Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future Update Discussions

• Please log in to reply
11434 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

that herb burner, rip herbicide lol

Alas from the BTS video the burner looks more like a portable skilling station than a drop cleaner. ='[

I'm excited for it, the sailing looks cool, curious why it begins on the 27th though...is Monday a bank holiday then?

Nope no Bank holiday. Only thing I can guess is purposefully avoiding clashing with the Sword promo thing so players aren't overwhelmed and finished event code can be removed asap.

Just fyi the Uk Bank Holidays are:

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Geez you know all of these things are going to make it into the game permanently as inventions...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
Next ninja teaser is out on twitter compliments to Mod Doctor:

Looks to be an easier puzzle interface for EW3:
CSaLo4SVEAQMhIc.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
Next ninja teaser is up... And a rather core update to a broader game play customization:

We can now toggle several of our assistances:

CTi_IuvUkAAnfV4.png

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

The relevant question now is whether they include Group Teleports in Tele-other or Lunar Spells  -_-

2dgucz6.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
Im Rubic's reddit compilation of the recent QA is here:

https://www.reddit.c...el_mobs_part_2/

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,081 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

BTS video for Invention. It appears that augmenting, levelling up,and disassembling weapons will be one of the core ways in which the skill can be levelled - seems like an interesting and fresh idea.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Interesting that the disassembling is part of it, the runefest stuff implied levelling up would be the xp payer rather than taking stuff apart.

I'm still a bit meh on some of the implementation they seem to be going for.

Unique/rare materials linked to the very expensive gear annoys me, sure its designed to keep their value up but when half of us poor mugs can barely afford to get 1 set how exactly are we supposed to compete when now to get the top end we need to buy multiples to get the materials for the perks!?!

Plus the whole augmenting thing seems to be getting more complex - we've gone from making a perk to add to a weapon to making a tinker to augment a weapon then making a weapon gizmo to create a perk inside to add to a weapon and unless I'm misremembering they've done away with the notion we can remove perks and break them down to get the materials back.

Now it seems like you can't remove them and if the one you make sucks you lose the materials.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,081 posts

For something like an RCB or the (non-saradomin) godswords it may not be that bad, but it depends how many the skill is going to chew through. I mean they are worth about the same as a vending machine snack in real cash these days anyway...I don't see anything wrong with them at least being pushed up a little. I guess it all depends on the implementation and the scaling of the XP in the end.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I more meant that they have confirmed things like drygores, seismics etc to give unique/rare materials.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,081 posts

Ah yeah, well using t90 weapons up is a little more extreme, indeed.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Once again... Wasn't that one of the biggest things that people didn't want in the original draft for the skill? And one of the things that they eventually backed down on because of how awful an idea it was?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Combining weapons was in the draft, people didn't like it, they moved away from it.

But in the most recent info from runefest etc they specifically mentioned some of the t90s in relation to giving unique/rare materials when broken down, at the very least we know Zaryte/Nex Armours are still in there for unique materials as you saw a 'Zaros Material' in the newest bts.

Not to mention the most recent info says they have moved away from perks being removable to a model where onces its on the item thats it - you keep the item forever or disassemble it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

so, the same idea, but somehow worse than before

8f14270694.jpg

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

The bit that annoys me most (from what they seem to be going for) is I could understand if it was like a tech limit on once you augment a weapon you can't revert it to its tradable form - but the whole 'tinker' that makes it augmented and gizmo that holds the perks being separate things ought to by pass the issue of not being able to remove perks at all.

Sure you can't revert your augmented item with tinker to a tradeable form, but let us remove the gizmos and keep the base augmented it. Heck even make there be a 'price' to doing so - either you pay a chunk of divine energy and get xp only when you take the gizmo off or you get your gizmo/materials back but lose its level ups.

That way you still keep the model of having different weps for different things and gaining xp via levelling up then breaking, but your not locking people into putting 1 gizmo on their weapon ever then thats it - you keep it that way or destroy it.

But then whatever they do it will uberly suck if, as they have suggested, they are blindly marching down the line of needing to break down t90s for unique materials to get the best stuff - that is the perfect way to make the overly rich pvmers get even further ahead of us 'normal' folks in terms of money as the increased demand pushes prices up and expands their wealth all whilst they can afford to break down a few t90s to get the best of the best perks so their kills are faster, easier and better gp:hr whilst us normal folks who can barely scrap 1 t90 wep suddenly find ourselves with sub-par gear (which a load of top end boss groups will decide is not good enough to join their teams) and not a chance in hell of moving forward with them.

And again there is quite a simply solution to make this a non-issue: Do not make any unique material exclusive to disassembling drop only items. By all means make such items give better materials more commonly and make them give a thematically appropriate hard to come by material fairly easily comparatively. But make it so there are other ways to get that material with enough grind or heck even make it so there is a way to get them without utterly destroying the item. Maybe for an energy cost we could 'extract' a weapon to get some materials, but it comes at the cost of degrading the weapon by like 25%, maybe give us ways of using divine energy to infuse lesser items to give them a chance at rarer materials, maybe give items a low chance of generating their unique material just through use.

Of course in all this you'd keep disassembly as the best option, but any number of ideas that would make the materials obtainable other ways would stop them being a giant middle finger to everyone who isn't already rich rich rich.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Magic defender teasers are up... They will be called rebounders to signify difference in combat style.

https://pbs.twimg.co...4pcXIAAf0Ol.png

https://pbs.twimg.co...4uVWUAAOtt_.png

https://pbs.twimg.co...4ugXAAAZteX.png

Also the latest Q&A from Im Rubic on reddit regarding combat:

https://www.reddit.c...combat_council/

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Alas, the T90 magic defender looks weird and won't look good with seismic and tectonic, or even primeval.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
I think the t90 defender just needs some repositioning.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

about: skillers not liking risk

it's less about not wanting to risk dying/death and more about skilling having worse/useless rewards that don't scale with risk (bakriminel bolts cough cough), and risk of death/dying usually involving combat as opposed to noncombat based environmental factors or versus the noncombat ability of other skillers

for instance, you can have an area with very unstable structural integrity, then have teams who have to bring in special equipment (that costs money to replace) in order to get to resources, but there's a limited number of spots to get that resource, and when that resource is taken, it causes the tunnels in all of the other areas to collapse. there could also be various other things in the caves you could do to slow down other teams or speed up progress for your own.

edit: to provide a vector of constitution that doesn't rely on HP, all participants have to wear protective suits, which will also have durability meters, like the equipment. judgement calls will have to be made as far as picking what to do in a given situation in order to ensure that there is enough durability left to successfully reach the end of the tunnel without losing to another team or failing the expedition otherwise

8f14270694.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

RGm7U2W.jpg

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users