Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Hopefully this event won't be as spread around as many different small things as it seems like from the video. I prefer those events were there is a clear story and focus. It tends to at least get me more excited. This more becomes like ten different minigames that is supposed to somehow stick together.

There's 3 games all contained within the crater each with a good and an evil way to play. Hardly spread out enmass.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The slots I can't find Christmas items for in a quick trip to Diango are:

Shield

Cape

Ammo

Aura

Ring

Pocket

Do we have any of those that I'm just not seeing?

Cape -> Santa Sack? NVM its a weapon slot item...

Aura -> Festive Aura?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

so, what about that magic statue that we built during runefest?

It is a fountain! 

Battle_of_Lumbridge_memorial.png

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Bump...

Q&A just happened like 2h ago and I was wondering if someone has any info?

Account Help

Was it one of the in-game QAs?

Yes!

Account Help

• 2 weeks later...

• Invention vs Elf City: our biggest and most anticipated updates. Which do you want first?

What type of Easter event do you want? Traditional fun with bunnies and eggs, or a comedy 6th Age event featuring Marimbo and Brassica Prime?

Which group of creatures should receive a drop table rework first?

Which new dragon would you like to be added to game?

Decide on a themed map for the brand-new, secret minigame we're working on!

Should we change the quantity and type of game worlds?

/care bout font. Aww nothing about PVP stated exactly... Lets fix dem minigames instead of getting new ones!

OMG NEW DRAGON & DROP TABLE REWORKS!7

edit: tipit instafixes font, this forum<3

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I want Invention first.

I would like a parody World Event, that sounds like it could be pretty funny. As long as it doesn't require spending hours on it every day to unlock every reward, that is.

Drop table rework? Just rework the RDT instead :c

Adamant dragons seem like a logical addition. They could do White dragons, but then what about 3a range armour?

meh

I don't know if they should change the quantity of game worlds. If they reduced the amount of worlds, then each world would have more people in it, which would be a good thing, except concentrating the population would reduce the amount of available resources, which would cause annoyance.

• Like 1

Most of it is the usual "it's the year of the player" stuff which doesn't impress me anymore.

I did find interesting that EoC updates were left out of polls, when there are such hideous inadequacies with it, which are known to players and have been for one-and-a-half years, that would immediately become clear to Jagex. I don't know why they won't do it.

Hopefully they will rework the drop rates of Vorago (doesn't look likely given the flippancy with which [Chris L] some mods have treated such questions) so it isn't a complete grind spanning several months, and Ranging. 

The only drasons we need are..

White dragons. Bring one back to life to kill it once a day. Hard as QBD.

Addy, and rune dragons, for slayer akin to mithril dragons

dragon dragons and barrows dragons. The later of which is giant, good at parkour, teleporting and dropping bombs. Also requires a team of 70 to get into the door.

And for anyone who doesn't vote for the elf city over ANYTHING ELSE...

e69a44a5e36e194466f560a95621f3dbe8d19185

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Putting Invention and Priffdinas against each other.

Cya ME3 in 2015 at this rate -.-

I thought in a recent poll the Elf Quest qas the most popular choice amongst future updates? I think it has a decent chance. Remember, that Inventor was said to come out sometime by April or something of this year (still a few months off), it's not like even if it wins the poll they will be in a position to release it early -- more than likely that they will probably delay that.

---

Also, I know everyone is excited for Elf City, but I imagine it will be like a lot of other fairy ring places or something, some big 'spacey' looking city with quest stuff which one probably won't revisit afterwards. 

I thought in a recent poll the Elf Quest qas the most popular choice amongst future updates? I think it has a decent chance. Remember, that Inventor was said to come out sometime by April or something of this year (still a few months off), it's not like even if it wins the poll they will be in a position to release it early -- more than likely that they will probably delay that.

---

Also, I know everyone is excited for Elf City, but I imagine it will be like a lot of other fairy ring places or something, some big 'spacey' looking city with quest stuff which one probably won't revisit afterwards.

Forgotten what the poll result said, but I do hope that is the case. They did say that Inventor was supposed to come out in early 2014 (though it looks like it's going to be delayed), so we're most likely going to be seeing it this year regardless of how it does in the poll.

Regarding the Elf City, they did mention that they wanted to make it a high levelled hub for skilling and the like, so it should have continuously fair if not high player traffic.

EDIT: Looked at the video, says ETA July/August for Elf City/Inventor.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Firstly, we want to increase emphasis on high-level content. New content from last couple of years has been aimed at quite a wide spread of player levels, so we’re going to focus more specifically at higher level content and activities for veterans.

4Ph7jtt.jpg

Secondly, we need to increase the number of quests we release. This year we really upped the fidelity and depth of quests, but in doing so sacrificed quantity. So we’re going to have more of a mix: from epic quests full of innovative content and high production values, to traditional, more story-focus quests like we’ve made in years past.

Honesty tier: politician.

Thirdly, we’re going to improve the everyday gameplay experience by having our Ninja Team focus on fixing niggling issues, implementing quick-win features and listening to your suggestions for small-scale improvements. This should improve everyone's quality of life within RuneScape.

This... Might have promise.

Firstly, we want to increase emphasis on high-level content. New content from last couple of years has been aimed at quite a wide spread of player levels, so we’re going to focus more specifically at higher level content and activities for veterans.

4Ph7jtt.jpg

And by high-level content they are referring to things that less than 5% of players actually enjoy (on the latest best update of 2013 poll, Vorago was almost dead last with 4%) which is designed in such a way as to be inaccessible to most players (even the target demographic), and the only way to excel at it is to grind like a zombie. Yeah, that doesn't appeal to me either.

Someone, or perhaps several people, in Jagex HQ are clearly out of touch and need a good talking-down to immediately. 

Which New Dragon Would You Like?

Upcoming content will unlock a new dragon for you to fight. What kind of dragon would you want introduced? The dragons below will be of the same level regardless of the options you choose.

Alchemical Dragon

Uses affliction-style effects to hinder and injure the player. Drops Farming and Herblore supplies.

Celestial Dragon

Uses temporal abilities to confuse and stun the player. Drops Summoning materials.

Gemstone Dragon

Uses illusion abilities to redirect and misdirect the player's attacks. Drops gemstones and mining supplies.

Gold Dragon

Area effects and mercenary tactics. Drops large coin caches and gold and silver ore.

[qfc]352-353-5-65240424[/qfc]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I like all the dragon options, but I would like it to be in the form of LRC. What I mean is that after you kill the creature you have to harvest cache of materials for additional drops.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I like all the dragon options, but I would like it to be in the form of LRC. What I mean is that after you kill the creature you have to harvest cache of materials for additional drops.

I agree here, haha. But if i have to choose a dragon I would like it to be the celestial dragon as that sounds the most appealing.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

2014: The year Jagex handed the inmates the keys to the asylum. I can't wait to see how big the population of "I'm afraid of change" players vote no down the line on 100% of the questions ever.

For reference: OSRS polls.

ipIconH.png

2014: The year Jagex handed the inmates the keys to the asylum. I can't wait to see how big the population of "I'm afraid of change" players vote no down the line on 100% of the questions ever.

Oh, please. Most players are far more informed and up-to-date than Jagex is. It's more like Jagex just took some power away from the inmates (i.e., Jagex) and gave it to people who might do a better job.