Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Ooh additional weapons inbetween tiers: there is hope for pvp!

Portable GE please :P, interesting that they find Saradomin only 2,5 O.o

I don't find it that surprising. He was a tier 3 god, he got a bit of a boost from the crater at BoL but he's nowhere near the power levels Guthix, Zaros (pre-death) and apparently Seren (pre-shattering) had so he can't be tier 2 outright.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thought this was interesting:

TomExMachina said:

New hint: "Edgar's bird rests on Laputa's origin, while the baton of wind provides inspiration."

So to me, it sounds like something to do with Armadyl resting on a citadel in the sky (Laputa) while getting inspiration from the Wind Waker? So yeah. I don't know. Might have the "baton" part wrong - could be "pattern".

Edgar's bird is a crow which is turn references Mod Crow. We know Mod Crow is working on this quest and so his work interests must obviously be placed somewhere similar to Laputa.

Laputa is actually a place in the book Gulliver's Travels. Laputa is also a floating island much like the clan citadels. So with that we should expect to visit a grand citadel which houses Armadyl and a small sect of aviase culture and society.

The Baton of Wind is an obvious reference to the Staff of Armadyl because a baton is a staff and wind is often used as reference to flying creatures.

The inspiration part is pretty vague, but my guess would be the driving factor for the quests story. Armadyl has lost his staff and a large part of his avianse to the god wars. We know this quest will deal with Armadyls feelings of desolation after the supposed annihilation of his aviase. An uprising of positive emotion must come to help turn this around. Finding his inspiration might come from revisiting his homeworld and discovering there remains pieces of his flock left in the god wars dungeon.

Yea, that sounds basically right except its Mod Raven and not his brother Mod Crow. Crow is in Community Management.

Chaos Elemental hint 10

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Elemental_Note_10

Confirmed Armadyl feature in rite of passage at least.

I can't drum up any exact quote but having listened to the podcasts etc everything I heard inferred Rite of Passage was the World Gate quest. I can't even find a citation for the world gate quest being any specific mod's project.

I could be mistaken and they aren't one in the same, but I just assumed they were and the idea of a right of passage does fit with a portal like the world gate. As do the world gate quests themes of desolation and isolation fit with Armadyl. Plus they hinted the World Gate when journeyed through would likely point to it's last destination, which would easily send us to the desolate aviansie home world for some isolation if Armadyl did use it and offer a means to bring him back to Gielinor as we can be like oh no there's aviansies bro.

Either way world gate or no I think the hints fit Rite of Passage and possibly reaching Armadyl's original fortress and reconnecting with him.

I don't think they're the same since they had a specific podcast with Rowley about the World Gate quest and that seemed to hint at it being at least somewhat Zaros related. This week's podcast is talking to Raven about Rite of Passage which should be Armadyl related and Osborne hinted a few months back that it may involve his origins (although that may have changed since then). I mean I could be wrong but I think the last hint we had as to who had the World Gate was from the Book of Seren

"Whatever my goddess's intentions, they were set aside when a great emptiness fell upon this world. It spread like a blight across the land - led by one who cared not to live in harmony with the world as we did, but sought to control all and bend it to its will. We even lost the World Gate to its insatiable hunger, and could travel no more to our crystal world of old."

That implies that Zaros took it. In the podcast I think they mentioned to look at who was last known to have it.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The first monthly BTS video is out:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/bts-video-73--the-month-ahead

We are getting Missing, Presumed Death this week.

Also... Wrath of the Lich King meets runescape. Oh My. God. Its amazing! I would spend $20 on it myself.

GFe2xiA.png

There is also a gothic outfit that almost reminds me of the robes of subjugation, but slightly more darker.

Also don't forget a new lore podcast with this as next clue:

"A anagram or email will wait for you while you play with death pm her name for hidden treat"

I think we might need to add Remolia to our friends list and PM her after/during MPD.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Thought the next week video was missing presumed death? I would assume they would give the BTS before it so we won't get an update next week or it will be trees..?

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Thought the next week video was missing presumed death? I would assume they would give the BTS before it so we won't get an update next week or it will be trees..?

Yes we are getting MPD next week. This is the new monthly BTS they wanted to start doing to help give more details on the months content.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Looks like another no update week, then? Unless there's another BTS video coming out today.

Unless we get the trees since there's not exactly a lot you can say about them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Looks like another no update week, then? Unless there's another BTS video coming out today.

Well they did touch on it... I don't know.

All I care for now is that skelly outfit.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Unless we get the trees since there's not exactly a lot you can say about them.

