Cowman_133

Future Update Discussions

How long have we been waiting for the dwarves update too? Its been a year since the last dwarf quest and the graphics were supposedly almost ready then...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

How long have we been waiting for the dwarves update too? Its been a year since the last dwarf quest and the graphics were supposedly almost ready then...

On Jan 19th they got their chatheads redone, but nothing else. (2010)

hzvjpwS.gif

A year and a half. Wow.

To be honest, I sometimes wonder if a worldwide update strategy would work better for runescape than gradual reconstruction. I think I would enjoy a complete graphical refurbishment of a few areas every week as much as typical gameplay content, especially given that much gameplay content I can't play whereas I have unlocked most of the areas in the game.

Another thing that also often surprises me is that Jagex is often using graphical updates on their release clients months before we get them: for example, we can see screenshots of the grand tree on the main page now and the new water was available at the time Deadliest Catch was released but has only been implemented recently.

I'm not an efficienado.

Why does everyone always say that Ardougne was never updated? :s I view today Ardougne still as a newly updated area. The old Ardougne had the old bricks that were used everywhere, except the wall around West Ardougne, which had triangles on its walls which represented barbwire-like stuff.

Why does everyone always say that Ardougne was never updated? :s I view today Ardougne still as a newly updated area. The old Ardougne had the old bricks that were used everywhere, except the wall around West Ardougne, which had triangles on its walls which represented barbwire-like stuff.

I don't think anyone meant "Never" updated. What we meant was that they haven't done nearly as much work on Ardougne as they have on edgeville, varrock, and falador.

This makes sense considering the volume of players in the areas they update vs the volume of people who go to Ardougne. But the fact that massive reworks of varrock have been done several times since the last massive rework of Ardougne.. it is confusing. Sure, lots of textures and small things have changed (and are changing much of the time). but.. it hasn't been as big a spectacle as when large free-to-play accessible areas get updated.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Why does everyone always say that Ardougne was never updated? :s I view today Ardougne still as a newly updated area.

You're 100%, it was updated...in 2008. Around the same time RuneScape HD was released.

hzvjpwS.gif

It was on the same day as HD, together with Al Kharid and Lumbridge. Falador was only once updated (and I think the first to get updated), from the normal gray bricks (which was funny, because back then it was already called the white city) to what we have now, although those newly added ruins at the north gate may be an indication that we'll get a graphics change in Falador soon.

But indeed, consistency is one of the concepts Jagex is also not capable of. Not only graphics wise, but take a look at all the different interfaces within the game. Almost every project gets an interface which is solely build up from the grounds for only that project.

Actually, if you look at the most recent update, they did take the time to force all of the most publicly used interfaces to comply, with mixed results, using the loyalty rewards interface, and the less recent update with the chat system, reaching as far as the oldest content. It will take them quite a while to fix what you essentially asked for, even though it's not what you wanted, was shoved out partially formed, and has probably caused countless glitches across the board, although you could blame that on them for creating so many separate and inconsistently coded systems side by side in the first place.

Personally I approve of them sticking to the most frequented areas because they always dress up the event areas (we don't get to see a LICK of any of the deathcon features in normal citadels, which ends up wasting a ton of work on "once only" featured areas), and I'd rather have them pretty up the places I hang out at rather than some backwater like the gnome stronghold or dorgeshkaan, as nice as it would be.

8f14270694.jpg

Actually, if you look at the most recent update, they did take the time to force all of the most publicly used interfaces to comply, with mixed results, using the loyalty rewards interface, and the less recent update with the chat system, reaching as far as the oldest content. It will take them quite a while to fix what you essentially asked for, even though it's not what you wanted, was shoved out partially formed, and has probably caused countless glitches across the board, although you could blame that on them for creating so many separate and inconsistently coded systems side by side in the first place.

To be honest, it's to be expected. Andrew has stated himself numerous times in the past that Runescape's lifespan was never meant to be this long. Considering the age and current size of the game, if they wanted to graphically overhaul the entire game (including graphics, UI, menus etc) in one go it would take them a long ass time.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'd say Yanille is probably the most neglected major city in the game. Anything south or west of it looks pretty bad as well. It still basically looks the same as it did when it first released just with better textures.

