Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I feel like slapping them on top of an existing quest is unlikely. Maybe sometime in the future they will have an additional spot unlocked by skill levels or a resource dungeon.

As for difficulty, I have no idea what they'll do. We'll have to see I guess.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't see a need for Addy or Rune dragons to be particularly 'walled off' behind high reqs due to the metal bar drops.

I mean Mithril dragons aren't exactly suitable for mass farming due to difficulty which keeps mithril bars pretty safe and these new ones will be stronger than they are.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I mean Mithril dragons aren't exactly suitable for mass farming due to difficulty which keeps mithril bars pretty safe and these new ones will be stronger than they are.

Mithril dragons are still extremely easy to kill.

But then again all my combat skills except ranged are at least 95, so that's probably why.

I feel like slapping them on top of an existing quest is unlikely. Maybe sometime in the future they will have an additional spot unlocked by skill levels or a resource dungeon.

As for difficulty, I have no idea what they'll do. We'll have to see I guess.

They strawpolled the location for them during one of their livestreams and Kethsi came out on top, that would obviously require ROTM.

http://strawpoll.me/3722736/r

Well then, that's too bad :S. I'm not sure how fair a poll with 900 votes from mainly high levels or people super-into the game is though...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well... rune dragons obviously aren't meant to be killed by low levels so having high level players vote makes sense.

Mithril dragons are still extremely easy to kill.

But then again all my combat skills except ranged are at least 95, so that's probably why.

Easy to kill and farmable are however not one in the same.

Farmable monster are so easy to kill you can stay put for long periods with little supplies and get masses of kills. Mithril dragons don't really reach this status because they eat up a lot of supplies and you can't get that many kills before banking. Compared to, for example, Steels where your ability to stay is limited only by your supply of anti-fires and you can easily kill several hundred in a single trip with no food and only a handful antifire doses.

Since Mithrils cannot be farmed their bar drops don't impact to much, adamant and rune dragons will logically be harder to kill and therefore even less farmable making their bar drops less of an issue in the market.

Well then, that's too bad :S. I'm not sure how fair a poll with 900 votes from mainly high levels or people super-into the game is though...

How come we are assuming the strawpoll was made up of 'high levels' all of sudden?

It was done during a livestream so the only limiting factor was 'people who watch the livestream live' nothing about that dictates they are high level

Also why would a poll of people 'super into the game' be an unfair thing for quite late-game content? People who care about the game enough to stick with it and get to that content (aka people super into the game) are surely vastly more relevant in this context than people drifting through who will never play it?

But then again that also works on the assumption you have to be 'super into the game' to watch live streams in the first place... 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

When did you last kill mithrils? They are extremely easy to kill and you are only limited by your antifire supply just as steels. (By the way, I stopped bringing antifire to steels, don't really need it lol).

The mithril bars aren't "safe" because the dragons are hard to kill, they are safe because nobody bothers picking them up.

Hmm, I didn't know that poll was broadcast on a livestream. It just sort of seems like Jagex flips between projecting this image of a democracy ("all" members get a vote in Power to the Players) and then says "Oh never mind, let's just see what the fans on Twitch say" the next. Maybe it works better for hammering out the details but I don't know, it just seems kind of weird :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Hmm, I didn't know that poll was broadcast on a livestream. It just sort of seems like Jagex flips between projecting this image of a democracy ("all" members get a vote in Power to the Players) and then says "Oh never mind, let's just see what the fans on Twitch say" the next. Maybe it works better for hammering out the details but I don't know, it just seems kind of weird :P.

It was either that or no poll at all. In the end, does it really matter that much?

Mithril dragons are super easy. All you need is bonecrusher, antifire and not even overloads.

What I would like to see would be mobs as difficult as tormented demons, where one on one, it isn't too bad, but if you get more then one on you, you are going to be getting hurt. I would also like to see mobs with 100k or more health

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I still think it would make sense to be required to do a grandmaster quest to be able to kill rune dragons. I mean think about it, they are powerful monsters, so you have to EARN the rights to fight them.

Much like glacors... i agree.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Don't take straw polls serious. They have said multiple times in the past that straw polls are just for fun and not something that is a deciding factor.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Well, as Big Chinchompa hours were changed based on a straw poll and the design of skillcapes (like those tassels) were decided by a straw poll, I say they are something to be aware of. :)

Also, everyone who can access Fairy Rings can go to Kethsi, so maybe ROTM won't even be required.

If you don't have ROTM done, lets give the noobies a single spawn of each with a 5 minute spawn time.

If you have ROTM done, you can go somewhere else where there are dozens of insta spawn spawns

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Someone found the next treasure hunter and solomons items:

jDJ7L13.png

Obviously several shark outfits to compliment the poh aquarium release.

Ckqbc8z.png

The other outfit looks like an outfit designed to be modeled after the dark lord. You'll get a runecrafting, teleport and summoning training animation as well.

The rainbow vial thing looks to be the item you'll buy to change your skin tone. I'm guessing you will be able ot change it to several different colors much like when doing the recolorable areas of your overrides.

Here are the animations:

Teleport:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lord_outfit?file=Disperse_teleport.gif[/img]

Summoning:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lord_outfit?file=Dark_lord_summoning.gif

Runecrafting:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lord_outfit?file=Dark_lord_runecrafting.gif

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

All we need now is a Diving skill to complement all the TH promotions!

It would be impossible to dive without some modern day equipment.

I know diving gear kinda does exist in the game, but if we are not gonna make guns available, we shouldn't make these available either.

The reason we can't really dive without modern equipment is because we all play humans with no super powers at all. We might be able to use the skill magic, but my point now stands.