Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future Update Discussions

• Please log in to reply
11433 replies to this topic

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Poptolev

I find it interesting that some of the options for next year are other Elite Skills, given that Invention was pushed for 2016 (unless I'm mistaking).

2 skills in 1 year, hell yeah :D

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I gave them a nice essay in the final box about how it is BS to tell us updates are coming and then postpone/scrap them and not bother to keep us in the loop and how its BS to hype/sell an update in ways it can't live up too.

Cause to me those two things are what cause a lot of their stuff to come off lack luster - like Tuska event if you'd of sold it to us as an unchanging thing that'd be around forever, but had a 35 day event attached cool awesome fair enough. Instead it was sold as a world event with no extra detail , which sets it up as a progressive evolving event dripping with lore in most peoples minds, lasting for 30 days and even made specific mentions of how Tuska would adapt to our attacks. The result? disappointment at how lacking it was.

Also you look at basically anything from the Runescape 20xx talks at runefest, the skill reworks, Rite of Passage - the big let down annoyance isn't so much that they haven't happened cause dev priorities shift, it can't be helped, it's that they present them all as this is being worked on and will come in this timeframe and then behold like 6 months - 1 year after that time frame they mention in passing it was never even started on. Creating great furstration. Where as if when it got postponed/scrapped they just made a effort to say hey this thing we said we'd do next year well we've had to shelve because x y z it'd be kinda annoying but you'd be like well at least now I know not to expect it or get hyped up over it. 

The worst part of both of these is the players they hit most is kind the most loyal and dedicated players - the ones of us who follow the streams and runefest and podcasts and activel invest in learning about the upcoming in dev stuff and making us feeling misled or lied too by this poor management of communication is a sure fire way to alienate and lose players.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

Podcast discussing what Mod Osborne wants to do in his new position is out http://runescape.podbean.com/

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

baileydafrog
[ Display Name History ]

baileydafrog

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • RSN:Baileydafrog

I find it interesting that some of the options for next year are other Elite Skills, given that Invention was pushed for 2016 (unless I'm mistaking).

2 skills in 1 year, hell yeah :D

the same invention that was the second of 2 skills to come out in 2013?

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

What level do I need in Invention to come up with that kind of arithmetic? ;)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

Podcast discussing what Mod Osborne wants to do in his new position is out http://runescape.podbean.com/

I looked so much forward to listen to this one and now I am at work...I will listen to it tonight.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RSN:All My Love
  • Clan:Age of Ancients

Here's to hoping inventory won't kill my cash pouch...

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

It will.

My name is [player name], world guardian. Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

That is my feeling towards invention.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

It certainly will, that is how Invention is being designed. I am at the moment expecting up to 50-80 gp/exp and am preparing for that slowly.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

It certainly will, that is how Invention is being designed. I am at the moment expecting up to 50-80 gp/exp and am preparing for that slowly.

Ive been working up my slayer drops and stuff i can potentially break down from smithing and crafting.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Ive been working up my slayer drops and stuff i can potentially break down from smithing and crafting.

Yeah, I am planning on doing as much slayer as I can after 120 mining and 200m Firemaking to have that kind of stuff.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Raids BTS out, looking quite interesting actually:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor

Check out the screens beside Mod Chris L....Vorago looks ballin'

Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Rip Chris :<

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

I feel like I should be ashamed of how naive I was to think that they ever intended any faction besides Godless to win. It's become pessimistically certain that they're following a set update schedule with the illusion of player input or choice.

Harder Mode Vorago has was probably completed months ago lol.

2dgucz6.png

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

I'm excited for raids although my melee stars are a'lackin

max.png 50.png

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

I feel like I should be ashamed of how naive I was to think that they ever intended any faction besides Godless to win. It's become pessimistically certain that they're following a set update schedule with the illusion of player input or choice.

Give it more hp, make it hit harder

doesn't seem too hard to me lol

max.png 50.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RSN:wkw

Give it more hp, make it hit harder

doesn't seem too hard to me lol

Still wouldn't make it all that harder.

It is challenging to add in mechanics that are not rng based 1hit deaths that is hard. Adding more LP and higher damage/accuracy is a super cheap way to make things hard.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RSN:helring

Apparently the concept art behind Chris L was for another Vorago rotation that never got made, since he's leaving and it would probably never end up being made he decided to show it for the video. At least thats what was apparently said by him in his friend chat.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Apparently the concept art behind Chris L was for another Vorago rotation that never got made, since he's leaving and it would probably never end up being made he decided to show it for the video. At least thats what was apparently said by him in his friend chat.

Also it's not like the ending was heavily tailored to any one faction.

The ending was basically Faction Champion attacks Tuska. Assorted faction npcs remain on Tuska.

It was basically a case of inserting Vorago, Saradomin, Zamorak or Armadyl into the cutscene and changing a couple of npcs on Tuska back.

In fact the godless winning probably created more work if anything because they already have 'final smash' attack animations for Saradomin, Zamorak and Armadyl from previous world events whilst Rago didn't have one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users