Another update on the Artisan Workshop spotlight:
Hey all, thanks for all the ideas! We've now completed this spotlight, here's an update on what changes we were able to make within the one week time limit we gave ourselves!
It's of course worth noting that these are development complete, but have not yet been through QA, so the release will depend on how long that takes and when the release team are able to handle it!
General tweaks and improvements
- Varrock armour smithing speed bonus can now apply at burial armour (7.2 instead of 9 seconds)
- Varrock armour smithing speed bonus can now apply at tracks (1.2 instead of 1.8 seconds)
- Daily challenges have been tweaked and added. Mithril is 12 instead of 16 swords, adamant is 9 swords and rune is 6 swords.
- When cooling ingots you will be offered the choice to cool all instead of one at a time.
- Your current respect will constantly be shown while in the workshop, by the burial armour item to create.
- The burial armour item to create overlay has been moved to the left side of the minigames interface section, avoiding the default position of the XP interface.
- Ceremonial sword attack rate has been corrected, it was longsword speed rather than scimitar.
- Ingots and swords will use upper case rather than lower case numerals.
- Withdrawing ingots will now output a message saying how many of the ore types remain within the smelter.
- Burial armour can now be made through an interface similar to serenity posts, with 1-4 keys to switching between items. You can select to change the type of item mid-smithing, and it will be the next item when the current item has been finished.
- When withdrawing or depositing ores you will only be asked for the types of ores that are in your inventory or stored in the workshop.
Decorative Sword Improvements
- Tongs can now be stored on the toolbelt.
- Left-click on decorative sword anvils will now add the ingot and plans on the anvil and open the interface in one click.
- Egil/Abel have an added toggle to no longer offer to keep perfect swords you create.
- Offhand equivalents have been added for ceremonial swords. They can be gained by requesting an offhand instead when creating a perfect sword.
- You no longer need to heat ingots before making swords, it will be done automatically before placing the ingot on the anvil.
- Strange and golden rocks can now be received.
- The chances of hitting the desired number have been improved for each type, so creating swords should be a little more predictable.
- The base experience for creating a rune ceremonial sword has been increased from 7,132 to 10,487 to be a viable alternative for training when compared to the costs of other swords.
4 new rewards have been added to the shop.
"Restocking cannon" - 100% respect - Must have purchased previous cannon upgrades - Grants your cannon the ability to reload automatically. You must have cannonballs in your inventory and be within 15 squares.
"Ceremonial Sword Orders" - 50% respect - Increases the orders received by the workshop, occasionally allowing you to choose which ceremonial sword you wish to make. If you opt out of receiving perfect swords this will have no effect.
"Sword Polishing Kit" - 10% respect - Gives 10 sword polishing kits (stackable), which when held in your inventory prevent a ceremonial sword from breaking.
"Bonus Package" - 100% respect - Gives 8x Mithril Ingot IV, 4x Adamant Ingot IV, 2x Rune Ingot IV, 50,000 bonus Smithing XP and 10x Sword Polishing Kit. The ingots in this bundle can not be exchanged for ores and do not count towards daily challenges but will still allow you to gain respect.
> "Restocking cannon" - 100% respect - Must have purchased previous cannon upgrades - Grants your cannon the ability to reload automatically. You must have cannonballs in your inventory and be within 15 squares.
wow. I know it isn't easy to get but once you get this, that seems mighty OP to me. I'm not one to complain about that though. the easier the better