Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

just add runes from daily challenge rewards

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Letting us keep the runes we make in runespan would be a start.

If they did that, they may aswell just remove altars altogether and rename Runecrafting to Runespanning.
Idk if you're being snarky or not, but "old" runecrafting was a terrible mechanic and it needs to go
  • Like 1

Why would "afk here and get thousands of runes effortlessly" be a good mechanic?

Agreed... that would massively increase the supply without actually promoting their use. And it wouldn't have any affect on the pure ess prices, either.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Why would "afk here and get thousands of runes effortlessly" be a good mechanic?

Everything else in the game is pretty much effortless as well, why not make Runecrafting that too? We even get famous streamers getting millions of experience per day in slow and once-prestigious skills such as Slayer, with Jagex coming personally to congratulate them (whereas in the past something like this would have instantly been nerfed for being the overpowered thing it is).

Trying to rejuvenate old runecrafting (which indeed was horrible) in 2014 is a joke. Everyone in 2014 is mostly geared towards experience (hence why bonus weekends win over double drops, because experience is the end-goal) . Unless a reworked old runecrafting gives the best experience or close to it, no one will do it, except lower level players who basically have to, because they need money. 

In a world of 200Ms and 120s, everything that doesn't give lots of experience is meaningless, and no experience rates, and no AFK methods are overpowered (because on a scale of 200M, even a couple million experience points per hour would result in 10's of hours for 200M, which in 2014 is in par with getting 99s for lower level players, which also require 10s of hours). 

So they showed the Dg BTs in the live stream:

3 New pets are Blink, baby frost and hope devourer.

The 'bone crusher' like item is Coin Accumulator.

The weapon is Chaotic spear - requires zammy spear and 10 chaotic spikes.

6 new amulets - my guess would be power and tank for each style, or 1 of each style plus 1 for each hybrid pair.

New resource dg is lvl 90 houses the Kalger demons, they have 'very rare drop tables' including 5 new titles (presumably bloodchiller, riftsplitter, pummeller, thunderous and warmonger) and will be a slayer assignment. Also contains gem rocks in here.

Inside dg we getting hexhunter changes, bonfires, surge and escape function and generally new interfaces.

The floor skipping looks to have a set price per floor starting at ~4k for floor 1 and increasing.

Thats all I could gleam without a pausable video.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They showed it as existing, but I didn't spot the price and they didn't give any further details so it didn't include that since we knew all that already.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh look, that item they said they'd never bring into the game.

RIP Economy.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

RIP Economy.

The economy is already broken beyond repair, may as well let us have a little fun whilst we dance in the flaming ashes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

RIP Economy.

The economy is already broken beyond repair, may as well let us have a little fun whilst we dance in the flaming ashes.

Just because something is bad doesn't mean you make it worse. It means you should try to fix it.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

Oh and i missed a big one:

Ring resets are coming.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

RIP Economy.

Just because something is bad doesn't mean you make it worse. It means you should try to fix it.

The only feasible repair is literally hoovering billions of gp out of the richest players accounts and forcibly lowering the price on top end items and they odds of them doing that is basically 0 since people would just rage and quit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That isn't true. Also, money spent is money not in the economy. So the GP hoarders aren't necessarily the issue, although they do rise prices of certain items.

Massive inflation rises the price of ALL items. It makes items that should be affordable to certain players less affordable in the same way that rich players made Overloads/Turmoil extremely expensive for the average player to obtain.

If people are complaining about 30gp/xp crafting ATM, I'd love to hear what they think about 45 gp/xp crafting in the future.

But it seems the ninja team wasn't stupid when balancing the item. 60k Tokens for 1M GP isn't something a lot of people are going to be willing to buy - since it degrades. So there is hope that most people won't see the "pick-up-my-drop-for-me" being worth 60k.

kwbvgv.png

At person talking about Gem Bag Update:

mjwkqy.png

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

Everything else in the game is pretty much effortless as well, why not make Runecrafting that too?

I stopped there.

That's a rather flippant and lazy response, to make some vague connection to some formal fallacy, and leave that as some sort of 'trump card'. If everything else in the game is effortless, why should Runecrafting be singled out to return it to some obsolete and tedious mode of training?

Wow i ws way out of the floor skip prices starting at 4k lol

Don't think I did too bad thou for lower res twitch stream with no pausing or rewatching XD

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Ring resets are coming.

Oh my god yes. This and the spear... worth the wait. 

Now that I'm done fangirling over those, what makes the coin collector so dangerous? Just the fact that it autocollects money that people wouldn't otherwise take? 1m is a pittance in today's economy, and you're still pretty much picking it up at 300 at a time... 

As for RC... why not at least you keep some of the runes you make in Runespan? Make prestige add to that amount, or let it increase the amount of runes (or experience) you get from normal RC? At least something to make the minigame feel less detatched, if not make sormal RC less pathetic.

Ring resets are coming.

Now that I'm done fangirling over those, what makes the coin collector so dangerous? Just the fact that it autocollects money that people wouldn't otherwise take? 1m is a pittance in today's economy, and you're still pretty much picking it up at 300 at a time...

I'm so glad of reset I got levels in a magic ring from pre-eoc i don't want and I'm kinda tempted to scrap zerker for the tactician and go dual wield.

Also I just twigged with the necklackes:

They are probably the range and melee versions of stream.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Why are you worried about the coin collector when it costs 60k tokens and only collects 1m coins before degrading to dust. The worst it does is keep floor selling alive for slayers and floor sellers.

The gem bag upgrade goes from holding 100 gems from sapphire to diamond to holding 60 of each including dragonstone. The current gem bag isnt hardline so i think thats pretty much a gem bag with a holding capacity of 300.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ring resets are coming.

I'm so glad of reset I got levels in a magic ring from pre-eoc i don't want and I'm kinda tempted to scrap zerker for the tactician and go dual wield.

Also I just twigged with the necklackes:

They are probably the range and melee versions of stream.

I really hope they are tank versions or some other mid level attacker necklaces. Having more high grade necklaces is somewhat pointless. The difference between arcane stream and hiss is neglegable.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Whsiper 2.5m

Murmur 1.5m

Hiss 500k

Dat 'negligible' edge arcane has...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Whsiper 2.5m

Murmur 1.5m

Hiss 500k

Dat 'negligible' edge arcane has...

I meant in terms of stats.

I was wrong anyways...

There is a 0.5% crit difference between stream and hiss. I thought there was something like a 0.2% crit difference. I guess people better get ready to sell their gwd amulets.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png