Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Cowman_133

Future Update Discussions

what if the 6 characters from Temple Trekking helped you in the quest? they have a vested interest in that region and by the time you get them all to 99 you could have formed some sort of emotional attachment to them meaning you might actually care if they get killed...

needless to say, if you've never done Temple Trekking they will all be level 1 and get owned instantly, whereas the quest would be much easier if you'd taken the time to help them all train to level 99...

Hi

I have actually also thought of this too - as you say the characters have an interest in the region and one does tend to get abit emotionally atteched to the characters while trying to level them up.

However, I see the problem for players who don't play Temple Trekking as they, as you have said, will have a party of level one characters.

If Jagex made a quest like this then they would be spammed by players whinning about the unfairness in that they have to play a mini-game (which they don't want to) in order to be able to solve the quest easy.

But none the less I think it is a good idea.

Also no way that smiddi, jayene and dean would be used. The lore behind them is that they are escaping burgh de rott with your help.

Pazuzu, Zachory and Rolayne on the other hand may be as they are going down there to help the fight.

Can I trade Zachory in for either Jayenne or Dean? Then I'd be happy. Rolayne's a badass [bleep], and Pazuzu's awesome, but I hate Zachory.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Teaser%2026-Aug-2011.jpg

Harnessing the power of the darkmeyer tree using a connect four machine? It's like a really bad and elaborate episode of batman.

Pretty sure that is twister.

"But there is no color.."

Yeah because the Vampyres use the tree to change the color of the board. To make matters worse it is random so that it makes it hard for them. Good thing I am awesome at Twister. This quest is as good as done.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

what if the 6 characters from Temple Trekking helped you in the quest? they have a vested interest in that region and by the time you get them all to 99 you could have formed some sort of emotional attachment to them meaning you might actually care if they get killed...

needless to say, if you've never done Temple Trekking they will all be level 1 and get owned instantly, whereas the quest would be much easier if you'd taken the time to help them all train to level 99...

Hi

I have actually also thought of this too - as you say the characters have an interest in the region and one does tend to get abit emotionally atteched to the characters while trying to level them up.

However, I see the problem for players who don't play Temple Trekking as they, as you have said, will have a party of level one characters.

If Jagex made a quest like this then they would be spammed by players whinning about the unfairness in that they have to play a mini-game (which they don't want to) in order to be able to solve the quest easy.

But none the less I think it is a good idea.

Also no way that smiddi, jayene and dean would be used. The lore behind them is that they are escaping burgh de rott with your help.

Pazuzu, Zachory and Rolayne on the other hand may be as they are going down there to help the fight.

Can I trade Zachory in for either Jayenne or Dean? Then I'd be happy. Rolayne's a badass [bleep], and Pazuzu's awesome, but I hate Zachory.

Hi

I can only agree with you, Zachory definitely needs to back to one of the Wizard Towers to brush off his magic skills - I guess he must have slept when the older wizards were teaching "How to easily and effective defeat a ghast."

Teaser%2026-Aug-2011.jpg

Harnessing the power of the darkmeyer tree using a connect four machine? It's like a really bad and elaborate episode of batman.

Pretty sure that is twister.

"But there is no color.."

Yeah because the Vampyres use the tree to change the color of the board. To make matters worse it is random so that it makes it hard for them. Good thing I am awesome at Twister. This quest is as good as done.

Mastermind is what comes to mind for me

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

Giant petri dishes for breeding giant bacteria colonies?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I hate quests a lot, but even I am getting very annoyed with the constant delays for this quest. D: I thought it was supposed to be the 2nd update of the month? According to BTS anyway (I think it was second in line after the Grand Exchange graphic update).

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I cleared my day to do this quest. I'm mad.

I hate quests a lot, but even I am getting very annoyed with the constant delays for this quest. D: I thought it was supposed to be the 2nd update of the month? According to BTS anyway (I think it was second in line after the Grand Exchange graphic update).

It was a bank holiday in the UK today, and no it was not second in the bts it was last: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---august-5

essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

It was a bank holiday in the UK today, and no it was not second in the bts it was last: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---august-5

Erm no.

MONDAY the 29th was bank holiday.

The no game update thread in future updates jsut said it wouldnt be today due to the bank holiday.

Ergo normal week update is tuesday not monday; this week bank holiday makes stuff a day late.

And it is quite clearly third in BTS, with mini-game rewards and edgeville update listed after it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sorry for the mistakes, I am tired and it is near midnight so should be because of that.

essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Here the post from future upd8 rsof

Not Today!

Hi all,

Just to let you know, before some awesome threads meet their fate due to spamming, there will not be a game update today. This is due to the Bank Holiday, extra testing and team moves - it is planned for tomorrow.

In order to get a better insight in to how we organise game updates, we suggest that you read our Upload Manager's blog which can be found here.

Thanks!

Mkay one more day I can live with that.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Erm no.

The no game update thread in future updates jsut said it wouldnt be today due to the bank holiday.

Ergo normal week update is tuesday not monday; this week bank holiday makes stuff a day late.

And it is quite clearly third in BTS, with mini-game rewards and edgeville update listed after it.

Haven't looked at BTS since it came out, my bad. Was sure it was second in like though, but oh well.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Erm no.

Haven't looked at BTS since it came out, my bad. Was sure it was second in like though, but oh well.

Nop, it was really planned to release last week and this week minigame update.

They mixed it up for a couple of reasons. I think its good, you don't want things half tested in game (remember ROW)

This is due to the Bank Holiday, extra testing and team moves

Team moves? what they mean?

My crystal armour idea.

Probably refurbishing or moving to a newer/larger office or something; companys shuffle teams round all the time. My mother's team at work got moved every few years.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Aw ok damn was hoping that they had to do something about team movement in the quest (Read earlier posts about using the 3 adventurers that travel to burgh de rott as helpers in quest)

But what you said sounds more realistic.

My crystal armour idea.

It may also be to do with complacency issues, the more comfortable they are in their surroundings the more people are likely to miss. So the Q&A team must be stuck :twisted:

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

According to the waiting room thread on rsof ETA is after 3pm (uk time)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So two hours minimum then.

Time to kill time.

57c4cd463a.png

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.

I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

actually 1 hour minimum

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Seeing as the prayer potion update is the only thing listed before Bonus xp weekend, I find it kind of hard to give a good teaser image for such a small item.

But you never know.

57c4cd463a.png

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.

I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.