Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

we could also make lesser, plain versions of dragon under a different name, but i doubt it'd happen though

I think that was basically part of Mod Jack's idea that he outlined for a possible smithing rework.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

we could also make lesser, plain versions of dragon under a different name, but i doubt it'd happen though

I think that was basically part of Mod Jack's idea that he outlined for a possible smithing rework.

I wonder what the name would be. Sort of but not quite corrupt dragon? :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I wonder what the name would be. Sort of but not quite corrupt dragon? :P

I can't find Mod Jack's original post (probably long gone) but I did find this one that matches up to what I remember from Mod Jack's post.

http://[Please Use QuickFind Code].com/c=1f7fa39/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,178,65518818

Tier 1 - Bronze: Copper ore + Tin ore
Tier 10 - Iron: Iron ore + Limestone ore

Tier 20 - Steel: Iron ore + Coal ore
Tier 30 - Mithril: Mithril ore + Coal ore

Tier 40 - Adamant: Adamantite ore + Imcandite ore
Tier 50 - Rune: Runite ore + Imcandite ore

Tier 60 - Orichalkum: Orichalcite ore + Dragonsblood ore* 
Tier 70 - Necronium: Necrolith ore + Thanous ore

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I for one am super excited about the new Quest!

I really love the idea of walking about this alternative Varrock and having to start over with building up money for these sub quests.

It sounds like a ton of fun and will take me back to the good old days of yesteryear.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

On a slight hiatus due to some college projects needing attention, but here is the design doc for the POH aquarium they discussed earlier.

http://cdn.runescape.com/assets/docs/external/aquarium/Aquarium_Design_Document.pdf

Really interested in their move with higher end food using great white sharks and combining things.

Also here is their Q&A style change list:

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,708,65579122

If i find time i may transcribe both of these and make a tl;dr.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't know how I feel about the capes...I mean it's not as bad as I thought but then again they look now is so classic...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Tassels shouldn't exist. Their only job is to clip through everything in existence.

I do agree with that...I guess I'm just old and don't want to see shit like this change L

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Oh so that's where Mod Ryan is going. I hadn't heard of Mod Oliver before (not that I'm super in-the-loop anyways).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Aquarium TL;DR:

Player owned house aquarium
tl;dr

Aims for aquarium:
- Mid to high level fishing and construction content
- Collectable content for aquarium
- Offer a new fish for food
- Offer content for maxed players

The Aquarium:
- Actually two rooms in one; a dry surface room and then the aquarium
- Unlocked at 63 construction and costs 200k with hotspots unlocked between levels 63-81
- Exhaustable hotspots are unusable by others
- Five hotspot locations up top:
Diving suit (flatpackable): level 63: can only open oysters, level 72 and 5 golden fish eggs: can open mermaid purse, level 80 and 10 golden fish eggs: can open treasure chests
Prawnbroker (flatpackable): Perks unlocked and toggled here including great white shark fishing
Centerpiece wall: posters at level 66, sharkbone jaw at level 71, ship figurehead at level 78
Whopper wall: mounted shark at level 65, mounted rocktail at level 70, mounted great white at level 76
Floor decoration: fishing net at level 64, twin anchors at level 69, bait barrel at level 74
- Players have full freedom to place things anywhere in the under water part of the aquarium
- 16x16 layout

Fishing Perks:
- 14 gained by finding all golden fish eggs and another 4 from meeting the prawn ball and cracker threshlds
- Tier 1: more frequent prawn items, fish without bait, choose aquarium landmark, gain 10x prawn pennies
- Tier 2: gain one random golden fish egg
- Tier 3: more frequent prawn items, fry fish without feathers, prawn pennies/pounds last for double the fish, gain three diving suit overrides
Tier 4: gain one golden prawn cracker
Tier 5: more frequent prawn items, barbarian fishing without bait or feathers, great whit shark pet and aquarium fish, fish great white sharks from shark fishing spots
Tier 6: ability to make sushi

Great White Sharks:
- Fished from shark fishing spots and requires 80 fishing, 84 cooking to cook
- 1/2 sharks will be a great white shark
- Heals 2100 lp
- Agility 85+ for double catching great white sharks; 99 fishing and 80 strength for barehanding fishing
- Raw and cooked great white are tradable
- Togglable with the prawnbroker

Sushi:
- Great Maki: level 84 cooking, uses seaweed and raw great white shark. Heals 2100 lp and 3% prayer every second for 15 seconds
- Great gunkan: level 91 cooking, uses kelp and raw great white shark. Heals 1500 lp and 150 lp every 1 second for ~6 seconds
- Rocktail soup will have lp gain adjusted to retain value
- Sushi and kelp is tradable
- Kelp can be burnt for soda ash and stored in seaweed nets

