Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Most skills don't even have combat in the 90s. Why do we want to add another 20 levels?

So that you get levels for 52% of a skill rather than 6.5%

Just because a skill has a 200M experience cap doesn't mean that you can use that as a measuring stick for skill completion, especially when there's no difference between someone with 13M and 200M xp.

That logic is kinda circular

Most skills don't even have combat in the 90s. Why do we want to add another 20 levels?

So that you get levels for 52% of a skill rather than 6.5%

Isn't there more to skills than just getting levels, though ...

Yeah, getting xp, which is what the only goal is for 93.5% of the skill

don't forget that raising levels to 120 would require a dung rework lol

well not a huge one but I'd rather see a new skill/quests than doing a dg rework for higher level skills

They could easily skip dung since it has content... if anything 120 capes could either go one of two ways: set the platform for increasingly harder content or just remain a piece for prestige. In the end it depends on how well its received after release.

Also as a side bar: jagex could easily implement a toggle to allow players to show either progression to 99 or 120 using base xp totals for each skill. So using this as a prestige system wouldn't hurt.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

nice triple post :D

How's everyone's dxp going?

Surprised they didn't limit div

Do you think for any dxp events they'd cap xp gainz per day?

Dang network issues...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why do you consider 120 to be a necessary change when, according to you, there already is a purpose to training a skill beyond 99?

Consistency. 99 everything with 120 dungeon looks weird.

That, and there is 187m worth of training you can do after you get 99 before you can no longer train

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Why do you consider 120 to be a necessary change when, according to you, there already is a purpose to training a skill beyond 99?

Consistency. 99 everything with 120 dungeon looks weird.

That, and there is 187m worth of training you can do after you get 99 before you can no longer train

Besides think about all the cool high level craftables you could do after 99 if they started working content in. Jagex could pretty much grant themselves the ability to redo their older skills. They could have higher content focused on player progression and less on "how can I buy this experience?" They could keep some of the regular buy, sell, trade leveling methods to buy up to this point. Then as players progress past 99 they could venture off to places like herblore habitat that are increasingly rewarding dependent on your level, but are clearly segregated from the trade msrket. The rewards could be largely untradable like herblore habitat. They could also go with the ports standard of offering less potent tradable pieces which is a much more viable option for the game.

Jagex pretty much could open up a lot more game space with 120 skills. Also to an extent skill specialization would come back... except for the crazy people like me who might go for 120 all.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The point of training skills is to get levels, but levels make up a tiny fraction of gameplay, so players are kinda forced to go for xp (or trim and then bankstand). Ideally levels would extend to 200m, but I'll take what I can get.

The point of training skills is to get levels, but levels make up a tiny fraction of gameplay, so players are kinda forced to go for xp (or trim and then bankstand). Ideally levels would extend to 200m, but I'll take what I can get.
Yeah I agree... I think after the last prestige attempt I think we all would take anything just to get a foothold right?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Or, instead of making you gain all that xp after 99 for no reason, we could simply cap xp at 13,034,431 (104,273,166 for dg, or else we modify the xp/level formula for dg only). That way, you get levels for 100% of a skill!

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Or, instead of making you gain all that xp after 99 for no reason, we could simply cap xp at 13,034,431 (104,273,166 for dg, or else we modify the xp/level formula for dg only). That way, you get levels for 100% of a skill!

No that's just boring... that's comparable to running laps around a 400 meter track... over and over and over!

Having increasing experience makes for a more interesting trekk through prestiging or true mastery.

Honestly thinking about it if its considered a prestige system then equal mile markers might be fine. But if we get 120 with the potential for extreme high level content then the answer should be a resounding no to the equal experience markers.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No that's just boring... that's comparable to running laps around a 400 meter track... over and over and over!

Isn't that basically what prestiging is?

I'd rather they release level 120 content, rather than level 120 capes.

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Isn't that basically what prestiging is?

I'd rather they release level 120 content, rather than level 120 capes.

That's what I was pointing out. If it was explicitly created for prestige I could understand that.

Frankly we would know jagex intentions for the future depending on how the markers are.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think the need for xp after 99 is pretty clear L

Not really.

People train beyond 99 simply because the xp cap is higher than 99 so they can and feel like they are achieving despite the lack of levels - be it 'completion' or hiscore ranks.

If the xp cap matched max level there would be nothing more to do and then highscores would simply rely on who got there first opposed to relying on xp then who got there first.

In essence the 'need' is artificially created simply because the scope to get xp beyond 99 exists. If that xp did not exist there would be no 'need' for it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Please explain then, for all of us that aren't after experience for the sake of experience.

• Like 5

Please explain then, for all of us that aren't after experience for the sake of experience.

If you need evidence, look at the hiscores. There are very few people with between 13m and 13.5m in most skills compared to 13.5m-200m. Just because you don't like skilling doesn't mean that no one does.

If you need evidence, look at the hiscores. There are very few people with between 13m and 13.5m in most skills compared to 13.5m-200m. Just because you don't like skilling doesn't mean that no one does.

Well that makes sense, because no matter how you play, if you play normally that is, you'll always gain exp and gradually it will rise to over 13.5m.

You should look at like 13-15m and 15-200m. Those figures are a bit more telling I think.

• Like 5

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

That doesn't make it a 'need'

People will do it because it is there, equally people will do it without even trying.

I have several skills past 14m to varying degrees simply as a by product of lamps and questing and such not through any intent or purpose.

Justifying something as a need because people do it is the shakiest argument possible.

People smoke, people drink, people take drugs, people murder, people spend every minute of the day online via smart phones do we need to do any of these things simply because people do them?

No we don't - people do it because the option exists not out of genuine need.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It is pretty obvious in MMO design that a player will do anything you set before them. Look at the trimmed completionist cape.

That is because winning in an MMO is doing all the achievements.

While I do think they could add more content, it isn't a need. Clearly people are willing to skill past 99 without it. I don't think the game needs more level grind compared to what it already has compared to other online MMO options

• Like 6

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014