Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future Update Discussions

11436 replies to this topic

Hamtaro
[ Display Name History ]

Hamtaro

Skeleton Shield

• Editorial Panel
  • 1,174 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Hamtaro
  • Clan:HamChiP3ace

Posted Image

I BET IT'S SAILING

and theirs blod!!!11111!eleven1

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.
Posted Image
"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Posted Image

I BET IT'S SAILING

and theirs blod!!!11111!eleven1

Strange I can't remember what I just read...

that hall looks cool though :)

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Is that Drakan's coffin at the end?

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude
I just hope they don't try any more gimmicky control schemes, they've really ruined the vast majority of the recent quests for me. Always sluggish and awkward as the engine wasn't build for them but given I think the last 5 quests or whatever have all had gimmicky things it wouldn't surprise me.

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

I have the strangest feeling that when the mahjarrat and vampire quests are complete there will be a huge lack lore to keep runescape interesting. The only big piece that I see that could come from the mahjarrat and vampire story lines would be something to do with the elder gods. We only know of one elder god thus far which is Jas. I could almost forsee us being involved in quests that show our current gods as being usurpers to the elder gods.

To be fair:

Jagex have confirmed ROTM isn't the "end" for the mahjratt.
It just ties up the on-going ritual story arc, and according to the 15% membership news post ties up Lucien's plot.

We still have several big mahjratt based plots to bubble along nicely AND jagex did say somewhere ROTM will actually start off 1 or 2 new mahjratt stories (eg sliske).
I mean there heaps of mahjratt stuff left to do.
Hazeel's next step, Azzandra restoring Zaros, Jhallan post-ritual, Zemergoul's next move in his quest for varrock and us nicking Arrav's heart, Enkhara and Anthankos on-going feud, General Khazard being stuck in the shadow plain and hating us, Bilrach's dealings under daemonheim.

They didn't say RotM would give way to new Mahjarrat storylines. If I remember correctly, Paul's devblog said that the quest will give rise to several interesting overarching storylines only touched on previously. One of these is undoubtedly going to be the Dragonkin.

Also, I don't really see much point in having individual Mahjarrat related quests post RotM and I expect to see most of the loose ends you mentioned tied up in the quest itself. Afterall, what's the point in having a quest with Zemouregal just attacking Varrock again only with added power.

The only Mahjarrat I hope to see with his own questline post RotM is Sliske, mainly because he has close ties to the Barrows brothers and Nex which would be interesting to see more of.

Also, if ANY of the the signature heroes are in this quest, I'll go find the dev that ruined arguably one of the best and only good storylines left in the game and put his head through the computer screen. (lolemptythreat)

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin

I just hope they don't try any more gimmicky control schemes, they've really ruined the vast majority of the recent quests for me. Always sluggish and awkward as the engine wasn't build for them but given I think the last 5 quests or whatever have all had gimmicky things it wouldn't surprise me.

This. An epic bossfight wouldn't go amiss either, that pest queen manouver was so anticlimactic.

The only good use for signature heroes is cannon fodder. Time to show that raptor fellow that half a noob and their dog can one-hit him.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games

This. An epic bossfight wouldn't go amiss either, that pest queen manouver was so anticlimactic.

The only good use for signature heroes is cannon fodder. Time to show that raptor fellow that half a noob and their dog can one-hit him.

Raptor is the only interesting sig hero there is. Owen or whatever his name is is the most generic "hero" ever, black ranger guy is the quirky carefree herp derp, mage girl is GURRRRRL POWER and the others I don't even remember. What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"
Posted Image303/324

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Raptor is the only interesting sig hero there is. Owen or whatever his name is is the most generic "hero" ever, black ranger guy is the quirky carefree herp derp, mage girl is GURRRRRL POWER and the others I don't even remember. What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

"liked"

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Flareboy64
[ Display Name History ]

Flareboy64

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:OMG CHURRO

Why aren't you writing the quest story lines?

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games

Why aren't you writing the quest story lines?

I've been assigned to the bot busting team. I sit and drink tea for 8 hours a day
Posted Image303/324

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

One of the best posts I've read in a long time.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I have the strangest feeling that when the mahjarrat and vampire quests are complete there will be a huge lack lore to keep runescape interesting. The only big piece that I see that could come from the mahjarrat and vampire story lines would be something to do with the elder gods. We only know of one elder god thus far which is Jas. I could almost forsee us being involved in quests that show our current gods as being usurpers to the elder gods.

To be fair:

Jagex have confirmed ROTM isn't the "end" for the mahjratt.
It just ties up the on-going ritual story arc, and according to the 15% membership news post ties up Lucien's plot.

