Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

*flips table I don't sit at*

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Seriously thats the frigging solution!?!?!

How on earth is that meant to of been easy to get - the mere fact you HAVE to get it all right to even know it's part right makes it insane let alone the fact it requires ring of stone and an insane amount of shards plus the ring to be empty & the shards to match frigging runedate.

I'll wait til someone posts the bookcase info and enjoy tht way.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=dGYRP*r-3mw/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,590,64977956,goto,1

Sorry for not posting it. On my phone but this has the content.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I kinda fell a bit 'meh' at the bookcase content.

I mean sure a few bits are cool Jas and Ful and their 'powers'

But most of that you coulda guessed, we already knew many of the artefacts were not on Gielinor to begin with (the crown and the sword) so we knew they must've been left behind.

We knew some of the artefacts were kind a bit pants (hence left behind) - The sword doesn't do a whole lot (to our knowledge) and nor does the crown, arma staff seems to be rather weak too.

Could've guessed the Kiln got moved since it is one of the artefacts and we know the Elder gods took them around to make new worlds.

Anyway going by this picture and new descriptions:

Elder_Gods.png

I guess the left is Jas since it's like a mountain and therefore Earth

Middle gotta be Ful since fire

Which leaves miss nature spirit thingy who still looks remarkable like the Dramen tree sprit so I reckon it's gonna be Dramen.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That's a crazy puzzle, but also great lore :D. Thanks Bruno :). It may be that the third is Change and as such representative of Life.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I kinda fell a bit 'meh' at the bookcase content.

I mean sure a few bits are cool Jas and Ful and their 'powers'

But most of that you coulda guessed, we already knew many of the artefacts were not on Gielinor to begin with (the crown and the sword) so we knew they must've been left behind.

We knew some of the artefacts were kind a bit pants (hence left behind) - The sword doesn't do a whole lot (to our knowledge) and nor does the crown, arma staff seems to be rather weak too.

Could've guessed the Kiln got moved since it is one of the artefacts and we know the Elder gods took them around to make new worlds.

Anyway going by this picture and new descriptions:

Elder_Gods.png

I guess the left is Jas since it's like a mountain and therefore Earth

Middle gotta be Ful since fire

Which leaves miss nature spirit thingy who still looks remarkable like the Dramen tree sprit so I reckon it's gonna be Dramen.

Considering Ful is the name of one of the other Elder Gods, I fully expect the third to have a three letter name too.

Sylpheed.png

All of the gods had an artifact, that's how they're powerful.

Guthix had his sword

Armadyl and Zamorak had the staff

Saradomin had his crown and the stone

Zaros had the frostenhorn, but that only amplifies power so he must have had something else

Bandos, Tumeken, and Seren had ???

All of the gods had an artifact, that's how they're powerful.

Guthix had his sword

Armadyl and Zamorak had the staff

Saradomin had his crown and the stone

Zaros had the frostenhorn, but that only amplifies power so he must have had something else

Bandos, Tumeken, and Seren had ???

False assumption is false.

Gods become gods via the blood of a god OR long term exposure to an elder artefact.

Having an elder artefact will amplify/modify their power in some way, just as it does for us.

Nothing about them requires them to have an artefact to be powerful.

Zamorak, to our knowledge, did not have the staff long term at all. Zaros got stabbed with it then Zamorak went away and the lore of Temple of Ikov etc would suggest Armadyl reclaimed the staff whilst Zamorak was away becoming a god.

Zaros did not necessarily have the Frostenhorn - there has been a long time between his death and the present for it to of wound up in his old fortress; plus we do not even know it is an elder artefact - we only know one is a horn.

Much of the god lore would imply many did not have artefacts Guthix was so powerful precisely because he had the sword and stone (and presumably the staff and horn too since he got here first) for a long time, this would suggest Zaros (Guthix only equal pre-stabby thing) perhaps had some long term, but it would also suggest most of the other gods had none or at least had none with enough power to really super charge them.

In the whole lore there are only 3 gods we 100% know had artefacts for some time (Guthix, Saradomin and Armadyl) on the basis of them being named after them or other sources. We only know of 6 gods to have had at least brief contact with them for sure (Guthix, Saradomin, Armadyl, Zaros, Zamorak and Skargaroth). This from a set of at least 13 or 14 confirmed gods (Saradomin, Zamorak, Guthix, Bandos, Armadyl, Zaros, Seren, Tumeken, Marimbo, Tuska, Skargaroth, Un-named Fremmy God, Un-named Karamjan God and Brassica Prime).

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They are powerful because they are a god. The lore works that they either become powerful due to long term exposure to the artefacts (essentially it seems to be the absorb some of its power) or they essentially steal the power from the blood of another god. Obtaining the status of godhood is what makes them so powerful, the artefacts just effect them they same as they do us, such as the Stone of Jas supercharging the user or the Crown locating other artefacts.

The proof of not needing to actively have the artefacts to be powerful lies in the fact that Guthix did not actually have any of the artefacts to hand (at least not functional) towards the end of his lifespan; yet he was still able to hold up the edicts shield thingy against all the others. Plus we actively know not all the artefacts are about pure power. The Stone of Jas is sure, but nothing about Saradomin's Crown, Staff of Armadyl, Skargaroth's Sword or the Elder Kiln actually mentions any sort of pure power given by it. The Crown just finds other artefacts, the sword can cut portals between worlds, the kiln makes the Tokhaar to build worlds and the staff does something we dunno despite the fact we (possibly) touched it in Temple of Ikov, as has Zamorak, Lucien and Sliske; the only suggestion we do have is it might act as a power transfer device - though in the context of the Elder Gods this doesn't seem all that likely and in the Zaros stabbing can be easily bypassed with the blood thing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You aren't understanding me. Why are Tumeken, Bandos, and Seren gods when they have no (known) connection to elder artifacts or haven't killed another god. Bandos was probably a general that ascended in a way similar to Zamorak, but I'm unsure about the rest.

when we saw lucien using the staff, he was summoning ice elementals, and the armadyl bstaff amplifies air abilities, so I'd have to assume the staff is a pure manifestation of the weather or something

as stated, all of the artifacts are in some way linked to the creation of worlds

8f14270694.jpg

We know that they all have 100% definitely killed another god OR spent a long time with an elder artefact.

