World Football Championship

Jonanananas

I just think it's sad they couldn't manage a shot on goal. Germany was playing 3 CB's and still Argentina couldn't manage a shot on target..

Well according to the match statistics 2 of their shots did count as "on target", but that's 2 of the 10 they took. Compared to the 7 of 10 from Germany it was quite obvious who should have won.

Yeah... That's debatable. I just rewatched the match and I counted 1. Regardless, I was wrong with zero, but one of the best attacking teams in the world couldn't beat 3 clunky CB's. Just sad the most of the focus going in on was on the Argintineans defence but it was the attackers that let them down. Further showing Messi is human.

Yeah... That's debatable. I just rewatched the match and I counted 1. Regardless, I was wrong with zero, but one of the best attacking teams in the world couldn't beat 3 clunky CB's. Just sad the most of the focus going in on was on the Argintineans defence but it was the attackers that let them down. Further showing Messi is human.

Yeah in all honesty i feel like Argentina didn't make enough opportunities for themselves and the ones the did make weren't executed very well. I guess same can be said for Germany. I've been looking at the goal they scored and in all honesty it was messy defense on Argentina's side. Demichelis (i think it was him) completely let Gotze go, and started running towards whoever it was that made the cross (iirc it was Schweinsteiger) after he already had 2 defenders on him. At that point he should have realized that the cross was going to happen, and he should have instead focused on his mark and try to prevent whatever could possible happen from the cross. Gotze was in the box with no defender within like 5 meters of him. That's just sloppy play in all honesty. That's probably the one mistake their defense made all night, and they got punished for it (rightfully so i guess).