Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

wut. they're going to remove the raised shoulders? I [bleep]ing love that part. Idk why. I just think it looks boss as hell :\

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

those capes actually look like capes

So?

I don't care if they don't look like what a cape "should" look like, or what a "normal" cape looks like - I love them for what they are. Their uniqueness appealed to me and made me want to get 99 in that skill.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well, Treasure Hunter is throwing up more stars, lamps, skill outfit pieces, etc.., just in time for Double XP weekend!  Save your keys for reset :P. Details here.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

those capes actually look like capes

So?

I don't care if they don't look like what a cape "should" look like, or what a "normal" cape looks like - I love them for what they are. Their uniqueness appealed to me and made me want to get 99 in that skill.

Erm I was not responding to you. I was just stating that I thought that they finally made the skillcapes look like real capes ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

They look good for sure, would be a bit easier to judge if they hadn't gone with a black cape on an all black outfit though!

Hard to really see how it fits around the shoulders and front in terms of edges etc.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

wut. they're going to remove the raised shoulders? I [bleep]ing love that part. Idk why. I just think it looks boss as hell :\

There is a reason behind that. It was clipping and glitching through a lot of modern armour. If they were adding it to the new designs, it might break the cape again and 'float' behind it once more, a problem they were aiming to address in this upgrade.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up at some point, but apparently some people have been getting those heavily discussed Lucky Chaotics after losing their Chaotics due to DC's and stuff like that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2wtjqm/so_i_got_this/cotylew

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Shouldn't they be called Unlucky chaotics if you currently can only get them by losing gear to something random and out of your control?

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Would also like to see a Dragon Dragon.

I honestly don't see how that would make any sense since a dragon bar doesn't exist.

Nor do I think it should exist since making dragon items smithable will eliminate what made them special. And that's the fact that you can only get them by special circumstances.

Black items are also unsmithable, though I wouldn't call them special since they are between steel and mithril when it comes to power and defense.

I honestly don't see how that would make any sense since a dragon bar doesn't exist.

Nor do I think it should exist since making dragon items smithable will eliminate what made them special. And that's the fact that you can only get them by special circumstances.

Black items are also unsmithable, though I wouldn't call them special since they are between steel and mithril when it comes to power and defense.

Most of the early dragon items are simply bought from shops, and the newer ones are almost exclusively monster drops. They were never really special, it's just that a lot of them were the best for a while, and so gained a reputation they didn't deserve.

The biggest difference between black items and dragon items is that dragon gear was actually good at one point.

Most of the early dragon items are simply bought from shops, and the newer ones are almost exclusively monster drops. They were never really special, it's just that a lot of them were the best for a while, and so gained a reputation they didn't deserve.

The biggest difference between black items and dragon items is that dragon gear was actually good at one point.

By that logic all items that are bought from shops or are monster drops are not special items.

You do realize that most items, including the best ones, are either monster drops or bought in shops, right?

You do realize that most items, including the best ones, are either monster drops or bought in shops, right?

Which makes dragon items, being just like everything else, not special.

All dragon items had special attacks, and most of them were the best or close to it at some point. They're special in the way that they worked, similar to the Ivandis flail's permanent buff based on your vampyre kills, or Balmung/Keris' damage bonus against specific creatures. There's nothing special about killing a monster, and instead of getting 627 coins, or 2 lobsters, you get a dragon shield half.

We don't know anything about 'dragon' items aside from them being red metal.

For all we know, it could be some kind of ancient metal the Dragonkin worked with, and they could have infused the metal with a dragon like the others. Heck, it might not even be called 'dragon' at all

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Which makes dragon items, being just like everything else, not special.

All dragon items had special attacks, and most of them were the best or close to it at some point. They're special in the way that they worked, similar to the Ivandis flail's permanent buff based on your vampyre kills, or Balmung/Keris' damage bonus against specific creatures. There's nothing special about killing a monster, and instead of getting 627 coins, or 2 lobsters, you get a dragon shield half.

That still doesn't mean dragon should be smithable though.

That would make money making far too easy.

And before anybody points out that dragon platebody can be smithed keep in mind that I'm talking about in general not just one item.

That and the fact that we're out of room in the smithing table to put Dragon items. Although as they float closer to alch price, I wonder how much of a difference it would really make if the respective monsters dropped some sort of material that could be smithed into certain dragon items rather than the items itself...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That and the fact that we're out of room in the smithing table to put Dragon items. Although as they float closer to alch price, I wonder how much of a difference it would really make if the respective monsters dropped some sort of material that could be smithed into certain dragon items rather than the items itself...

I can easily make 1,000 steel platebodies within an hour. Heck, I think I can even make them within 30 minutes.

Just imagine how ridiculously easily it would be to make money if you could make dragon daggers that quick.

18,000 Coins might not be a lot, but it is.

But also think of the higher level items to make with dragon bars.

It's not even funny how easy it would be to make money off the dragon bars.

I can easily make 1,000 steel platebodies within an hour. Heck, I think I can even make them within 30 minutes.

Just imagine how ridiculously easily it would be to make money if you could make dragon daggers that quick.

if it took you 10 minutes to get a bar, 2 bars for a dagger, that 18k is pointless

baileydafrog.png

If dragon bars were dropped at the same rarity as say, chewed bones from mithrils, there wouldn't be an issue

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Well supply and demand would dictate that they level out at an appropriate price. Otherwise, as you say, people will bid them up and smith like crazy until it adjusts accordingly. It was just an idea though, maybe make it require a super-hot (expensive) furnace or something...there is room for creativity, isn't there? ;)

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png