Pet:
- Great white shark floats by players, but wont unlock in the aquarium until unlocked from prawnbroker
- Doesn't disappear when prestiging

Golden Fish Eggs:
- At 99 roughly 3 hours spent gaining each
- 14 golden fish eggs total and untradable
- Eggs permanently unlock animated fish in the aquarium

Prawn Balls and Crackers:
- Used to alleviate RNG
- Every 25k lp fish caught you get a prawn ball or cracker
- Prawn ball is owned by one player and a prawn cracker is shared between another choosen player
- 'Prawn perks' are are unlocked to encourage continued fishing based on prawn ball and cracker collection at the 1,20, 100 and 200 markers

Prawn Ball Drop Table:
- Prawn penny: 1/4
- Prawn pound: 1/25
- 1-5 Cooked baron shark: 1/10

Surface Items:
- Kelp: 1/10
- Porthole: 7/100
- Message in a Bottle: 11/200
Sharkbone Jaw: 11/200
Ship Figurehead: 11/200

Aquarium Items:
- Come as default (free) or unlocked via prawn balls and crackers
- Free items are seaweed, oysters, ship prow, ship aft, coral reef, rocks, cracked pots
- Seaweed: harvest once, replenishes in 12 hours
- Kelp: harvest once, replenishes in 12 hours
- oysters: Elf city gem rock trap tables with oyster pearls, replenishes in 24 hours
- Boiler tank: 7/100
- Mermaid purse: 7/10, 20 mahogany or teak planks, once a week
- Anchor: 11/200
-Treasure Chest: 3/100, 1 elite clue, once a month
- Cannon: 3/100
- Big stone head
- Plug: unlocked for free once all fish have been found. Used to prestige the aquarium without resetting perks. First prestige allows you to toggle silver fish and an RS logo plug. The second prestige allows you to toggle gold fish and a stone of jas plug
- White Wolf Mountain: 1/100, +2% xp and greater chance of golden fish eggs fishing at catherby
- Vorago Statue: 1/100, +2% xp and greater chance of golden fish eggs fishing at LRC
- Sea Troll Egg: 1/100, +2% xp and greater chance of golden fish eggs while fishing at piscatoris colony
- Fishing Guild Trophy: 1/100, +2% xp and greater chance of golden fish eggs fishing at the fishing guild
- Tribal Mask: 1/100, +2% xp and greater chance of golden fish eggs fishing at shilo village
- Viking Longboat Prow: 1/100, +2% xp and greater chanceof golden fish eggs at otto's lake

Typing it felt like a too lazy; must read...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Okay if that's the short version...

Well sushi healing some prayer, that's interesting. We don't currently have any food that does that, at least in any nontrivial quantity, do we?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Well sushi healing some prayer, that's interesting. We don't currently have any food that does that, at least in any nontrivial quantity, do we?

Just rocktail and rocktail soup that boost lp past max and cavefish that boost random combat stats by 2... That is it. I think people relied heavily on bonecrusher+zealots for prayer gain. Then there are other variations with prayer renewals, combo pots and auras. Really, prayer has gotten a lot of attention for ramping up its renewal rates.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just rocktail and rocktail soup that boost lp past max and cavefish that boost random combat stats by 2... That is it. I think people relied heavily on bonecrusher+zealots for prayer gain. Then there are other variations with prayer renewals, combo pots and auras. Really, prayer has gotten a lot of attention for ramping up its renewal rates.

With demon horn necklace etc, but yea it may not see any use except pvp or if it's cheap.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

With EoC PKing will it even be useful? I mean from my experience (and this is on F2P) fights are done in a minute or two, and that's hardly enough time to drain your prayer. Unless somehow you're great at PvP and manage to slay hordes of noobs left and right I suppose :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

With EoC PKing will it even be useful? I mean from my experience (and this is on F2P) fights are done in a minute or two, and that's hardly enough time to drain your prayer. Unless somehow you're great at PvP and manage to slay hordes of noobs left and right I suppose :P.

Not so much to keep prayer topped off, but more so to help avoid getting smited

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

My theory is that rune dragons will require a grandmaster quest or something like that. There is no way in heck they are gonna make it easy to access rune dragons and make them accessible to everyone. I mean it's already very easy to get rune bars by simply killing mithril and steel dragons. Making it any easier would just be overkill.

But I hope rune dragons won't be like boss monsters. I hope I will be able to kill more than five in one trip as long as I have lobsters or sharks in my inventory.