We still have several big mahjratt based plots to bubble along nicely AND jagex did say somewhere ROTM will actually start off 1 or 2 new mahjratt stories (eg sliske).
I mean there heaps of mahjratt stuff left to do.
Hazeel's next step, Azzandra restoring Zaros, Jhallan post-ritual, Zemergoul's next move in his quest for varrock and us nicking Arrav's heart, Enkhara and Anthankos on-going feud, General Khazard being stuck in the shadow plain and hating us, Bilrach's dealings under daemonheim.

They didn't say RotM would give way to new Mahjarrat storylines. If I remember correctly, Paul's devblog said that the quest will give rise to several interesting overarching storylines only touched on previously. One of these is undoubtedly going to be the Dragonkin.

Also, I don't really see much point in having individual Mahjarrat related quests post RotM and I expect to see most of the loose ends you mentioned tied up in the quest itself. Afterall, what's the point in having a quest with Zemouregal just attacking Varrock again only with added power.

The only Mahjarrat I hope to see with his own questline post RotM is Sliske, mainly because he has close ties to the Barrows brothers and Nex which would be interesting to see more of.

Also, if ANY of the the signature heroes are in this quest, I'll go find the dev that ruined arguably one of the best and only good storylines left in the game and put his head through the computer screen. (lolemptythreat)

They said it'd start 2 or 2 new stories, finish 1 or 2 (aside from the ritual) but touch on most of the stories as obviously all the characters will be there.
Also there's plenty of story left in the mahjaratt post-rotm; afterall they mostly have many nefarious plans to play out and the ritual is just a distraction from the norm. Plus Zemergoul obv won't attack varrock again since an Arrav descendant is there, doesn't mean he won't come after us though. We did save Arrav from him afterall. If you actually think back over the mahjaratt quests many of them story-wise have very little to do with the ritual itself, aside from the obligatory deciding to head north. To me i view the rotm as the story of the mahjaratt, but all the other stories around it that continue are stories about specific people and their doings, who just happen to be a mahjaratt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Begbie
[ Display Name History ]

Begbie

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • RSN:Begbie
what if the 6 characters from Temple Trekking helped you in the quest? they have a vested interest in that region and by the time you get them all to 99 you could have formed some sort of emotional attachment to them meaning you might actually care if they get killed...

needless to say, if you've never done Temple Trekking they will all be level 1 and get owned instantly, whereas the quest would be much easier if you'd taken the time to help them all train to level 99...

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:K112
Posted Image

Harnessing the power of the darkmeyer tree using a connect four machine? It's like a really bad and elaborate episode of batman.
Posted Image

Locke_Superbus
[ Display Name History ]

Locke_Superbus

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 189 posts
I dont understand, how are we going to drop THAT on Drakans head?

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Harnessing the power of the darkmeyer tree using a connect four machine? It's like a really bad and elaborate episode of batman.

I chuckled. Then I got really angry.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Neohero1972
[ Display Name History ]

Neohero1972

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:Neohero1972

what if the 6 characters from Temple Trekking helped you in the quest? they have a vested interest in that region and by the time you get them all to 99 you could have formed some sort of emotional attachment to them meaning you might actually care if they get killed...

needless to say, if you've never done Temple Trekking they will all be level 1 and get owned instantly, whereas the quest would be much easier if you'd taken the time to help them all train to level 99...

Hi

I have actually also thought of this too - as you say the characters have an interest in the region and one does tend to get abit emotionally atteched to the characters while trying to level them up.

However, I see the problem for players who don't play Temple Trekking as they, as you have said, will have a party of level one characters.

If Jagex made a quest like this then they would be spammed by players whinning about the unfairness in that they have to play a mini-game (which they don't want to) in order to be able to solve the quest easy.

But none the less I think it is a good idea.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Hi

I have actually also thought of this too - as you say the characters have an interest in the region and one does tend to get abit emotionally atteched to the characters while trying to level them up.

However, I see the problem for players who don't play Temple Trekking as they, as you have said, will have a party of level one characters.

If Jagex made a quest like this then they would be spammed by players whinning about the unfairness in that they have to play a mini-game (which they don't want to) in order to be able to solve the quest easy.

Also no way that smiddi, jayene and dean would be used. The lore behind them is that they are escaping burgh de rott with your help.

Pazuzu, Zachory and Rolayne on the other hand may be as they are going down there to help the fight.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

RoswellCrash
[ Display Name History ]

RoswellCrash

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

they would be spammed by players whinning about the unfairness

They'll receive that no matter what.

Neohero1972
[ Display Name History ]

Neohero1972

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:Neohero1972

Hi

Also no way that smiddi, jayene and dean would be used. The lore behind them is that they are escaping burgh de rott with your help.

Pazuzu, Zachory and Rolayne on the other hand may be as they are going down there to help the fight.

The lore would suit this idea very well, as it prevent us from having a HUGE party to keep track on - only four will make up the party, which is, IMO, just about enough to keep things nice and neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users