Sylpheed.png

Things like destroying the rogue's den and building the flash powder factory over it is a pretty effective way of doing remodeling, if not burdened by the flawed implementation.

EDIT: in response to the above edit, I'd like to point out that when they remodeled the ogres, they also redid the zogre area, but other than that most of the area remains untouched.

8f14270694.jpg

To be honest, it's to be expected. Andrew has stated himself numerous times in the past that Runescape's lifespan was never meant to be this long. Considering the age and current size of the game, if they wanted to graphically overhaul the entire game (including graphics, UI, menus etc) in one go it would take them a long ass time.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'd say Yanille is probably the most neglected major city in the game. Anything south or west of it looks pretty bad as well. It still basically looks the same as it did when it first released just with better textures.

Well, I find it odd that with RuneTek5 they didn't streamline a lot of the code of the menus etc, as one of the main reasons of RuneTek5 was to stabilize the game, because a lot of code was very outdated and not in touch with the standards that were found in recenter work.

Well, I find it odd that with RuneTek5 they didn't streamline a lot of the code of the menus etc, as one of the main reasons of RuneTek5 was to stabilize the game, because a lot of code was very outdated and not in touch with the standards that were found in recenter work.

It seems that much of the underlying code for the UI is extremely outdated. This week's game update FAQ about the fullscreen skill guides just shows us how bad the UI code is.

"This is not a design decision, it is a game engine limitation. We had to change the way fullsize interfaces, such as the new skillguides and the loyalty shop, work due to engine memory issues. I can experiment with it again, but all my previous attempts resulted blowing up our test servers. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, I've noticed since the bot sweep that RuneScape is becoming less and less stable on my computer, lagging more and more.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So I'm not alone? It seems every since the Nuke, I've been getting 10-15 fps at best. In some areas, say the Jadinko Lair, my framerate inexplicably drops to ~5, making it neigh unplayable. And don't tell me it's the graphics! I've tried turning them down to the bare minimum, and it doesn't help whatsoever.

Something tells me when I finally get my gaming PC later this month, it'll run Skyrim on high settings at a better framerate than Runescape on the lowest...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

So I'm not alone? It seems every since the Nuke, I've been getting 10-15 fps at best. In some areas, say the Jadinko Lair, my framerate inexplicably drops to ~5, making it neigh unplayable. And don't tell me it's the graphics! I've tried turning them down to the bare minimum, and it doesn't help whatsoever.

Something tells me when I finally get my gaming PC later this month, it'll run Skyrim on high settings at a better framerate than Runescape on the lowest...

try not playing runescape with a microwave

queste.png303/324

It happens in many builts independently of how good the hardware is. A friend of mine had to stop playing after the bot nuke because his fps dropped from a steady 30+ to 5~10.

crossed_body.png

Mines seems to actually running a bit smoother after this bot nuke, the last one knocked me down to 5 fps up until last week, where i'm back up to 14 fps (not the best but works for me!)

Though I have noticed the lag spikes, not that fun!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

My microwave can still play RuneScape on high settings, so please don't use your cheap GE model as a benchmark for all microwaves. My computer that can play all of my other games maxed out, however, still cannot play RuneScape without lagging in cities unless I turn the graphics down. Jagex should upgrade RuneScape from Java to UNITY. It is also a browser based engine and requires minimal download.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

But...but...then I'd have to move away from my computer to get something to eat. :ohnoes:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

But...but...then I'd have to move away from my computer to get something to eat. :ohnoes:

that's... actually a good idea

someone invent a laptop microwave please

queste.png303/324

that's... actually a good idea

someone invent a laptop microwave please

Technology is evolving

hzvjpwS.gif

While the amount of lag increased a lot, I also experience a lot of whitescreens and game disconnections, just while doing something repetitive as chopping ivy. :s

My fps drops to below 1 in Varrock, and I crash when I open the ge interface ;.;

My fps fell from 30-40 FPS to 1-10 after the bot nuke. Thought Jagex would fix it, but they didn't. Now I have a new computer that runs the game steadily at 60FPS, but I can't forget how unplayable the game got. A shame some people still can't play RS because of the nuke.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I noticed a slight drop like the first few weeks of the bot nuke, but now I get around 20-25 on my 4 year old desktop pc and a stable 30 fps on my 6 months old laptop.