Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

A mod on the rsof implied that there would be information about the upcoming armour graphical update in the next BTS.

[qfc]16-17-931-63557331[/qfc] pages 10-11

2480+ total

27-Feb-2012 12:16:04

Aye' date=' it's game content.

That's all I'm saying. [/quote']

also seams they are aiming for it to come out tomorrow [qfc]16-17-353-63594492[/qfc]

I'm hoping for 10 year cape, but its prob something more important :S

anyways a nice surprise update for this month :)

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

27-Feb-2012 12:16:04

Aye' date=' it's game content.

That's all I'm saying. [/quote']

also seams they are aiming for it to come out tomorrow [qfc]16-17-353-63594492[/qfc]

I'm hoping for 10 year cape, but its prob something more important :S

anyways a nice surprise update for this month :)

Given the teaser images it's a pretty safe bet it's not the cape; though that must be due soon.

27th feb 2002 was when members launched and is thus the earliest recorded account date data (they have told us somewhere that prior to members they did not log creation dates)

So it is today that the very first accounts could get the 10 year cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's a new skill.

You can thank me later. :thumbsup:

Gambling skill? :lol: That would be interesting.

Imo, what else is there to add skill-wise? Can't think of much else, but hey, who expected Dungeoneering?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

It's a new skill.

Imo, what else is there to add skill-wise? Can't think of much else, but hey, who expected Dungeoneering?

Aside from the amazingly detailed ideas that have been around for years for archaeology & engineering there's always bound to be something they can come up with.

I mean there's all sorts left that could form a skill:

Shape-shifting.

Animal Husbandry.

Leadership (especially with the recent NPC friends with decent AI in quests)

3 potential avenues off the top of my head that could fairly easily form new skills.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's a new skill.

Aside from the amazingly detailed ideas that have been around for years for archaeology & engineering there's always bound to be something they can come up with.

I mean there's all sorts left that could form a skill:

Shape-shifting.

Animal Husbandry.

Leadership (especially with the recent NPC friends with decent AI in quests)

3 potential avenues off the top of my head that could fairly easily form new skills.

I highly doubt any of those, aside from archaeology, which does have a fair amount of potential, but would just lead to new armour/ weapons. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

:blink: Okay. consider my question answered :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Just because you doubt them doesn't mean they don't have potential to be skills, you yourself just said who expected dungeoneering. Which in itself shows there is plenty to be done for skills in surprising ways that deviate from the traditional skill forms we are used too.

Besides what makes them so unlikely?

Archaeology already features in game and has an obvious skill set attached that can easily be expanded.

Engineering is the same, Dwarf Engineer's already exist and we are learning more about their machines (and gnome machines)

Shape-Shifting again already some of that in-game and would tie in nicely with summoning and magic as another 'mystical' skill.

Animal Husbandry fits in nicely alongside hunter and farming and easily has many applications (eg the long desired mounts)

etc.

Granted most of them could be made into parts of an existing skill, but then Dungeoneering could've been a mini-game. Plus all of them of the list kinda of have potential applications than a skill like Slayer, don;t get me wrong its a nice skill; but when you think about it all Slayer is is an NPC telling you to train combat via random assigned tasks and a few monsters unlocked by attaining specific levels in terms of stand alone function neither of these really *need* a skill to work. You could of just had combat advisors and assorted caves/locations that need magic/str/att/def/ranged levels to get in to.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Archaeology already features in game and has an obvious skill set attached that can easily be expanded.

Engineering is the same, Dwarf Engineer's already exist and we are learning more about their machines (and gnome machines)

Shape-Shifting again already some of that in-game and would tie in nicely with summoning and magic as another 'mystical' skill.

Animal Husbandry fits in nicely alongside hunter and farming and easily has many applications (eg the long desired mounts)

etc.

You're completely right but considering the past couple of skills they released, which are strong and independant, I think they're looking to avoid the next Firemaking-woodcutting-fletching debacles. (Aka, multiple skills that are released for the sake of it but offer poor content) Things like Animal Husbandry is already covered by summoning, engineering already covered by construction really, archaeology covered by mining and many minigames, etc.

You're completely right though that unique skills are possible though. And I can't wait for it XD

hzvjpwS.gif

28-Feb-2012 15:18:38

Hey all,

There will be a Runescape game update in approximately one hour's time.

Mod Easty

Guess we'll find out soon enough <_<

Brb cycling home from school ASAP. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Something seems strange about this update...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Well now we know...it's exactly the same thing as one could expect from the teaser updates...just no one was sure because it seemed to be such a strange thing to implement. Don't really get why they did this update tbh.

Like most implementations of this type, they just want people to log in every day, because habits reinforce strong behavior scripts.

Most sites use a consecutive reward system that adds to the rewards each day for frequent visiting, but I think the prizes here are good enough to warrant continuing to come back anyway.

8f14270694.jpg