I could see them doing the trees or the sirenic without an actual BTS video, there really doesn't seem to be much to them to do a full video on. They could also lower the prices for the loyalty solomon's stuff, not sure its really an update though. Most likely it'll just be a no update week.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

God, I love Missing Presumed Death already, just look at it: the Zarosian Faction facing the Zamorakian Faction (including Kril in the far right), while Sliskian Wights stand in front of a grand gate in an awesome looking city/fortress, while Icthlarin marches towards them. :D

4xtLt6t.png

God, I love Missing Presumed Death already, just look at it: the Zarosian Faction facing the Zamorakian Faction (including Kril in the far right), while Sliskian Wights stand in front of a grand gate in an awesome looking city/fortress, while Icthlarin marches towards them. :D

4xtLt6t.png

I'm not so sure, they almost look temporarily allied, most seem to be facing the barrows brothers.

I'm not entirely sure that is K'ril at the far right, hard to tell due to shadows.

Also I'd kinda guess, given the context of this I'd assume it is Frenskae how Icthalrin got the Mahajaratt, would make sense to be shown in this quest.

Plus if you look at them they aren't really neatly divided Zaros:Zammy which fits pre-gielinor times and not all of them are immediately recognisable.

Far left appears to be Enkhara, beside her is a bit unclear looks borderline Anthankos but also gives me Zammy vibes.

Just by Icthalrin's head appears to be Kharshai then to the right we have another female seemingly, unless Hazeel got skinny, which sticks out as Enkhara is the only surviving female Mahajaratt.

Then the next bulky dude could easily be Lucien or Zemergoul or Khazard or Bilrach whilst the guy to the far right armour wise looks very Khazard-ish, though he was born on Gielino iirc.

The wights don't quite look like the barrows brothers, but they certainly seem to be Sliske's in styling and definitely more human than the mahajratt.

Styling wise the buildings intrigue me they don't seem to overly match anything we've seen before, though many of the fortresses looks do seem similar to Ghorrock and Zemergouls hideout though the segmented columns are very dominion tower.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm not entirely sure that is K'ril at the far right, hard to tell due to shadows.

Also I'd kinda guess, given the context of this I'd assume it is Frenskae how Icthalrin got the Mahajaratt, would make sense to be shown in this quest.

Plus if you look at them they aren't really neatly divided Zaros:Zammy which fits pre-gielinor times and not all of them are immediately recognisable.

Far left appears to be Enkhara, beside her is a bit unclear looks borderline Anthankos but also gives me Zammy vibes.

Just by Icthalrin's head appears to be Kharshai then to the right we have another female seemingly, unless Hazeel got skinny, which sticks out as Enkhara is the only surviving female Mahajaratt.

Then the next bulky dude could easily be Lucien or Zemergoul or Khazard or Bilrach whilst the guy to the far right armour wise looks very Khazard-ish

The wights don't quite look like the barrows brothers, but they certainly seem to be Sliske's in styling and definitely more human than the mahajratt.

Styling wise the buildings intrigue me they don't seem to overly match anything we've seen before, though many of the fortresses looks do seem similar to Ghorrock and Zemergouls hideout though the segmented columns are very dominion tower.

What about his Cleaver? (AKa weapon)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

There's certainly similarities, I'm just not sure its all that definite its K'ril especially if it does pan out to be pre-gielinor.

I mean we have seen other demons with swords about and if it is in Frenskae it could be literally anything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

4xtLt6t.png

The wights are definitely the Barrows brothers, you can see (from left to right) Ahrim, Dharok, Guthan, Karil, Torag and Verac. There's a seventh to the far left, but I can't tell whether that's Akrisae or not. Since it's a sixth-age quest, it probably is. Edit: Looking at the picture three posts down, Ahrim is to the far left, with Akrisae to his right.

Enahkra is the one in bright red to the right of the wights, along with Zemouregal, Khazard and K'ril.

To the left is Akthanakos, in orange, and Azzanandra. The figure half-hidden behind Icthlarin is probably Wahisietel[1].

Any chance we're getting to see an Eastern Lands city? Seems like a place Sliske could enjoy hiding in.

1. Compare to the pictures on RSwiki for clothing matches.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thank goodness Azzanadra is in the quest. I am a huge fan of that, they didn't drop any hints until now if he would be in here or not. It's also good to see the rest of the Mahjarrat.

Also, they have been alternating (in the podcasts) about how they describe the quest, sometimes they talk about Ichthlarin/Death, and other times it's about Sliske. I was always wondering how they would weave those storylines together (I know of Sliske's grudge against Ichthlarin). Still, I was very curious. At moments it seemed like this story would just be about Death/Ichthlarin, with no mention of Sliske, and other times it looked as if it would only involve Sliske. So that's great.