Cowman_133

Future Update Discussions

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Makes sense, still doesn't really fix its problematic-ness though in my book.

From the perspective of a new player:

You land in Ashdale and are playing this tutorial - this must be the present and what is happening now.

Moving beyond the tutorial there's no sense of time passing or a leap forward but all of a sudden you are having flashbacks to things that happened in the past.

There's sort of an inbuilt conflict there where what you assume to be 'present' playing in a linear line from starting the game suddenly somehow has a flashback past that kinda contradicts how the 'present' started because there is nothing to indicate that ~1 year lapses between the tutorial and where you actually begin.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

According to Mod Kelpie on Twitter, the Divination update has been pushed back to May. Guessing next week will be skill capes of mastery and ninja fixes.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

According to Mod Kelpie on Twitter, the Divination update has been pushed back to May. Guessing next week will be skill capes of mastery and ninja fixes.

Just to add a bit on, Divination update planned as the main update during the first week in May.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Just to add a bit on, Divination update planned as the main update during the first week in May.

Honestly I don't think I like much of the elder energy stuff. I hope there is more to it than xp rates and conversion to other energies.

I wonder what the line up is for may.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

8k4HM.png

:rolleyes:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

It's Mod Balance though ...

If Jagex finally does take action though that's going to be pretty swell.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[hide=Mod balance multilogging]

8k4HM.png
:rolleyes:

[/hide]

May I ask what he's answering to here?

So expect peoole to be not allowed to log into both games?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'll get the QFC when I can actually load RSOF, it should be one of Balance's more recent posts though.

On the topic of multilogging.

That would hurt their income a ton, there's a lot of players that multilog both, so I doubt that. There's too many possible scenarios for multilogging...

Example 1:

I'm hosting a TMHT event, my friends list is full, so I have to add people on my alt to allow them to use coinshare.

That's multilogging, yes, but in a way that's required to actually host an event, as I know pretty much everyone on my friend's list, and I don't want to have to unadd people who might want to talk to me.

Example 2:

Divination's boring as hell, I don't really like 07scape, and I'd rather be training a second RS3 account, so I do.

I'm going to assume no account interaction for this example, what's the issue with it? I have 2 accounts, each one is trained independantly, on seperate worlds. Maybe I'll share a few friends added on both accounts, but that's a convenience to allow people to contact me if I'm only logged into one of them.

Example 3:

Something I've heard is occurring, people making use of ~15 alt accounts, all with membership to basically bypass GE limits, and to allow mass amounts of income every day from merchanting.

In this case the accounts are interacting, so it would actually be in breach of rules, however the person is paying for membership on all of these accounts.

Example 4:

A lurer making use of an alternate account to avoid getting his/her main banned, possibly giving it a partyhat or something to entice people into going along with it.

Clearly wrong, and the interaction obviously shouldn't be happening, account interaction probably takes place too.

Example 5:

Refer a friendalternate account you just gave 2 bonds to for a week of 10% extra xp.

Loads of people have abused this, because it's worth doing for buyables when going for 99. It's also a source of income for Jagex, as they get £7 off the bonds used.

Example 6:

Best word for it? Mass-bot goldfarming. ~30 accounts logged in at the same IP all doing <insert bottable task here>

Against the rules, major scale botting, and making use of the ability to multilog to increase the effectiveness of using said bot.

All of these are Mutlilogging- some more serious than others. It's just silly that they try and combine it all into one rule when there is times when it's actually required for practicality. There are obviously some instances where it's clearly against the rules, mainly when combined with other ones. But personally I see no issue with making having multiple accounts online, if they're all yours why should it be an issue that the wealth is shared among them?

This probably needs a separate thread...

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Personally I think they need to either ban trust trades used to convert 07 to rs3 items and vice versa, or make multilogging both games against the rules. I'd prefer

they do the latter but one of them needs to be made against the rules.

Also, here's the post that Balance was responding to: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=1HyeNCpSQjc/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?278,279,789,65349709

In summary, a player wanted clarification because another post hadn't been responded to by a J mod. The other post mentioned that a live streamer talked about how he was alching on one account while slaying on another. The post wanted to know if multi-logging was ok as long as the accounts didn't interact and if not then why was Jagex allowing streamers to get away with it.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I'll get the QFC when I can actually load RSOF, it should be one of Balance's more recent posts though.

On the topic of multilogging.

That would hurt their income a ton, there's a lot of players that multilog both, so I doubt that. There's too many possible scenarios for multilogging...

Example 1:

I'm hosting a TMHT event, my friends list is full, so I have to add people on my alt to allow them to use coinshare.

That's multilogging, yes, but in a way that's required to actually host an event, as I know pretty much everyone on my friend's list, and I don't want to have to unadd people who might want to talk to me.

Example 2:

Divination's boring as hell, I don't really like 07scape, and I'd rather be training a second RS3 account, so I do.

I'm going to assume no account interaction for this example, what's the issue with it? I have 2 accounts, each one is trained independantly, on seperate worlds. Maybe I'll share a few friends added on both accounts, but that's a convenience to allow people to contact me if I'm only logged into one of them.

Example 3:

Something I've heard is occurring, people making use of ~15 alt accounts, all with membership to basically bypass GE limits, and to allow mass amounts of income every day from merchanting.

In this case the accounts are interacting, so it would actually be in breach of rules, however the person is paying for membership on all of these accounts.

Example 4:

A lurer making use of an alternate account to avoid getting his/her main banned, possibly giving it a partyhat or something to entice people into going along with it.

