01-Jul-2014 - Pest Control - Improved Rewards

Pest Control just got a whole lot more rewarding, with higher XP returns per commendation – now including Summoning - patches to bolster your Void Knight armour, and more.

There’s also Jessika’s sword – an off-hand companion to Korasi’s sword – buyable with commendations by those who’ve completed The Void Stares Back.

With a range of graphical and quality-of-life improvements too, now’s the perfect time to rejoin the Void Knights’ vigil.

Play RuneScape now, or read on for more information.

How to Start

If you’ve never tried Pest Control, it’s a safe, co-operative combat minigame where you’ll help the Guthixian Void Knights drive back a relentless assault of otherworldly creatures known as the void pests.

To win, you’ll need to destroy four portals that the pests are using to enter Gielinor, or keep a stationary, vulnerable Void Knight alive for 20 minutes by fighting off attackers and repairing defensive structures.

To start, you’ll need at least combat level 50. Speak to the Void Knight squire at Port Sarim docks, or right-click her and select ‘travel’.

You’ll then be taken to the Void Knight Outpost, where you can get on one of three ships – requiring level 50, 100 and 150 combat respectively – which will take you to increasingly difficult versions of the game.

The higher the level of the version you pick, the more commendations you’ll earn to spend on rewards, should you win.

pest_control_concept_art-01110458.jpg

Better Rewards

First up, there’s a chance that you’ll get both a commendation and a Void Knight seal whenever you kill a void pest in the minigame.

Note that you will only receive the seal if you have the inventory space, and the commendation only if you’re not at the limit – although this has been increased to 1000.

Void Knight seals have been made more useful, too – dealing far more damage to void pests than before. They can also be used to teleport to the Void Knight Outpost, at the cost of one charge.

There’s more to buy with your commendations, too:

• Summoning XP can now be purchased with commendations, from level 22. It is earned at the same rate as Prayer XP.
  • The rate of XP gain per commendation has been increased for all skills.
  • Void Knight armour patches can be applied to pieces of regular or elite Void Knight armour, increasing their armour value and life points by 10 levels’ worth. Note that their equip requirements are not changed.
  • Seed, mineral and herb packs now give you a selection of resources in various amounts, with a rare chance to get higher level resources.
  • Those of you who’ve completed The Void Stares Back can buy Jessika’s sword – an off-hand companion to Korasi’s sword – for commendations.
The rewards interface has been clearly organised into four tabs, so all this is easier to find. There’s also an additional rewards vendor by the outpost’s docks.

Note that the Conquest rewards interface has not yet been updated.

Also, the small gold coin reward given for winning a game has been removed - replaced by the increased rewards detailed above.

Better Graphics

The environment of the minigame has been spruced up, with graphical updates to its landscape and to the portals.

Interfaces used during the minigame are better-looking and clearer too, with invulnerable, vulnerable and destroyed portals clearly indicated.

Message text shown when a portal’s status changes is now colour-coded.

Better Play

As well as improving the rewards and looks of Pest Control, we’ve made several other changes to make the game slicker and more enjoyable:

• Wait time to start a match has been reduced to three minutes.
  • Logs for repairing barricades and doors must now be picked up from stockpiles in the minigame area. Only these logs will work, and they cannot leave the minigame.
  • Contribution from repairing barricades and doors has been increased.
  • Portal health, as well as pest stats and life points, have been upped for balancing reasons.
  • Many smaller tweaks and fixes have been made, so the game looks and feels better than ever.
To Battle!

The Void Knights need your help, and you’ll be well rewarded for fighting alongside them. Log into RuneScape now and play Pest Control, and let us know what you think.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• The left-click option has been removed from all legendary and companion pets, to prevent accidental activation of its functions. The functions previously accessed in this way are now available from the familiar button on the action bar.
  • The legendary pet functions accessed via the dialogue box have been reorganised:
    • ‘Scavenge’ and ‘Take to Bank’ are on the first page.
    • Emotes are activated on the second layer of options.
  • A number of improvements have been made to the scavenging function of legendary pets:
    • A failed scavenge will no longer trigger the cooldown.
    • Legendary pets can now scavenge for noted items dropped as loot from enemies. This is selectable in the Pet Scavenge Options interface.
    • The scavenging cooldown has been reduced.
    • The Pet Scavenge Options interface now has a ‘toggle all’ option.
Read the patch notes for full details of today's updates.

