Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I think the north-south thingy has to do with moss growing more on the southern walls of a house, thus adding realism.

Except moss grows whereever it is cool and shady. Not based on compass direction.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think the north-south thingy has to do with moss growing more on the southern walls of a house, thus adding realism.

Moss growing south side thing is a total urban myth derived from moss growing in cool shady places, plus it only even close to makes sense for northern hemisphere so its application in Gielinor is some what questionable where we have no idea about hemispheres or the sun's arc in relation to buildings. Let alone the fact it is a detail not included in any building to date so why would it apply to 1 random house.

Plus there is a distinct difference in the two wall sets, the 'north side' lot has quite ornate doors, windows, roofs and a nice fence and such. South side has much smaller basic door and windows and lacks other niceties; much more than simple one side has more moss.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Gielinor would be most similar to the northern hemisphere cuz it gets warmer as you go south

good observation

Cool, can't wait for this construction update. How do you think the "buying and selling to NPC's" will work? I'm feeling that real in-game GP (the player's own) will be used to fund this, and then you barter with the NPC's to break even or make a profit?

I'm thinking that the greater the loss for you (gp wise, if they go the route I mentioned above) the more xp. If you break even, medium amount of xp gained. If you make lots of money you earn less xp

Anyone thinking something like that?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Gielinor would be most similar to the northern hemisphere cuz it gets warmer as you go south

good observation

Cool, can't wait for this construction update. How do you think the "buying and selling to NPC's" will work? I'm feeling that real in-game GP (the player's own) will be used to fund this, and then you barter with the NPC's to break even or make a profit?

I'm thinking that the greater the loss for you (gp wise, if they go the route I mentioned above) the more xp. If you break even, medium amount of xp gained. If you make lots of money you earn less xp

Anyone thinking something like that?

With the current need to make a lot of money sinks, I'd say that you can reduce the loss of GP, but I don't think you'll be able to profit from construction, it was a skill designed to be a money sink I think

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Well that's the problem. Maybe they could do it in tiers, as I remember back when the skill came out I didn't have a lot of money but I wanted to train it.

Low xp gains - you can lose a little money, good gains in xp, etc

medium xp gains - you can lose more money, but better gains in xp, etc

high xp gains - you can lose a lot of money, but great gains in xp, etc

I hope I'm coming across clearly :P

By how much you're willing to lose can definitely shoot up the xp you get? idk.

max.png 50.png

That's basically how construction/all skills work already.

Now you pick between oak, teak or mahogany to power to 99 (excluding warbands) and it decides how quick it goes and how much you lose.

I don't see it changing that greatly, I'd imagine the xp will still come from building the stuff but you get a hefty slice of extra xp, and maybe some resources, when you 'sell it' opposed to any actual money based on how well you met the brief. The idea after all is to move away from build destroy power training to something more varied not to change the skill from a money sink to a profit spinner.

@above I have been wondering how that will work when they put the update out. Personally I think dahmaroc shouldn't be an issue, the code already exists of if you destroy your study with it in you can get a new plinth and place that for it to re-appear; as long as they give us a way to place the plinth the statue should port over nicely.

As for costume room/pet house I'd imagine the most logical way would be to make them in to more literal bank-like workings so that the items remain but can't be reached without the appropriate access point (kinda like p2p bank spaces in f2p) so like when you build the new cape rack you regain access to those stored.

I kinda wonder how old houses will be dealt with - will they be plonked on to an in world plot and converted to the new format as best as can be? Or will they simply be hidden away to be deleted at some point years down the line when everyone has had time to cross over? Or (my personal favourite idea) they could be converted in a number of 'free wall' tickets (based on what you had built) along with an assortment of untradeable special flatpacks handed out by estate agents allowing the old style houses to be erased immediately but their entire existence to be returned to players who had them in a way they can rebuild in the new ways for free.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With the current need to make a lot of money sinks, I'd say that you can reduce the loss of GP, but I don't think you'll be able to profit from construction, it was a skill designed to be a money sink I think

How effective would a money sink skill be in the current environment, though? I'm not sure how well such a skill can be balanced with the level of wealth disparity we have today: it seems like you'd have to choose between making it noticeably decrease the amount of money that a "1%" player can have, or make it accessible to the average player.

How effective would a money sink skill be in the current environment, though? I'm not sure how well such a skill can be balanced with the level of wealth disparity we have today: it seems like you'd have to choose between making it noticeably decrease the amount of money that a "1%" player can have, or make it accessible to the average player.

What about having a buyable pretty fast method while also having another method accessible to the average player with lower (without being like 35k/hour) exp rates?

The wealthier players wouldn't mind spending money on materials to level up faster and the less wealthy wouldn't be left out.

• Like 2

The new BTS for next week is up. I told you guys the Rings would be useless (apparently it has 2.0 crit bonus for all styles, useless when compared to pre-existing rings). The capes will likely also be useless. That leaves the darts...

Well they have sailed that ring down the river of dead useless content before it even launched.

Omg yes lets work super hard for a ring that gives 2.0% crit by getting like 2 lvl 90s, never mind the fact for a few hundred k you can buy lvl req free 2.7% rings and for less xp than 2 lvl 90s you can get a 2.7% across the board ring.