Clearly wrong, and the interaction obviously shouldn't be happening, account interaction probably takes place too.

Example 5:

Refer a friendalternate account you just gave 2 bonds to for a week of 10% extra xp.

Loads of people have abused this, because it's worth doing for buyables when going for 99. It's also a source of income for Jagex, as they get £7 off the bonds used.

Example 6:

Best word for it? Mass-bot goldfarming. ~30 accounts logged in at the same IP all doing <insert bottable task here>

Against the rules, major scale botting, and making use of the ability to multilog to increase the effectiveness of using said bot.

All of these are Mutlilogging- some more serious than others. It's just silly that they try and combine it all into one rule when there is times when it's actually required for practicality. There are obviously some instances where it's clearly against the rules, mainly when combined with other ones. But personally I see no issue with making having multiple accounts online, if they're all yours why should it be an issue that the wealth is shared among them?

This probably needs a separate thread...

It did always strike me as daft to have it all under 1 rule, I mean even a family playing at the same time as far as Jagex can see is multilogging.

To me, looking at those examples.

1 ought to be fine and allowable, unless they fix coinshare/friend chats to kind of use an independent membership list functionality.

2 doesn't really do any harm, but personally I don't think it ought to be allowed - just to me if you are playing the game you should be there playing it, not on another account.

3 definitely ought to be against the rules under market manipulation

4 definitely ought to be against the rules under self-interaction + luring ought to be a rule break in of itself.

5 I think kinda technically ought to fall under the same as 4 and is arguably ethically wrong, but I don't think its a rule break anyone is really going to care about.

6 of course definitely rule break and a law break in many ways, but macroing and rwt more than multi-logging.

Really in essence many of the issues of multi logging could be covered by other rules (rwt, macro) and the few others would be better covered by more targetted rules (no interaction (direct or indirect) between your own accounts, no market manipulation etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah maybe a new thread... where is jerinoob?

My beautiful discussion update thread is being overrun!

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

There are already some very famous players/streamers who have openly multi-logged on stream and have even been caught by Jagex Moderators and nothing has happened to them (well one of them got their account 'force-logged' and a verbal warning). These streamers were AFKing castle wars on their main account in order to get trimmed, while using their alt account to do stuff like Vorago and make loads of money to then ship off to their main so they could get 200M. Basically trying to bypass certain natural limits, and doing more stuff than they normally could with one account (obviously if you're at castle wars, then you can't be at Rago, on one account, so they made other alts). If that isn't an abuse of multi-logging, then I don't know what is. Yet these people, at least one famous example, whom I won't mention, have not been banned, and J-Mods are aware of this, and have actually shown to their parties for 200M stats and celebrated with them, and fawned all over them. 

I could really make a whole thread about this sort of stuff, this stuff being that I don't think Jagex really cares about much of the rules (some exceptions, such as botting), or even game balance, if you're a famous player. It's only a problem if normal/average players can do it. 

Example 1:

RS Companion

Mod rowley confirmed that he just finished writing some lore about Loarnab in upcoming content in may. I believe its safe to assume its the other zaros quest that rewards the ultimate ability.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Mod rowley confirmed that he just finished writing some lore about Loarnab in upcoming content in may. I believe its safe to assume its the other zaros quest that rewards the ultimate ability.

I would not say its at all certain what content it would come with.

Could be Mahjaratt, could be dragonrider, could be dragonkin, could be time travel concept they had tied to 1st age, could be any random content that happens to uncover something from his existence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Could be Mahjaratt, could be dragonrider, could be dragonkin, could be time travel concept they had tied to 1st age, could be any random content that happens to uncover something from his existence.

Yea, it could be a quest, but it seems a bit late in the game to be adding new information for a quest.

Yea, it could be a quest, but it seems a bit late in the game to be adding new information for a quest.

Just to play into the devils advocate game here...

Zaros = high level player god

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

By late in the game, I meant late in the development of the quest. Sorry was using a phrase that is easy to misinterpret. What I'm saying with is that I think for a quest due out in May all the dialogue and stuff should be pretty much finalized by now.

By late in the game, I meant late in the development of the quest. Sorry was using a phrase that is easy to misinterpret. What I'm saying with is that I think for a quest due out in May all the dialogue and stuff should be pretty much finalized by now.

Twitter evidence would disagree with this.

There's plenty of examples of Jmods finalising dialogue/text in the week before launch - after all strictly speaking text doesn't need bug testing and can't break the game and it's not like Jagex doesn't have typo fixes in nearly every patch notes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Twitter evidence would disagree with this.

There's plenty of examples of Jmods finalising dialogue/text in the week before launch - after all strictly speaking text doesn't need bug testing and can't break the game and it's not like Jagex doesn't have typo fixes in nearly every patch notes.

We could actually have a quest dipping ever so slightly into the lore involving infernal demons and their work with zaros. That would be just enough to cover Loarnab lore, too since he was captured and consumed for energy. His energy was used to fuel a gate from one of the first worlds created to the last world.

Edit: A Souls Bane (ASB) could be altered, reworked or built on to conclude Loarnabs death. What happened to Tolna and the multiheaded nightmare could be explained. I would suspect that the rift would have been the risidual leftovers from Loarnabs prison the effects a mixture of Loarnabs remaining energies.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

BmDwHVgCUAEAQaU.jpg

Ability to use bank via Companion to be added... Soon to have GE access too. :thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Only checking I suppose?

updating offers would be so nice

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Only checking I suppose?

updating offers would be so nice

You can already check offers on it, actual access to do stuff to offers is whats in the works.

Plv6Dz6.jpg