That is how one becomes a god.

Bandos as a war mercenary type coulda easily killed a god, Seren I'd suspect perhaps was not a 'true' god when first hitting Gielinor but the whole Guthix romance would've given her time around his artefacts or perhaps something to do with the crystals has a source in artefacts. Tumeken I got no idea but he either killed a god or had an artefact for ages, I could imagine him killing he doesn't seem like an especially nice god. His two direct children are like gods of death and his dream aspects Het had a warrior training ground and Scarbas is deffo violent/evil ideas.

Whilst we don't currently know for certain how they became gods we know they did, so we know in their backstory they killed a god or had an artefact. Plus we do know all 12 are going to end up on Gielinor, so that does leave 6 mystery artefacts that assorted gods presumably have or had and dropped before they left. I could imagine something like the Kharid-Ib transpiring to be one and it'd make sense for Tumeken to of had it.

I could buy into Armadyl staff as a weather thing, it deffo has links to air runes from what we've seen, like coulda been used for creating the climates. Presumably it has to have a really good perfect world use, they left the cruddy tools behind on other worlds so we know the Stone, Horn, Staff and Kiln found on Gielinor had to be the awesome ones they decided to bring along. Whilst we know the Crown and Sword got left behind wherever Saradomin and Skargaroth found em. I really wanna know what the other 6 are.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This will probably sound stupid, but is there a single resource which details everything we know (and possibly everything that is assumed) so far? I'm kinda interested in the lore of the game but most quests I did years ago and I can't remember what happened in them. Even then, I didn't really pay that much attention to the story. When I did TWW I was constantly looking up the wikia articles on each person in the story to refresh my memory and it kind of ruined the quest to be honest.

I'm reading all of this stuff about Ga'al and I have no idea what you're on about. In fairness, I haven't done the TzHaar quests. Are they worth doing at all?

• Like 1

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

This will probably sound stupid, but is there a single resource which details everything we know (and possibly everything that is assumed) so far? I'm kinda interested in the lore of the game but most quests I did years ago and I can't remember what happened in them. Even then, I didn't really pay that much attention to the story. When I did TWW I was constantly looking up the wikia articles on each person in the story to refresh my memory and it kind of ruined the quest to be honest.

I'm reading all of this stuff about Ga'al and I have no idea what you're on about. In fairness, I haven't done the TzHaar quests. Are they worth doing at all?

Well it's kind of funny you mentioned that. In one of the recent interviews some of the jmods mentioned that they do in fact have a lore compendium where they refer to. It's a lot of short stories and such I think. They stated that try we're contemplating releasing most of it on a wiki article for others to use for reference.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That sounds cool.

With the game's spotlight changing its focus to lore and the gods I'm sure a lot of players will be looking to dig into the game's lore where they wouldn't have prior. That's the case for me, anyway.

• Like 2

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Went to go read it myself before coming here for spoilers :P

Most interesting to me is the part where TokHaar-Hok mentions that the elder gods lay down on their perfect world, and that they still lie above the kiln (on this perfect world). Wonder if the events of the Sixth Age will lead to their awakening, just as the God Wars in the Third Age woke Guthix.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Most interesting to me is the part where TokHaar-Hok mentions that the elder gods lay down on their perfect world, and that they still lie above the kiln (on this perfect world). Wonder if the events of the Sixth Age will lead to their awakening, just as the God Wars in the Third Age woke Guthix.

I could see the climax of the god series coming to this. Maybe Jas will end up being the white wolf mountain (would slightly justify the living rock creatures. Where Ful might be I'm not entirely sure. I would like to think that these elemental beings as being quite huge. Conversing with them might only explicitly be done through a conduit such as tokhaar-hok.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I could see the climax of the god series coming to this. Maybe Jas will end up being the white wolf mountain (would slightly justify the living rock creatures. Where Ful might be I'm not entirely sure. I would like to think that these elemental beings as being quite huge. Conversing with them might only explicitly be done through a conduit such as tokhaar-hok.

Jas would be Ice Mountain if it were used to explain the Living Rock Creatures.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Jas must rest deep in the sand, south of Menaphos, as he seems to have an affinity for sand. Ful must rest underneath the volcano in the northwest wilderness, as his affinity is with that of lava and fire. The third elder god must rest beneath the elven woods, as his affinity must be trees and plants. All three of these locations are roughly equidistant to Lumbridge caves, where the stone of Jas was found.

• Like 1

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Relationship to Lumbridge Swamp for their resting places has no purpose.

Guthix put the stone there looooooonnnnnnng after the Elder gods, he put it there after the Godwars and sealed it away with all his Guthixian puzzles and what not. In the Interim it had been at the Fist of Guthix, wherever Zamorak was using it from during the Godwars, wherver Saradomin used it from during the god wars, whereever the moonclan found it to invent magic and whereever guthix found it (on a hilltop) and carted it around with him.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Jas would be Ice Mountain if it were used to explain the Living Rock Creatures.

Yeah I meant ice mountain. I don't know why I said white wolf... Any ways I'm willing to bet due to the unknown nature elemental god lying down to sleep that she might be the anima mundi.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png