Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Can't wait. Vampyre series has always been my favourite. Is the same person as before making it? That was what the problem with Salt in the Wound.

Nope mod tytn doesn't work at jagex anymore so there is new person making this quest.

I'm going to really miss that guy :(

Name seems familiar for awesome things. What did he do?

Among other things, Shilo Village, Legends' Quest, While Guthix Sleeps.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Can't wait. Vampyre series has always been my favourite. Is the same person as before making it? That was what the problem with Salt in the Wound.

Nope mod tytn doesn't work at jagex anymore so there is new person making this quest.

I'm going to really miss that guy :(

Name seems familiar for awesome things. What did he do?

Among other things, Shilo Village, Legends' Quest, While Guthix Sleeps.

And part of "the path of the glouphire" (Prophecy)

Infected human becomes the hunched over weak Vampyre Juvenile.

It then develops more vampyric nature and becomes a juvenite lossing all humanity.

Juvenites then progress into vyrewatch becoming more animalistic and gaining many of the vampyre powers (eg the slight future vision that flail combats)

Finally the high ups re-gain a humanoid form that they can swap to opposed to the vyrewatch form and more self- as seen in all 3 Drakan's and Vanstrom Klaustrom or w/e his name is.

This sounds awfully familiar...

ichigo-hollow2-copie.png

Popoto.~<3

Yeah, I'm not sure were the proof Jagex is a sinking ship comes from, people used to say the same back in 2004 though when they first advertised with miniclip.

Marketing changes warrant the end apparently.

Jagex isn't a sinking ship in monetary terms, but in terms of quality they certainly are sinking.

crossed_body.png

320082_10150368224941729_59261801728_9696126_2113390_n.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Hm, proof that Darkmeyer is a new city and not just a graphical redesign of Meiyerditch!

Not really.

It's been in the lore for ages Darkmeyer = vampyre city

Meiyerditch = the slum-like area on the edge of Darkmeyer where they farm humans for blood tithes.

Meiyerditch is just a borough of the city as a whole; like how in real-life where I am in uni at Nottingham you have areas like Lenton, West Bridgford, Clifton that are self-named yet still a part of the city of Nottingham; or how Manhattan, Brooklyn are part of New York City.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Darkmeyer is that fairly empty area north of the slums you can't access yet. Meiyerditch is the slums and the Sanguinesti Region includes Darkmeyer and Meiyerditch as a whole.

If it is a never before seen city then Jagex is stupid for adding content and not filling it out

queste.png303/324

I think Darkmeyer is that fairly empty area north of the slums you can't access yet. Meiyerditch is the slums and the Sanguinesti Region includes Darkmeyer and Meiyerditch as a whole.

If it is a never before seen city then Jagex is stupid for adding content and not filling it out

Lore says Darkmeyer is the northern part of the city and meiryditch the southern. Plus Drakan's castle is in that northern area and he is like "king" of the city and lives in Darkmeyer; though a lot of people expect the city will also expand east and it'll be more darkmeyer or a further slum-area, perhaps where the icyene are or the original city of Hallowvale; since the ramshackle nature of Meiyerditch and lack of any major ruins of a grand city suggests it was not part of Hallowvale itself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lore says Darkmeyer is the northern part of the city and meiryditch the southern. Plus Drakan's castle is in that northern area and he is like "king" of the city and lives in Darkmeyer; though a lot of people expect the city will also expand east and it'll be more darkmeyer or a further slum-area, perhaps where the icyene are or the original city of Hallowvale; since the ramshackle nature of Meiyerditch and lack of any major ruins of a grand city suggests it was not part of Hallowvale itself.

No, Sy, for once I think you have misunderstood something - according to Runescape Wikia Meiyerditch is the new name for the city of Hallowvale.

Meiyerditch (pronounced"My-err-ditch"[1]), formerly known as Hallowvale, is Morytania's largest city and part of the Sanguinesti Region.

The city of Darkmeyer is situated to the east of "downtown" Meiyerditch - to access it you would have to go through the eastern gates.

In the In Aid of the Myreque quest, the player finds three interesting books in the hidden library at Paterdomus. One of them (Modern day Morytania) tells you that there is in fact a second, and perhaps larger, city in the Sanguinesti region that is not in ruins. Darkmeyer may be where Drakan is lurking, because he is not mentioned by any important people of Meiyerditch. The large castle at the east of the city may be the gate to Darkmeyer. During Branches of Darkmeyer, the city is visited.

I hope this clears thing up a little :rolleyes:

I've always figured that Darkmeyer was in the north, however there is that large gate to the east, who know's what's past that.

May I recommend that you read the info from Runescape.wikia about Hallowvale Meiyerditch and Darkmeyer - I just did and it's quite an interesting read.

I've always figured that Darkmeyer was in the north, however there is that large gate to the east, who know's what's past that.

May I recommend that you read the info from Runescape.wikia about Hallowvale Meiyerditch and Darkmeyer - I just did and it's quite an interesting read.

And may I advise you to not take the things on runescape wiki 100% as facts, it can be edited by everyone and has countless of things on it which aren't true at all.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Oh, I'd better catch up on my lore then. It's been forever since LoS lol.

Wait, the dragonkin castle doesn't look like the 'gate' at all.

The cutscene is 1 year older than the area itself ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

And may I advise you to not take the things on runescape wiki 100% as facts, it can be edited by everyone and has countless of things on it which aren't true at all.

Upppsss, my mistake - I wasn't aware of this, however, from what I have read so far it makes good sense.

I'd like to point out all of what I said came from actual in-game lore and some theorising based on reasonable assumption. Not random made-up facts that appear on rs wiki.

I'd say given the suggested grandeur of Hallowvale it is perfectly reasonable to assume Meiyerditch itself isn't part of the original city. Everything about it is a purpose built ghetto imprisonment. The original city would of had a gate and stone buildings and statues and all sorts that the meiyerditch area just completely lacks, there's no even ruins to evidence such structures. And there is no lore to 100% say meiyerditch was hallowvale, just its in that region. In fact lore does mention a refugee camp outside hallowvale that was later enslaved and tithed, which fits much better with meiyerditch than the idea of it being the city itself does; though it could also be burgh de rott or mort'ton.

Plus it is 100% in game factual lore Drakan took over Hallowvale and Drakan now rules Darkmeyer so darkmeyer = hallowvale and its 100% in-game fact that darkmeyer is north of meiyerditch.

Oh and as for the east gate being the dragonkin castle, personally I don't buy into it. No real evidence for dragonkin being in that area and the fact the most powerful dragons are all more western suggests so were dragonkin, afterall they made dragons to defend themselves. I just think it may be a architectural similarity due to prior allegiances; the castle ruins in wildy with dragonkin logos certainly suggests Zaros links and early zaros > zammy converts (eg drakan) probably retained much of the building styles.

And it is true since it first came out its similarities have been minimised to be a distinctly different building.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh, I'd better catch up on my lore then. It's been forever since LoS lol.

Wait, the dragonkin castle doesn't look like the 'gate' at all.

The cutscene is 1 year older than the area itself ;)

I have to agree with @Hedgehog - the last time I was visiting Meiyerditch and stood right beside that eastern gate it didn't look like the Dragokin Castle.

As far as I can remember it was made from very large block of stone - a truly impressive gatehouse.