Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transformers Universe now an open Beta

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
It will, but microtransactions aren't what will make you win, according to this

That's pretty much standard fare for free MMOs

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:Wicked Fury

I'm stuck in the Hangar... can't deploy or recruit any more autobots, even though it's telling me to do it. Can't do anything till I get past that.

Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

Also it's not a MMO; they've also said they wouldn't implement quests and such.

According to Jagex it is;

gallery_3818_453_167716.jpg

I was just going off their website's info. ;)

I've played it a bit and it's ok so far. I'm not sure if I like the PvP aspect too much. From the little I've played it seems that players can attack you any time they want. I haven't died yet so I'm not sure what that is like but hopefully I won't lose anything that I might of collected. I think it has real potential to be a good game, let's just hope Jagex does it right.

Massive difference between MMORPG and MMO(G), TU is definitely an MMO(G).

Fred_S
[ Display Name History ]

Fred_S

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • RSN:Mumfy

Just a guess but some people in this thread would write RIP in peace?
If you are going to use abbreviations you need to know what they stand for. 
MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online
MMORPG = Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game

I'm not a huge transformers fan so i doubt i'll be trying this out any time soon... unless there's a transformer made out of corn.

Flabberwocky
[ Display Name History ]

Flabberwocky

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • RSN:Flabberwocky
  • Clan:36th Chamber

I think the flak they are getting for the $450.00 Founders Package, from a Forbes Article is a bit deserved. The author of the article is right, too:

Any company could try and make more money by selling exclusive content and “honors” at absurdly high prices, but most don’t. Video games are unique because superluxury items have little to no physical cost attached to them. The work and materials that go into making a Bugatti Veyron a million dollar car may very well be worth that price tag, but the same can’t be said for a $500 gold plated virtual robot, which requires developers to do little more than changing a six digit color code. At that point, you’re selling air, and your players will resent you for the attempt. This seems to be mostly an MMO issue, and one that only serves to contribute to the decline of the genre.

I understand things like the tiers of annual subscription packages, which we could drop $99.99 for on RuneScape, but I hope we don't see anything like the Cybernite packages elsewhere anytime soon. Because, knowing how much some of my friends and clanmates love this game, they might pay for it. But I don't think most gamers can afford that, and those who can are either rich or not able to sustain that sort of purchase for long. It drains goodwill. 

Edit: I just want to add that I'm looking at Transformers Universe for precedents it might set for other games Jagex is working on, mainly RuneScape, really 

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RSN:Pinata

I think the flak they are getting for the $450.00 Founders Package, from a Forbes Article is a bit deserved. The author of the article is right, too:

Any company could try and make more money by selling exclusive content and “honors” at absurdly high prices, but most don’t. Video games are unique because superluxury items have little to no physical cost attached to them. The work and materials that go into making a Bugatti Veyron a million dollar car may very well be worth that price tag, but the same can’t be said for a $500 gold plated virtual robot, which requires developers to do little more than changing a six digit color code. At that point, you’re selling air, and your players will resent you for the attempt. This seems to be mostly an MMO issue, and one that only serves to contribute to the decline of the genre.

I understand things like the tiers of annual subscription packages, which we could drop $99.99 for on RuneScape, but I hope we don't see anything like the Cybernite packages elsewhere anytime soon. Because, knowing how much some of my friends and clanmates love this game, they might pay for it. But I don't think most gamers can afford that, and those who can are either rich or not able to sustain that sort of purchase for long. It drains goodwill. 

Edit: I just want to add that I'm looking at Transformers Universe for precedents it might set for other games Jagex is working on, mainly RuneScape, really 

Well said. If I had the money and how much I enjoy Runescape. I'd probably buy some kinda package like that. I know I shouldn't, but meh.... I really hope Runescape never receives something outside of the gold membersip they have done the past two Decembers.

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
TFU is also a freemium model game, while RS uses a monthly subscription model.
Gold membership did give some more small stuff compared to regular members, but nothing major.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

"founder's packs" have been around for a while now....only a few of them have actually meant something, and even then, they're probably going to end up as some sort of farce anyway

8f14270694.jpg

spooferfish
[ Display Name History ]

spooferfish

Crimson 'n' Gold

• Members
  • 3,783 posts
  • RSN:Spooferfish
  • RSN2:Qdoba
  • Clan:OCM

I'd like to give it a try, but I can't log in...  Says my email/pw is invalid every time...

35b9enp.jpg

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
You have to have had an actual rs account that logs in with email (same account across all Jagex games, except it sounds like TFU only works with the accounts that log in with email, wouldn't let me log in with an account which logs in with username.)

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It

It's too complex for me. Tried a few times. Managed to kill one person, died about 15.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Beta and taking cash.

No for me, somebody else can throw money at unfinished junk.

I already learned my lesson with "Towns".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Having given the beta a try I found it oddly enjoyable (since its not overly my sort of game), though for me a big flaw was the lack of introductory tutorial-esque ai based stuff. (kinda like how LoL and the like let you play vs ai to begin with) just because there are a lot of nuances to how the fighting works that they don't really explain before your just chucked in with other players and with even minimal level disparity there can be quite a skill difference that results in you just dying whilst mashing stuff trying to figure out why you can't do a much before you die.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

it could be in the phase where the mechanics aren't entirely set in stone, and they're probably holding off (or too lazy) to put a tutorial in before they get a sense of what the focus should be on

8f14270694.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users