Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weird login bug

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Nature of this bug:

No matter how many times I change my password via email I can't login to my character. I cant login to the runescape website, rs3 or osrs. This happened after disconnecting from runescape (which I associated with an account hijacker) and being unable to login with the login error being invalid password or username and error continues even after switching computers and making sure my email secure when sending a password change request.

Anyone ever encounter this problem? Another thing was the fact that my username was instantly available which it would not have been if I had gotten banned. No information on this is on their site and they haven't responded to my emails about it either.

bb507033d3e5244c193d3902b8d7761e.png

My name according to cancel billing by card

b608f150be416c0fb590b9c10ba19664.png

[Oh really? The password thats the same clearly doesn't allow me to login]

Yet if I try that password it will not log me in anywhere on the runescape website. And no the password recovery emails I clicked weren't phishers.

Just putting the word out there that this happened and I have no idea why so you should watch out for it. If anyone else has encountered this I could use some advice. (seem to be not be getting replies from emails/tweets I've sent Jagex) 

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

If I were you I would call for an emergency lock-down on your accout.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Well my account doesn't seem to exist anymore is the thing. The only evidence for it existing is in billing. 

I was able to pull my username onto an alt instantly after dc'ing which you couldn't do if you were banned and wouldn't have been possible if the hijacker was trying to take my name.

I also don't appear on high scores which would suggest a ban, but the above makes me think otherwise since you dont appear on billing if your perma'd nor is your username available.

Plus I changed my password for email/rs on my phone. So I'm not really worried about it being a keylogger or RAT. This is pretty clearly an issue on Jagex's end unrelated to my would-be account hijacker

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

Strange things happen. I've seen people reporting the same issue before.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Any advice I've asked @jagexsupport several times now on twitter and sent them several emails with no response. 

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
My advice would be to have a bit of patience - if you have emailed and tweeted at them 'several times' in the 42 minutes this thread has been posted you are essentially just spamming them.

The twitter lot are usually good at getting back to you fairly quick, but it can still take hours.

I wonder if this is there attempt at rolling out botting detection for osrs, as people with similar issue all seem to be osrs players and it wouldn't be too out of character giving the ban issue botwatch had in rs3 at first launch. I also wonder if it could be perhaps osrs bot related in terms of getting rid of accounts that had too much to do with bots, as that could easily affect honest players if they bought masses of supplies from a bot.

All told there's not a lot you can do other than wait for them to get back to you and hope for the best.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

This happened a week ago. Thats when the emails went out and the tweets originally days ago.

Really can't help but think that my issue is that headache no one over there wants to deal with. 

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
I had a similar situation where I was logged out and unable to login. It turned out the email I had used to create my account had been disabled since I made it due to inactivity. Relogging and reverifying the email fixed it.
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
When I was at GWD, I was disconnected and was unable to log back in. I had the same as you - the random [#H2Y4JDH3]. Turns out my display name was offensive and I was reported. I had to log into the names.ws page and change my name before I could properly log in. =/.

09144a99bb.png

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

Don't want to be a party pooper but...

You don't actually own the account, I think in their terms and such it states Jagex Ltd will own the account and can remove/delete an account without any prior notice or reason given, it's their account you simply just login and play on it.

So technically they don't even have to respond to you, but hopefully they do, I'm on your side with this I think it's a bit weird for them not to give you any notice or any help what so ever.

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

@Steph & Sev. Did you even read the thread? He can not log in to the website to perform those tasks.

This happened a week ago. Thats when the emails went out and the tweets originally days ago.

Really can't help but think that my issue is that headache no one over there wants to deal with. 

Did you try https://twitter.com/jagexsupport

Seems to be the only one not completely abandoned, just heard from a guy today who got a response within an hour.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

yep thats where i tweeted. Only to have them reply to people posting after me lol. 

Don't want to be a party pooper but...

You don't actually own the account, I think in their terms and such it states Jagex Ltd will own the account and can remove/delete an account without any prior notice or reason given, it's their account you simply just login and play on it.

So technically they don't even have to respond to you, but hopefully they do, I'm on your side with this I think it's a bit weird for them not to give you any notice or any help what so ever.

yeah your right, they can do what they want but even if they felt I was up to something really shady this is really a shitty to treat someone.

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
@k did you read mine? The actual email was inactive so the email host disabled it causing my rs account to have an invalid registered email.
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Update: I've sent a message regarding the issue on another account of mine that is on the same email address and paid for on the same credit card. Which has gotten ignored. As have other attempts to tweet the issue to Jagex. 

Considering they actually reply to issues regarding perma bans even though its their policy not to I can conclude that its either a headache no one wants to address or an active strategy on how to deal with accounts in this situation.

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
Which email address are you using? Their support@support.jagex.com? I got a reply within a few hours last time I used it (a few weeks ago).

09144a99bb.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Sent through this page. 

http://services.rune...Help_Contact_Us

edit tried that email address:

Oops! We've changed the way customers contact Jagex Customer Support! Don’t worry, you can still contact us with your issue directly from our Support Centre.

We have recently revamped our Support Centre as part of our ongoing efforts to improve our customer service. To help you find your answer quickly, you can use these quick links to the relevant sections, where you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions, and links to contact us:

Account Help
Technical Help
Payment Help

Thanks,
Jagex Customer Support

lol guess not

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
Ah. Sorry to hear that. Was almost exactly a month ago when I was using that one to contact them. :(. You've tried the accounthelp_nologin page, I'm guessing?

09144a99bb.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Yeah I did. Looks like they are going to charge me for another month on June 3rd. Going to send an email to billing and see where it leads me.

edit: the email with billing did the trick. My account was "frozen due to a breach of the rules and regulations of Runescape". I was also given a link for information on how to appeal this but it seems it would require me to be able to login to do so. So after a weeks time I got the answer I suspected from the beginning, it was a ban and probably a glitch on the permanent ban system. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users