Patch Notes

[hide]Graphical:

• An animation issue with shaking box traps has been resolved.
  • Torches in Lumbridge Catacombs are no longer sunk into the ground.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
  • The Deep Sea Fishing override will now work properly with skillchompas.
  • Corrected a typo on The Mime VS The People court summons.
  • The Ancestral Spirits aura no longer prevents players from killing Agoroth.
  • It is no longer possible to teleport out of the Trouble Brewing lobby.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
  • It is now possible to continue the Prisoner of Glouphrie quest after clicking out of conversation after climbing down the sturdy tree.
  • The collapsed door during The Great Brain Robbery quest no longer has an 'Open Door' option.
  • A small typo within the Book of the Underworld has been fixed.
Other:
  • The Gemstone Golem outfits will now give their effects when logging in or switching worlds.
  • Some items which were giving high defensive stats have been corrected.
  • Pre-RS3 accounts no longer have their game world blacked out on their first log-in.
  • Ultra-growth potions now work on calquat trees.
  • The correct state is now shown for Agoroth on the D&D Tracker in the Companion App for free players.
  • The primal kiteshield (b)'s examine info now correctly states that it is a tier-11 weapon.
  • As they don't have any bones, 'rum'-pumped crabs no longer drop any.
  • An issue with rotating customisation previews has been fixed.
  • The Skill Advance Guide for juju gumbo now correctly states that level 68 is needed.
  • Players will no longer get key tokens in Dungeoneering by creating summoning pouches.
  • When killing Blink in Dungeoneering there is no longer a chance that the floor will be impossible to complete.
  • An issue with Tiny Lucien when using the balloon transportation system has been fixed.
  • Ability queuing has been altered to fire abilities at the same rate as Full Manual.
  • Several titles are now previewed correctly in Spanish.
  • The blessed hatchet now states it can be reclaimed from the slayer master in Taverley instead of Burthorpe.
Ninja Fixes:
  • Familiar summon animations have been updated.
  • The textures on the four god swords have been updated.
  • Memories will now be overwritten by enriched ones if the player is harvesting from an enriched wisp.
  • The new kiln capes (ranged & magic) can now be stored in a Keepsake Box.
  • The new kiln capes (ranged & magic) can now be used to attack ice strykewyrms.
  • Basilisk graphics have been updated.
  • The animation of stepping over low obstacles has been updated.
  • The animation played when reading books has been updated.
  • A search option has been added to Diango's item retrieval interface.
  • The Spirit Tree Teleport animation has been updated.
  • It is now possible to close the tool belt interface with the 'escape' key.
  • The incense burners inside of the 'ghost with a key' Dungeoneering room now have left-click 'Add herb' options.
  • 'Drop' is now the default option on fish caught while barbarian fishing.
Engine Fixes:

Hit marks in legacy mode should no longer be out of synch.

[/hide]

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The main update with offhand level 75 weapon with a level 80 requirement are pretty much irrelevant, but...

"Ability queuing has been altered to fire abilities at the same rate as Full Manual."

sounds great if it means less auto attacks with revolution.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

For those people whose camera broke after the update:

Controls => Camera mode => rs3/classic

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• 'Drop' is now the default option on fish caught while barbarian fishing.

YES.

^^^^

• Pre-RS3 accounts no longer have their game world blacked out on their first log-in.

wat, that's why??? LOL

ability queing fixed yeeeeesssss

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

rip queuing sweet prince

4 push p5s every kill now....

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

rip queuing sweet prince

4 push p5s every kill now....

brb, bringing asc switch for p5

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Had 332 commendations leftover and got the new sword after playing a few games. Dual wield Korasi+Jessica looks awesome.

However from the looks of it you'll need 1200 points for Superior void.

3 helms + body/legs/gloves

The new portals need more effects to them. They look like static images.

• Like 1

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

New ability queuing mechanic is so dumb. It fires the ability not when you can next use an ability, but 3 ticks after you queue it! That's horrible. It means, if you don't immediately queue and ability after firing another (and by immediately I mean same tick), then you'll actually hit slower...

I could be wrong, but that's how it feels. Sometimes I don't hit with Binding Shot right after Bombardment, sometimes I do, depending on how soon the abilities are queued, but when I manually do it (i.e., wait for the global cooldown and then activate the ability), I never fail to do it.

edit: Even worse is I can't turn off queuing AND hit a target with an ability first shot--it has to be an autoattack. BLARGH.

Edited by Veiva

ozXHe7P.png

I'm getting a lot of UI lag after today's update. Rubberbanding items when removing them from the bank or selling on the GE, and interfaces momentarily reopening after I've closed them.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Interesting finds...

Runestream cloak - given to players who are streamers. They are obtained with a code.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Runestream_cloak

Also Liber Tea and Sam's Hat must be coming for the 4th of july.

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/obj_sprite.gif?id=31620&.png

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/obj_sprite.gif?id=31619&.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The primal kiteshield (b)'s examine info now correctly states that it is a tier-11 weapon.

Okay.

• Like 4

The primal kiteshield (b)'s examine info now correctly states that it is a tier-11 weapon.

Okay.

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing both these.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Not happy with the queueing fix- and really suffering as I relied on it so much. Pretty sure it's gonna be a while before my Nex solos/Vorago kills are anywhere near as fast as they were pre-update. :wall:

(As for barb fishing dropping now being 1041341341x easier? Brb 99 fishing)

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Can someone post pics of the updated god sword textures?

Same as they used to be, except lower resolution and more blurry texture.

ZGS is probably the only one which looks better than before IMO.

I assume the lp bonuses for this would remain

Doubt it, they specifically said only top end armours (nex, pop and the t90s) would have any lp bonuses.

Superior void doesn't even come close to be that top end.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue