trim requirement needed a grace period?

Do trim requirements honestly need grace periods either?

6Ij0n.jpg

Do they? That's why I asked

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

The main reason for the grace period this time was because the requirement would take 8 months to complete, with a lot of dead time in between of just waiting for a restriction (like Ports, but much worse).

With a weekly restriction on rebuilds gone, there's honestly no need for a grace period for this requirement. Trim doesn't even have a stat advantage over the untrimmed cape, so arguably there's really no need for a grace period at all.

6Ij0n.jpg

^ Because the news post when the first one launched saying they'd come every Wednesday with a list of dates wasn't confirmation enough?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

^ Because the news post when the first one launched saying they'd come every Wednesday with a list of dates wasn't confirmation enough?

Not if you are as hyped as me! Elf city and a new solo boss in the works has be excited for the future.
  • Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

8V6Ok.png

Lol at the throne.

????? at the last two.

6Ij0n.jpg

The slayer challenge for Trim is annoying as all hell.  Let's make everything PVM based!

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Hall of Fame challenge is gonna be a bit of a pita to clear, but not so bad.

Overal the Max guild sounds quite nice - I like the idea of the 27 flag poles where you can add the 26 skill capes and quest cape. Not hugely useful but at least it gives us something to do with them and a way to see them instead of just gathering dust in a poh. I don't get why the charge or not of the portal is tied to just the 1 hall of fame challenge though. To me it would make more sense to have max = charge to change, comp = free to change.

Nice to see crystal 'set' will be complete with 2hs (bow, hally staff) and 1hs (dagger, wand/orb and 'chakzam') Presumably dagger and chakzam thing will have oh.

Though I do hope there are more crystal items yet to be seen for other clans (lvl 70 hatchet and pick maybe?)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's a PVM portal, so it makes sense to me that beating the PVM slayer challenge makes it free :P

Crystal tools would be great (WC, mining clans), but I'd really rage over a crystal pickaxe considering the flop of the Imcando Pickaxe.

Interesting that they're differentiating crystal seeds into weapon seeds in this document.

6Ij0n.jpg

max guild teleport to dag kings is op

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

It's a PVM portal, so it makes sense to me that beating the PVM slayer challenge makes it free :P

Crystal tools would be great (WC, mining clans), but I'd really rage over a crystal pickaxe considering the flop of the Imcando Pickaxe.

Interesting that they're differentiating crystal seeds into weapon seeds in this document.

The trouble with te Imcando pickaxe was it too all the good features of Inferno Adeze and attempted to distil them into a pickaxe form and slapping on a degradability function without considering firstly that most people who do not drop ores actually want ore to sell not bars thereby rendering it most useless to nearly every miner. And secondly that the sheer number of ores one has to mine makes it highly impractical to recharge all the time, thereby rendering it ineffectual to the remaining drop miners all with the shiny veneer of requiring extended training in a sub-par mine and an expensive pickaxe many opt to not invest into make.

It might've sustained some usage if it didn't need charging and wasn't a d-pick upgrade, but alas it got Jagexed into uselessness.

Plv6Dz6.jpg