27 May 2014 Dungeoneering Spotlight

Wkw

Hex is better on autoattacks now, but still terrible when using abilities lol.

How does it work out so bad for abilities?I thought they hinged on your damage stat, which is only marginally lower than sagi short for hex now.

Sagie bow is equal to dual wielding crossbows.

Hex is equal to a crossbow and a shield.

I had heard Hex was now equal to a normal 2h weapon, rather than a 1h, but with retaining the shield effects and lp/def bonuses.

Sounds reasonable. All I know is that they were shieldbows before the update. I destroyed the two I had bound when I needed more binds, so I couldn't check.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Is Dragon Rider still better than the upgraded Hiss at this point?

If you're using the prayer bonus, yes; if not, then the DG ammys are better.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Is Dragon Rider still better than the upgraded Hiss at this point?

If you're using the prayer bonus, yes; if not, then the DG ammys are better.

Depends how much you use dragonsbreath as well

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Hex is better on autoattacks now, but still terrible when using abilities lol.

How does it work out so bad for abilities?I thought they hinged on your damage stat, which is only marginally lower than sagi short for hex now.

Sagie bow is equal to dual wielding crossbows.

Hex is equal to a crossbow and a shield.

I had heard Hex was now equal to a normal 2h weapon, rather than a 1h, but with retaining the shield effects and lp/def bonuses.

Sounds reasonable. All I know is that they were shieldbows before the update. I destroyed the two I had bound when I needed more binds, so I couldn't check.

I have one, I was planning on using it as my primary weapon now, but I don't know how to check and don't have a Sag Short to compare it with... :|

2dgucz6.png

Here we go again.

Anyone have stats on the spear? I'm curious

It works out identical to the existing chaotics quite predictably.

Its only purpose in existing is because corp needs spears.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^ They have been turning up all afternoon thus far the suspicion is they are either a 'members all summer' promo for june - aug or a vip summer thing.

There's also crystal amulets that cant be worn until tomorrow turning up that are assumed to be some sort of lead in to elf-mania of summer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But doesn't hex and sagi use the same ammo, which would make them equal?

Or is hex not able to fire sagi arrows? I just assumed it could when they made the tweak a while back to allow use of over-levelled ammos and the fact runewiki uses sagi arrows in the damage calcs for it.

I think it's because it's still a shieldbow even with the bonus, so it only gets 100% of ammo damage as opposed to SSB getting 150% ammo damage.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

But doesn't hex and sagi use the same ammo, which would make them equal?

Or is hex not able to fire sagi arrows? I just assumed it could when they made the tweak a while back to allow use of over-levelled ammos and the fact runewiki uses sagi arrows in the damage calcs for it.

I think it's because it's still a shieldbow even with the bonus, so it only gets 100% of ammo damage as opposed to SSB getting 150% ammo damage.

Yeah I realised tht after postings. It's pure and simple jagex being stupid thing - make it a short bow and problem all goes away.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

But it still counts as a shield for abilities, which.. isn't that useful, but Jagex. In addition, I think the other problem with hex is that abillities don't take into account the special effect for increasing damage to mage-heavy enemies, so only auto attacks get the actual boost which is the whole point of hex bow to begin with. Until abilities also take into account the hex bow's bonus there is really no point, unless they just make it stronger in general than the SSB.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Hey, did anyone get an Enlightenment aura in their bank with today's update?

It says 100% boost to XP and recharges in 5 days...

According to wiki, its indeed 100% bonus in 5 days, for VIP members.

Most likely it will provide a per diem of 100% XP for a set time  -- like 30 minutes or so ...

nyuseg.png

But it still counts as a shield for abilities, which.. isn't that useful, but Jagex. In addition, I think the other problem with hex is that abillities don't take into account the special effect for increasing damage to mage-heavy enemies, so only auto attacks get the actual boost which is the whole point of hex bow to begin with. Until abilities also take into account the hex bow's bonus there is really no point, unless they just make it stronger in general than the SSB.

Woah - I actually had no idea it even still had the special effect at all. Is it good with autoattacks on mages then? It is fastest speed

2dgucz6.png

in legacy mode hex will be op 

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Yes, it's listed as common; Gf Demon flashmobs. [bleep]ing [wagon]

yeah I have fought them, they're EASY PEASY 

few hours (two max) of Kal'garion): OHB x 2, Dslayer boots, gloves, circlet
2-3 weeks of few hours a day of demonmobs: Boots.

Shouldve been task only drop... Oh well, it's ruined anyhow. Good job on making another scam item since they're not even worth 1/10TH of their price from yesterday. Nis OHB 950K -> Price really resembles it rarity, sure thing ...

RAGE
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Eh, they're listed as common under Demon Slayer Gear, but getting to Demon Slayer Gear requires a rare roll.

That said, I've gotten 3 pieces already and none of the title scrolls yet. ffs

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.