Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Alas, the T90 magic defender looks weird and won't look good with seismic and tectonic, or even primeval.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

about: skillers not liking risk

it's less about not wanting to risk dying/death and more about skilling having worse/useless rewards that don't scale with risk (bakriminel bolts cough cough), and risk of death/dying usually involving combat as opposed to noncombat based environmental factors or versus the noncombat ability of other skillers

for instance, you can have an area with very unstable structural integrity, then have teams who have to bring in special equipment (that costs money to replace) in order to get to resources, but there's a limited number of spots to get that resource, and when that resource is taken, it causes the tunnels in all of the other areas to collapse. there could also be various other things in the caves you could do to slow down other teams or speed up progress for your own.

edit: to provide a vector of constitution that doesn't rely on HP, all participants have to wear protective suits, which will also have durability meters, like the equipment. judgement calls will have to be made as far as picking what to do in a given situation in order to ensure that there is enough durability left to successfully reach the end of the tunnel without losing to another team or failing the expedition otherwise

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

* 9th/10th: Invention

Invention Catch-up

* 50% base XP increase in Guthixian Cache

* Enriched spawns every 10mins instead of every 20

* Double the supply of Battlestaves in stores and rewards

* All Chromatic Dragons drop an extra hide on top of whatever drops

* Ithell Harps have a reduced chance at going out of tune

* Double XP and reputation at Artisan's Workshop. - Not Ironman

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been gone 8 weeks and I'll be honest, I really don't want to read through a lot of pages of this thread

I heard Invention is releasing like, the 25th of January? Cool stuff, I'll be home again then.

What should I be doing before I go back on January 3rd to prepare for getting home January ~21st? I know that sounds confusing but yeah :P

Also, I heard I really didn't miss much the last 8-9 weeks. A quest or two was really the most of it I guess? 

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

The thing with stockpiling for invention is we aren't even really sure how much or what is gonna be super worth stock piling.

Some stuff they mentioned when speaking of perks etc suggested if u make a bad one u dismantle it and get materials back.

Stuff to do with xp gain suggests using augmented items is a large part of getting xp.

Both of which feed into the idea we won't necessarily be needing to burn huge amounts of resource -  especially if we assume the 'big spend' resources will be the ones that can be gotten from lower stuff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

>Max early december

>fall in love with boss portals

>jk guys invention is a skill again

>try not to cry

>cry a lot

At least it seems they've made up their mind.

So what would you guys recommend I be picking up?

Honestly for a returning player: nothing. You are already techincally "behind" in terms of gear and supplies for how long you've been inactive. That needs to be your priority. Anything else could be a catastrophic investment right now.

hzvjpwS.gif

They made their mind up quite a few months ago that it was going to be an elite skill and effect max, comp etc. Like since early the first half of the year it has been an established fact that invention was gonna be a skill again.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

>Max early december

>fall in love with boss portals

>jk guys invention is a skill again

>try not to cry

>cry a lot

At least it seems they've made up their mind.

So what would you guys recommend I be picking up?

Honestly for a returning player: nothing. You are already techincally "behind" in terms of gear and supplies for how long you've been inactive. That needs to be your priority. Anything else could be a catastrophic investment right now.

It is not certain that Max Guild will be locked again if gained access prior the release of a new skill. It might be very well possible that once access is gained, it is open. Just like HLF.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It is not certain that Max Guild will be locked again if gained access prior the release of a new skill. It might be very well possible that once access is gained, it is open. Just like HLF.

It will lock.

The def/hp reset thing proves it - once your not max total level you can't open that door and they already said there will be no grace period or concessions on comp/max so no reason to assume they won't put that total level check up immediately.

HLF is totally different because it is a manually done thing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It will lock.

The def/hp reset thing proves it - once your not max total level you can't open that door and they already said there will be no grace period or concessions on comp/max so no reason to assume they won't put that total level check up immediately.

HLF is totally different because it is a manually done thing.

I kinda wish they would clean up HLF access as well like 3 months after release of a new skill....

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...