Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future Update Discussions

• Please log in to reply
11432 replies to this topic

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
But it has a damage boosting effect like void, right?

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts
Unless it is going to be reasonably good outside Tzhaar city, I'd prefer them to keep as it was pre-EoC, as good as Nex in the caves, useless outside it. Because if it's merely level 60, that's merely a technicality, no one will use it for anything anyways.

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy

But it has a damage boosting effect like void, right?

Accuracy boost and only against tzhaar creatures

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
Being typeless is useful sometimes, but not at lv60..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Brink of extinction fixes coming up:

http://services.rune...howuser=Mod Stu

That's interesting enough, but it doesn't really seem to change much as far as the utility of Obsidian armor. I am however intrigued that there is apparently a way of reading that final bookcase. His hints weren't particularly helpful though...

I kept wondering, has anyone tried reading it with solely tzhaar clothing on?
So full obsidian, obsidian cape + a weapon? Perhaps if a fury would count as one as well, wear that too =d?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Well if I understood that correctly, they're keeping it statted as tier 60 armor but giving it a special damage reduction to make it as good as Nex gear but only in the TzHaar area. Maybe its being type-all will make it worth using outside even with tier 60 stats though.

but it's level 80 right now, so, do you mean they're reducing it to 60?

8f14270694.jpg

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
It's stats are tiered at lv60 despite being lvl80 requirement.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

That's interesting enough, but it doesn't really seem to change much as far as the utility of Obsidian armor. I am however intrigued that there is apparently a way of reading that final bookcase. His hints weren't particularly helpful though...

So full obsidian, obsidian cape + a weapon? Perhaps if a fury would count as one as well, wear that too =d?

Funny you should ask, because I did just that (although with TokHaar-Kal rather than Obsidian Cape) after reading Stu's confirmation. I even bought a Ring of Stone and tried that. Also, despite Stu's saying that the orb was not required, clicking the bookshelf will say that it might be decipherable with it. There's a thread, the QFC of which can be found in the thread that Bruno posted, detailing everything they've tried. It really is amazing that no one's found the solution in months.
EDIT incase someone's interested: 20-21-221-64207208

2dgucz6.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Funny you should ask, because I did just that (although with TokHaar-Kal rather than Obsidian Cape) after reading Stu's confirmation. I even bought a Ring of Stone and tried that. Also, despite Stu's saying that the orb was not required, clicking the bookshelf will say that it might be decipherable with it. There's a thread, the QFC of which can be found in the thread that Bruno posted, detailing everything they've tried. It really is amazing that no one's found the solution in months.
EDIT incase someone's interested: 20-21-221-64207208

Gugghhhh... now this is going to be stuck in my head until a solution is found :mad:

Tried some things (Obsidian shards, bar, tokkul, tokkul-zo, commorb v2, Tzhaar tourist guide, Journal of Perjour), nothing worked. Also none of the dialogue options with any of the TzHaar change with ring of charos, visibility, or cramulet.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
Anyone tried a Jad pet? (can't recall if familiars were allowed...they were not in boss iirc).

Edit: Nevermind, found thread stating it had been tried. I'm curious too now =S gonna bother me all night.

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The video has some more dates like html5 beta in april etc...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIeCB35xGc

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
I'm quite excited for the new gm quest and html5 rs.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy

Same. Hoping html5 is another RS->RSHD type change.

Asmodean <3

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Same. Hoping html5 is another RS->RSHD type change.

I also hope it puts a less drain on our computers. I have no idea if that actually is possible o.O

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Html5 should put less drain on computers as it ought to be less cpu intensive, particularly good for laptops, older systems and macs where java can be big drain.

Should also allow for general upscaling of graphics eg the basic level should be nearer to current max level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Archangelx
[ Display Name History ]

Archangelx

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:ArchangeLx
Not to mention it should hopefully allow RuneScape on mobile platforms! Well, iPhone's specifically since Android can run Java/Flash anyway.

Posted Image

Alphanos
[ Display Name History ]

Alphanos

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 330 posts

I also hope it puts a less drain on our computers. I have no idea if that actually is possible o.O

Html5 should put less drain on computers as it ought to be less cpu intensive, particularly good for laptops, older systems and macs where java can be big drain.

Should also allow for general upscaling of graphics eg the basic level should be nearer to current max level.

That isn't what HTML5 means. Unfortunately it doesn't mean "some new faster technology". The only clear benefit to HTML5, in and of itself, is that it should allow Runescape to run on tablets and smartphones.

The main CPU drain issue with Runescape now doesn't have much to do with Java. It's due to Jagex's efforts to counter bots. Basically they decided that the best way to make it hard to write bots was to screw around with Runescape's guts so that it would be too confusing to figure anything out. This had the side effect of making it hard even for Runescape to figure itself out.

If they change their anti-bot tech at the same time as the switch to HTML5, then speed could go up. But if you're interested in speed, the main thing to watch for is new anti-bot updates, not HTML5.
Alphanos
Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Html5 should ease cpu demands simply due to not requiring the external java to runa as well, plus the fact that html5 is a more modern streamlined code means it can handle certain functions better than java can which again allows for optimisation in the back-end that translate to great performance for the user.

I mean yes java not running in a high end system will be almost un-noticeable but for lower end systems it will have a performance impact, but that aside you are taking the very narrow view of the exact same thing running in html 5 vs java which is of course practically identical. When talking of the html5 engine we known Jagex have remade the entire thing utilising new options given by html5 vs java to optimise things, not to mention the natural process of rewriting allows them to optimise older code from years of build up. So whilst html5 in of itself does not mean better performance for RS the engine being rebuilt and optimised into html5 does mean we should see improvements to performance.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
Using HTML5 means they're going to use JavaScript, which means that it'll run slower. Java, when JIT kicks in, is more efficient than JavaScript--this stems from the fact that JavaScript is a dynamically typed language, while Java is a statically-typed one. Lua, a scripting language I have familiarity with, is still slower than languages like C++ and perhaps Java because it is also dynamically typed, even when using a JIT compiler (in fact, LuaJIT is one of if not the fastest dynamic JIT compilers in existence). I do not see any benefits from the switch to HTML5, especially considering the fact that you probably can't run it on Internet Explorer (keep in mind IE10 has a better Javascript engine than both Chrome and Firefox, especially when it comes to mathematical computations, from experience).

ozXHe7P.png

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Using HTML5 means they're going to use JavaScript, which means that it'll run slower. Java, when JIT kicks in, is more efficient than JavaScript--this stems from the fact that JavaScript is a dynamically typed language, while Java is a statically-typed one. Lua, a scripting language I have familiarity with, is still slower than languages like C++ and perhaps Java because it is also dynamically typed, even when using a JIT compiler (in fact, LuaJIT is one of if not the fastest dynamic JIT compilers in existence). I do not see any benefits from the switch to HTML5, especially considering the fact that you probably can't run it on Internet Explorer (keep in mind IE10 has a better Javascript engine than both Chrome and Firefox, especially when it comes to mathematical computations, from experience).

Yeah, I really don't understand this change. WebGL doesn't really offer any benefits over what Java can do. If they really want to move to another platform, they should use C++.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users