The Mighty Fall - June 2nd

Miss Lioness

A great little quest. That last fight was hard though, mostly because there seems to be some kind of strange lag/bug something when that special smashing attack is used. On the notes of Zanik...

She did seem different indeed. I didn't like it. And why did Jagex have to make us say good bye to her? I will miss her, really. She is, according to me, our character's best friend. We have been through a huge lot together, and now they have to make her leave for Yu'Biusk? And dying? Come on. There could have been so many better options! :(

Not dying. (unless you killed her)

She said she was even feeling stronger by the end of the quest.

But she's still been written out of a storyline that she was pretty much made for. There really wasn't any reason to do it and the choice felt forced, like they confused being able to kill named characters with being required to do so, whether it makes sense to or not.

It's not just the gameplay that seemed really unpolished, at least.

A great little quest. That last fight was hard though, mostly because there seems to be some kind of strange lag/bug something when that special smashing attack is used. On the notes of Zanik...

She did seem different indeed. I didn't like it. And why did Jagex have to make us say good bye to her? I will miss her, really. She is, according to me, our character's best friend. We have been through a huge lot together, and now they have to make her leave for Yu'Biusk? And dying? Come on. There could have been so many better options! :(

I killed her as it seemed like the right thing to do at the time, After I read how it would have ended if I would have let her live and I feel so bad for killing her now. And Ur-Tag made me feel even worse.... I need an undo button!

Perhaps I could use the power Guthix bestowed upon me to resurrect her? Perhaps without the weird face.

Oh well maybe I'm just a monster. I killed everyone they gave me the option to kill.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I killed her as it seemed like the right thing to do at the time, After I read how it would have ended if I would have let her live and I feel so bad for killing her now. And Ur-Tag made me feel even worse.... I need an undo button!

Perhaps I could use the power Guthix bestowed upon me to resurrect her? Perhaps without the weird face.

Oh well maybe I'm just a monster. I killed everyone they gave me the option to kill.

Nice one Bandos

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I think the thing that got me most with the Zanik in this quest

What is with the sudden insertion of the idea that Bandos gave her some of his power to revive her because she was the choosen commander?

It strikes me as very contradictory to the rest of his persona and surely as a plot point it needs more exploration - which seems unlikely when Bandos is dead and Zanik is gone never to be seen again to avoid the issues of her being alive for some

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, I remember Mod Jack mentioned that they didn't want to make another Hazeel situation where a character could be alive for some or dead for some

[hide]So now she's dead for everyone, gud writing mmkay[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So why give us the choice at all?

[hide]Probably so they can put those who killed her on some sort of watch list or something[/hide]

• Like 5

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

What is with the sudden insertion of the idea that Bandos gave her some of his power to revive her because she was the choosen commander?

It strikes me as very contradictory to the rest of his persona and surely as a plot point it needs more exploration - which seems unlikely when Bandos is dead and Zanik is gone never to be seen again to avoid the issues of her being alive for some

it's a bit of a retcon, but since bandos seemed pretty desperate to get back to gielinor after smashing all of his accessible toys and didn't have a lot of options, i could see him having both the hubris to think that he was the only one who had the right to rule, and the cunning to attempt to trojan horse a piece of himself into gielinor to bypass the edicts, which would also establish a pretty strong presence since none of the other gods would have that advantage. his plan only fell apart because the player intervened.

8f14270694.jpg

it's a bit of a retcon, but since bandos seemed pretty desperate to get back to gielinor after smashing all of his accessible toys and didn't have a lot of options, i could see him having both the hubris to think that he was the only one who had the right to rule, and the cunning to attempt to trojan horse a piece of himself into gielinor to bypass the edicts, which would also establish a pretty strong presence since none of the other gods would have that advantage. his plan only fell apart because the player intervened.

That explanation does not make sense - his plan was the Choosen Commander and it went wrong because we intervened culminating in Zanik dying. It was then when she was at the Tears of Guthix being revived AFTER his plan has failed he gave her some of his power to revive her. Nothing about his saving her was in the original plan and she wasn't even in the avatar like she was supposed to be due to our meddling. Plus the fact he DID give his life essence to her to save her means the concept of him 'trojan horsing' in to Gielinor kinda worked, but also did not work because Zanik didn't do anything or give him any extra advantage. In fact by saving her he dropped himself down a tier of godhood that probably contributed to his demise.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I thought his energy more of went into the necklace? And by destroying it in The Chosen Commander both the player and Zanik interfered with his plans.

