Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legacy Mode Beta - Coming 16th June

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

The thing is, basics aren't useless.  Knowing when to use which basics, and using ability queuing to optimize your adrenaline gain, can do so so much for your dps.

• Alg likes this

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

i really enjoy the part of EoC where I don't keep missing because I haven't passed some threshold that is not actually indicated anywhere in all of the useless crap numbers that the game shows

which is why i'll really like when they start reintroducing useless crap numbers

8f14270694.jpg

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

The thing is, basics aren't useless.  Knowing when to use which basics, and using ability queuing to optimize your adrenaline gain, can do so so much for your dps.

Generally just saying that it feels like filler, not that it's actually useless.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

For christ's sake can't Jagex just admit defeat and replace EOC with this.

EOC's implementation was garbage and the playerbase isn't the same as WOW.

We don't want WOW-lite.

This legacy mode, revolution mode, normal mode all in one game combat system is nonsensical and retarded.

Why would I want to play a mode where I have to press 7 buttons to do the same as a mode that presses one button when equally balanced? 

This type of retarded thinking is WOW-esque where different classes require far more button pressing and complexity for the sake of complexity so some elitist reject can run around telling everybody how special he is because he has mastered the "hard" DPS class.

Who is we, kimosabe? 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

With Revolution, they are.

When you're in Revolution mode, for most people it uses basics in a completely arbitrary manner.
Might as well just make it so Revolution would be auto-attacks as strong as using those basics + getting 8% adrenaline per 3 ticks and being able to use Thresholds and Ultimates.

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:God Of Lego

We don't want WOW-lite.
This legacy mode, revolution mode, normal mode all in one game combat system is nonsensical and retarded.
Why would I want to play a mode where I have to press 7 buttons to do the same as a mode that presses one button when equally balanced?
This type of retarded thinking is WOW-esque where different classes require far more button pressing and complexity for the sake of complexity so some elitist reject can run around telling everybody how special he is because he has mastered the "hard" DPS class.

Im sorry, but im not part of your 'we'.

I think EOC has great potential in allowing variety for pvm encounters. You cant honestly say from a pvm standpoint that simply DPSing down a boss is fun. Whats fun is learning an encounter, knowing how to handle the situations and overcoming them. That is what makes pvm great and builds prestige in the pvm world.

Thats the thing, EoC doesnt really expand on PVM. The monster itself has to be creative. Not the combat system. All EoC adds is the HP and the Abilities. At a boss. All these can be added, all abilities then do is DPS. So its not really that great of an expansion. Jagex lack creativity in fighting. They have 1 main boss maker. Thats pretty bad.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

We don't want WOW-lite.

Im sorry, but im not part of your 'we'.

I think EOC has great potential in allowing variety for pvm encounters. You cant honestly say from a pvm standpoint that simply DPSing down a boss is fun. Whats fun is learning an encounter, knowing how to handle the situations and overcoming them. That is what makes pvm great and builds prestige in the pvm world.
Thats the thing, EoC doesnt really expand on PVM. The monster itself has to be creative. Not the combat system. All EoC adds is the HP and the Abilities. At a boss. All these can be added, all abilities then do is DPS. So its not really that great of an expansion. Jagex lack creativity in fighting. They have 1 main boss maker. Thats pretty bad.
They are making the efforts. They have chain abilities, AOE abilities and combos. Thats certainly a lot of progress from back when it was thinking about using a scimitar and two hander.

They need to have more ability unlocks though. Maybe something on par to ancients in use.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Uade
[ Display Name History ]

Uade

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • RSN:Ecruteak
  • RSN2:Pot Of Herbs
  • Clan:Rants

Can't wait. I like the EoC but this looks awesome too.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I hope it's the same as the old method, though I have gotten used to using the NIS layout for personal preference.

For me, If I want to play ability masher 9000, I play Final Fantasy XIV for that. I play Runescape for the simple click of a button and relaxing gameplay. None of this "chain-spam-ability effiency bullshittery" that RS has been lately, just relaxing simplicity.

Popoto.~<3

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb

An update I'm actually happy to see.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

My opinion? It's too late, I genuinely think that the people that like EoC now may leave the game (as I believe they may remove EoC in the future) and Jagex will be back at square-one.

The reason I think they'll remove EoC:

I just don't see how in say 3 years time from now they can keep bringing 2 types of updates for the game (one that works with Legacy and one that works with EoC) it seems far too much work and there needs to be just one, simple system in place otherwise in time, things could get very confusing.

One example could be boss killing or quests, it could be easier to do a quest/beat a boss in EoC because of all the added abilities rather than Legacy mode.

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS

Can someone explain the difference between this and just using momentum?

It looks like legacy mode is going to be integrated with EOC-world so are they planning on having people running around with 990 hp and others with 9000? So monsters do different amounts of damage to people in one mode or the other?

I really don't understand this.

Bartsimps
[ Display Name History ]

Bartsimps

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:CaptCrunch
  • RSN '07:P S P Hacker

Im so ready! I wonder how drygores/new content will work though.

Captcrunch.png

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 409 posts
All damage is an Illusion. Legacy users will see x/10 damage. Ex: General Graador has a hit of ~2200 for normal eoc, ~220 if using legacy
Not sure about the difference between legacy/momentum in terms of normal damage.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

Can someone explain the difference between this and just using momentum?

It looks like legacy mode is going to be integrated with EOC-world so are they planning on having people running around with 990 hp and others with 9000? So monsters do different amounts of damage to people in one mode or the other?

I really don't understand this.

There isn't a difference

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Only difference is legacy will have buffed damage compared to momentum, and the former won't be using abilities every so often.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

They should probably just replace momentum with it. No real need for it anymore.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
nYmqrc0.png

8sBm1xW.png

?????

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

i enjoyed fighting opponents over mining them

EOC is like mining them except you have to click a few more buttons to do it

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Legacy is live on the beta servers.

AND THE PUBLIC CHAT FILTER WORKS THERE. WHY NOT IN THE MAIN GAME????????

JAMFLEX JOBBLEPLX WE PAY WE SAY!!!

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users