And this is the superior ring, not the weaker tradable version...

I hold little hope for the cape now, though the pre-existing structure of the weapon tiers might save the darts atleast in a niche of better than zaryte, rcb and ccb but worse than ascension.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I just can't fathom how Jagex think those stats make sense.

It's like hey guess what when you get like 20-30 defence and start to earn a little bit you can buy this ring with 2.7% crit to really help you!

But hold on to your hats! How about once you reach level 85 defence? Who wants that poxy 2.7% crit when you can buy this new ring with less than 2% crit!

Or (hold on even tighter now) you can train your stats so that you have level 85 def and two level 90+ skills then spend like three months slaving away at ports to make this ring with 2% crits!

How lame does your cheap, req free 2.7% crit look now?

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This ring should be 3%. atleast make it 2.8% so it is better than the sixth-age ring.... oh but the sixth-age gives armor too. this doesn't give any. yet another issue....

or perhaps give it a high armor rating since everything from Ports so far has been more defensive than offensive. Then we will have a choice we can choose sixth-age for the offense or tier 85 for the defense.

Maybe 2.5% and 25 armor.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

In terms of the construction rework, what would they do in relation to people who have already poured millions into working their house into a style they like?

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

don't imbued ones give 4% crit? these are going to suck so bad..

3.0% but those are generally ignored as MA is too dead and the time investment is not remotely worth it in metagame terms. The only people bothering to get thme should be those hoping to trim comp cape some day.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That's basically how construction/all skills work already.

Now you pick between oak, teak or mahogany to power to 99 (excluding warbands) and it decides how quick it goes and how much you lose.

I don't see it changing that greatly, I'd imagine the xp will still come from building the stuff but you get a hefty slice of extra xp, and maybe some resources, when you 'sell it' opposed to any actual money based on how well you met the brief. The idea after all is to move away from build destroy power training to something more varied not to change the skill from a money sink to a profit spinner.

@above I have been wondering how that will work when they put the update out. Personally I think dahmaroc shouldn't be an issue, the code already exists of if you destroy your study with it in you can get a new plinth and place that for it to re-appear; as long as they give us a way to place the plinth the statue should port over nicely.

As for costume room/pet house I'd imagine the most logical way would be to make them in to more literal bank-like workings so that the items remain but can't be reached without the appropriate access point (kinda like p2p bank spaces in f2p) so like when you build the new cape rack you regain access to those stored.

I kinda wonder how old houses will be dealt with - will they be plonked on to an in world plot and converted to the new format as best as can be? Or will they simply be hidden away to be deleted at some point years down the line when everyone has had time to cross over? Or (my personal favourite idea) they could be converted in a number of 'free wall' tickets (based on what you had built) along with an assortment of untradeable special flatpacks handed out by estate agents allowing the old style houses to be erased immediately but their entire existence to be returned to players who had them in a way they can rebuild in the new ways for free.

Interesting

Well they have sailed that ring down the river of dead useless content before it even launched.

Omg yes lets work super hard for a ring that gives 2.0% crit by getting like 2 lvl 90s, never mind the fact for a few hundred k you can buy lvl req free 2.7% rings and for less xp than 2 lvl 90s you can get a 2.7% across the board ring.

And this is the superior ring, not the weaker tradable version...

I hold little hope for the cape now, though the pre-existing structure of the weapon tiers might save the darts atleast in a niche of better than zaryte, rcb and ccb but worse than ascension.

http://fmobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Freaking-Out.gif

I just can't fathom how Jagex think those stats make sense.

It's like hey guess what when you get like 20-30 defence and start to earn a little bit you can buy this ring with 2.7% crit to really help you!

But hold on to your hats! How about once you reach level 85 defence? Who wants that poxy 2.7% crit when you can buy this new ring with less than 2% crit!

Or (hold on even tighter now) you can train your stats so that you have level 85 def and two level 90+ skills then spend like three months slaving away at ports to make this ring with 2% crits!

How lame does your cheap, req free 2.7% crit look now?

Make it like 3.2% with some armor

max.png 50.png

Will there be offhand darts to? or will Jagex ruin these by not allowing us to use tier 85 dual wield?

Well actually, even if there's only main hand ones, we'd be able to do mh DL Darts + off-hand Chaotic crossbow, which would still be better than dual CCB, RCB or Zaryte bow.

We would have a bit lower damage than actual Lv. 85 weapons would have, but we'd be hitting with Lv. 85 accuracy instead of Lv. 80, which is still a nice boost.

Will there be offhand darts to? or will Jagex ruin these by not allowing us to use tier 85 dual wield?

Well actually, even if there's only main hand ones, we'd be able to do mh DL Darts + off-hand Chaotic crossbow, which would still be better than dual CCB, RCB or Zaryte bow.

We would have a bit lower damage than actual Lv. 85 weapons would have, but we'd be hitting with Lv. 85 accuracy instead of Lv. 80, which is still a nice boost.

Video looks promising on dual wield, at 1:38 when they show you the thrown weps you can see an identical purple handle sticking out from the rear hip of the player which suggesting he has the same thing equipped to oh as mh.

Plv6Dz6.jpg