6Ij0n.jpg

I thought his energy more of went into the necklace? And by destroying it in The Chosen Commander both the player and Zanik interfered with his plans.

That was the original notion presented in the quest and still holds true, but in terms of the energy that weakened him this quest has retconned and decided that when we took half dead Zanik to the tears Bandos himself poured a portion of his energy into her to save her, weakening himself in the process.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Eh, it seems like both the resurrection and the destruction of the necklace damaged him. I don't remember any dialogue that discounted the necklace thing completely. Might have to watch a playthrough again.

6Ij0n.jpg

True true it was not discounted entirely, but it is just sort of implied - we assumed Bandos lost power due to the necklace/avatar malarky but then Zanik reveals Bandos specifically gave some of his power/life force to save her thus weakened himself implying the power loss was not infact caused by the avatar thing as previously assumed. Especially since the power loss thing to the extent of losing a godhood tier was never canonically in the original quest it in of itself was a retcon explanation by Jagex once the gods and tiers arrived since it was mentioned in passing Bandos used a lot of power for the avatar and it'd weaken him for a time. Where as this instance is a literal in-game canon reference to what happened to Bandos power in regards to Zanik.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

"this place kinda feels like freneskae" was what i thought

i don't think Bando's use of his power was what made him lose, but rather the fact that he didn't actually make use of his supposed skill at warfare at all during the recent battle, which is what i would complain about when talking about breaks in lore

i see the amulet as more of a weapon, that while powerful, only had its full potential when zanik was holding it

8f14270694.jpg

wtf are they gunna do with this then

013a565492.jpg

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

k4LozR1.png

I saw this on Reddit. Didn't they say something a little while ago about reusing assets to accelerate the release of updates?

Personally I think the asset reuse in this quest was handled much better than they did it for Ooak.

Yes it its perhaps noticeable it is based off the same map as Frenskae if you look at the maps side-by-side or have recently played that content, but overall its not an overwhelming sense of this is a copy it just feels a little similar.

Plus unlike in Ooak it isn't just a straight up copy, they have used the same base for the map, but it has been modified - the paths and areas are not 100% identical and it has been entirely retextured.

If this is how they reuse assets in the future to allow for quicker dev to a higher quality I would not mind at all; much better than straight up un-altered clones and if they had released this content a bit further away from Freneskae's launch it probably wouldn't even feel that similar until you saw the maps.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

To be honest, I didn't see any similarity in the maps until I saw both maps.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

k4LozR1.png

I saw this on Reddit. Didn't they say something a little while ago about reusing assets to accelerate the release of updates?

Personally I think the asset reuse in this quest was handled much better than they did it for Ooak.

Yes it its perhaps noticeable it is based off the same map as Frenskae if you look at the maps side-by-side or have recently played that content, but overall its not an overwhelming sense of this is a copy it just feels a little similar.

Plus unlike in Ooak it isn't just a straight up copy, they have used the same base for the map, but it has been modified - the paths and areas are not 100% identical and it has been entirely retextured.

If this is how they reuse assets in the future to allow for quicker dev to a higher quality I would not mind at all; much better than straight up un-altered clones and if they had released this content a bit further away from Freneskae's launch it probably wouldn't even feel that similar until you saw the maps.

Yeah, I had no idea until that reddit post pointed it out, and honestly I'm fine with it. Doesn't bother me a bit.

One question: What's Ooak?

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

OoaK is the abbreviation of "One of a Kind"

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

One Of A Kind O O A K

l2questacronym

Plv6Dz6.jpg

k4LozR1.png

Yeah, I had no idea until that reddit post pointed it out, and honestly I'm fine with it. Doesn't bother me a bit.

One question: What's Ooak?

I'm cool with it too.

OoaK = One of a Kind.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

they did a good job masking the models, but the layout just FEELS like freneskae's because of all of the crazy ups and downs of the area in general, and the dead ends are pretty obvious and feel like they used to have something going down that way, but were walled off

the added on platforms also feel blatantly out of place next to the twisted walkways because they're so uniform

if they had a folder of nondescript maps they could use, it'd work better because freneskae's layout is a bit too unique to pull off the illusion completely

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg