Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

01-Jul-2014 - Pest Control - Improved Rewards

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

i'm more surprised that jessika had anything like a sword

*reads*

oh, well that's just a second korasi's blade, isn't it game

I wonder if it'll boost the special attack or anything

8f14270694.jpg

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

At first reading the patch notes I thought the ability queuing meant they fixed the thing with Concentrated Blast.

Then I tried Pest Control out a few games.

My thresholds would be "queued" but might not even fire off until the portal was already dead, at which point they would just stop glowing and be canceled.

What is this shit? What exactly was intended to be fixed??

2dgucz6.png

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

I think they wanted to lower the damage output we have, to "fix" the game for legacy. -.-

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
The reasoning behind their fix was good, but they forgot that when people queued abilities it wasn't always straight after their previous ability fired off L

They made it so the ability would fire off exactly 3 ticks after you queued it(provided the ability is off cooldown), so if you queue it when you have 1 tick left on its cooldown, then you have to wait 3 ticks instead of 1.

When queuing abilities, the cooldown was meant to be 3 ticks, but abusing the queuing glitch made it so the ability fired off after 2 ticks.
The way they made it means that if you use your abilities the way you would have used them when using the glitch, then the ability would fire off after 3 ticks like normal.

However they forgot that many people queued their abilities at various different times, not right after firing off an ability to abuse the bug.

So basically all the fix does is prevent people from abusing ability queuing glitch while also screwing over every other legitimate user. =D>

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

This makes me not even want to play at the moment. It may not sound that bad at first glance, but to someone who primarily does combat, it certainly is.

I have the most fun when I'm slaying at what I believe to be my fastest. Since picking up Ranged, I've also begun doing a rotation at most Slayer monsters where it's possible:

Basics -> Death's Swiftness -> Basics (probably kills 2-3 Abyssal Demons or Dark Beasts, for example) -> Shadow Tendril (usually 1-hit kill) -> Snapshot (also 1-hit) | Rapid Fire (after Swiftness) -> Basic -> Snapshot -> Basics -> Swiftness (repeat) |

Timed correctly, both those thresholds would be under the effects of Swiftness. This was difficult to do as I use Revolution for a compromise of convenience and that would already previously interfere with timing, meaning I just barely got off those thresholds before Swiftness ended.

Keeping up such a pace constantly is actually rather challenging, but felt rewarding knowing I could kill hundreds of the highest level Slayer monsters in an hour by putting in extra effort... And that's just it. High KPH should be a reward for the extra effort required.

The lag time now with thresholds means that after I have Swiftness active, I'll be able to get out one threshold at best under its duration, and possibly not even on the correct target, or not at full health of the target (massive overkill).

There are so many other areas that it will slow me down at now too. Too many to list. I don't know what "bug" they thought they were fixing but once again they're punishing everybody for what only a small group of people were doing.

2dgucz6.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
The runestream cloak is something someone on the hlf found...

Ryan M is his rsn.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

for the record, it is possible to get commodore tyr to upgrade a superior normal void top/legs to a superior elite void top/legs (he has dialogue option for this), rather than needing to upgrade to elite first than patch it.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

yeah, they covered it on the rsof, it's good both ways

8f14270694.jpg

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

IMO it should just have been obtained as a reward for the quest alongside Korasi's and re-buyable for 250k if lost.

Actual good obtainable stuff to PK with?

jagex wouldn't do that :x

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

At first reading the patch notes I thought the ability queuing meant they fixed the thing with Concentrated Blast.

Then I tried Pest Control out a few games.

My thresholds would be "queued" but might not even fire off until the portal was already dead, at which point they would just stop glowing and be canceled.

What is this shit? What exactly was intended to be fixed??

Yeah now I can't even spamclick my tresholds anymore, lets do ten autoattacks, five shitty basics then fire off the treshold.

woop dee doo nothing registers, everything out of sync. away with the ticksystem.

YAY LEGACY WOO

✿ ♥‿♥)

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

YAY LEGACY WOO

Conspiracy theory of the week: This update was done to make Legacy more appealing, with the ultimate goal of doing away with EoC as a whole

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

phew they're reverting but something along the lines of basics firing off faster when full manual?

trying to find confirmation post but can't find it xD

✿ ♥‿♥)

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

I really dont like the removal of the functionality of queueing.. Really slows down the way the game feels :\

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Mfw glitch allows you to deal 33% more dps anytime anywhere and everyone thinks it's normal and it's a good thing.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Better then my character not listening to my cmds

Now that is frustrating

✿ ♥‿♥)

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Maybe, but that doesn't mean we had to keep that.
They should have actually fixed what caused fast queuing to fire abilitues off early instead of giving us an half-assed fix that breaks nearly everyone's flow.

Now you don't have much choice but to leave queuing off to fight properly, which means back to pre-Feb 2014 where you had to either have exact timing or press the ability's key 2-3 times as its cooldown ends.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Is there any cosmetic difference for applying the patches to the armor?

2dgucz6.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Maybe, but that doesn't mean we had to keep that.
They should have actually fixed what caused fast queuing to fire abilitues off early instead of giving us an half-assed fix that breaks nearly everyone's flow.

Now you don't have much choice but to leave queuing off to fight properly, which means back to pre-Feb 2014 where you had to either have exact timing or press the ability's key 2-3 times as its cooldown ends.

Agreed so much :\

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

Mod Dean said on stream that we might get queuing back

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Mod Dean said on stream that we might get queuing back

Was there any reason for removing it?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users