Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legacy Mode – Launching Monday 14th (+Legacy Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Hopefully Legacy mode will fix the fact that combat in revolution/momentum is unresponsive crap, and your character regularly ignores commands to eat/pray/move/attack while in battle.

Or that revolution does like 1-3 auto-attacks before starting the rotation.
Its currently a bug and not intended. They plan on patching it soon.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy

With this getting released so soon it will for sure be filled with bugs. Even more dev time will then have to be used to fix those bugs. Plus of course loads of balancing. And for what? A temporary increase in player numbers and some PvP action. Then the hype is going to die down again. Instead of putting in new content that could have attracted new players into the game Jagex decides to get back nostalgia players. This is such a complete and unnecessary waste. I am actually quite the bit irritated. And I get even more irritated when I think about what we could have had instead: Maybe Priffdinas could have been out by now if we hadn't had this let's-get-back-to-2007-in-RS3-too-attitude. 

And about democracy: Yes, I know this was voted for in a poll. But let us just wait and see who was right about all this? I believe in Sy's predicition myself.

So much waste of time and resources -.- .

I'm more frustrated at the fact that they segregated the game community with Old School. I would have rather seen the legacy changes than splitting the population.

Low_C.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

well, at least the bots followed them

8f14270694.jpg

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
a77xi.png

lol

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Take that, people who say that the 80% yes votes for legacy means that 80% of the players hate EoC

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Good to see that 80% victory is securing great support for users and not a mere 25% intending to use it with 29% committing to niche uses that rely on that content actually being resurrected and legacy only worlds (since eoc would trounce them)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
The only thing frustrating to me is that there is a clear line of communication between OSRS and the community on content development. What im getting at is that i wish rs3 community would have a larger role in content development. Dont get me wrong - polling options and the occasional content pull from play concepts is good. But what i see from OSRS is great.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

stealthchris117
[ Display Name History ]

stealthchris117

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • RSN:Stealth117
  • Clan:Rising Eminence

a77xi.png

lol

Well at least I know I consistently voted NO on Legacy and Not at all on here. I think this is a much better representation of the true interest in Legacy, even though this is still a little inflated in my opinion.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

The only thing frustrating to me is that there is a clear line of communication between OSRS and the community on content development. What im getting at is that i wish rs3 community would have a larger role in content development. Dont get me wrong - polling options and the occasional content pull from play concepts is good. But what i see from OSRS is great.

Sadly thats pie in the sky thinking.

It works for OSRS because it has a tiny dev team with a small player base so things can have a 100% unified approach and pretty much every voice can be heard and consensus can be reached.

For RS3 it can never work the same because theres so many more conflicting voices, far too many for them all to be heard, plus theres so many more devs all working on different things at different times.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

It works for OSRS because it has a tiny dev team with a small player base so things can have a 100% unified approach and pretty much every voice can be heard and consensus can be reached.

For RS3 it can never work the same because theres so many more conflicting voices, far too many for them all to be heard, plus theres so many more devs all working on different things at different times.
B-but i like pie...

:(

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Yes, the wilderness is an awesome place with many spoils in RS3

wait...

no

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
Because activity levels of the wilderness are of course entirely relevant to whether or not RS3 can successfully utilise the dev:community dynamic of input present in OSRS in relation to the issues of player volumes and dev volumes?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

It was voted for by the public to introduce it in the current state to the live game.
Democracy is a [bleep].

Well yeah, the choices were "introduce it right now" or "throw it away". JagexPollsTM

From a selfish perspective at least, it will be nice to be 126 combat without every "noob" matching max level with just a couple 99s ;).  Fun fun.

Basically all that changes is that you need 99 HP and 98 prayer on top of your two EoC 99s... I'm going to be 125 F2P combat with 86 strength, a couple of levels from the latter requirement... Basically exemplifying everything that the people who voted for 138 thought it would fix O:)

Really, 125 combat with only 86 strength?  I thought 99 Attack, Defense, and Strength would only get you to 114-ish, and then one level from each 8 prayer levels...and actually you only need 96 or 94 prayer (I forget) if you take advantage of the free 1->5 summoning.  Unless that doesn't get counted on the F2P side...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
They added more weight to the c formula for ranged and mage
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
I'm wondering how those conclusions are reached in terms of combat level and exemplifying blah blah...

So we have (1.3x + Def + Hp + Pray/2 + Summ/2)/4
Based on the 'two eoc 99s, 99 hp, 98 pray' 86 str and only a couple of levels short of later (pray) lets assume 99 att, 86 str, 99 hp, 1 def, 96 pray, 1 summ (since we are talking f2p old max and all and no mention was made of needing it)

((1.3*(99+86)) + 99 + 99 + (96/2) + (1/2))/4 = 121

Hmmm nope not quite 125.
In fact you need 27 - 34 summ to get the desired 125 outcome.
Oh and if you plug in the optimum 98 pray with the 1 sum you only get 122 with that 86 str in there.

In fact with the 1 summ to mimic 'true' f2p:
You must have 97+ pray with all other 99s
98+ Hp with all other 99s
98+ Def with all other 99s
97+ Att with all other 99s
97+ Str with all other 99s
99 Magic/Ranged with all other 99s
To achieve lvl 126

To be 125 in 'true' f2p:
97+ Magic/Ranged with all other 99s
95+ Att with all other 99s
95+ Str with all other 99s
94+ hp with all other 99s
94+ def with all other 99s
89+ pray with all other 99s

The idea that in the context of f2p alone you can be near 'max' with so many levels missing without making it up via summ is daft.
Heck using the max level 5 summ f2p can have you need 85 pray, 92 hp/def, 94 att/str and 97 mage/range with all other 99s to hit that 125.
98 mage/range, 97 att/str, 96 hp/def and 93 pray are for the actual 126 old max

Long story short, whilst obviously there are hidey holes for pures it is ludicrous to imply you can achieve 126 f2p max with such large margins as str still being in the 80s because that would require summoning to make up a lot of the slack that it simply cannot be doing in f2p.

Of course if the 86 str was in reference to obtaining tht cmb lvl via 99 ranged or magic its a slightly different ballpark, but still stupidly misleading in implications since we all know combat is derived from your most potent style and therefore its no shocker a maxed ranger or mage could be quite high cmb whilst lacking str lvls.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Because activity levels of the wilderness are of course entirely relevant to whether or not RS3 can successfully utilise the dev:community dynamic of input present in OSRS in relation to the issues of player volumes and dev volumes?

No it's an empty desolate place which nobody likes to enter. It doesn't have to be active, I just want spoils as decided on the runefest video:P. The ninja team, mod daze/pi are doing fantastic, perhaps even integer;), work but in terms of the combat system the whole HQ seems to disagree with eachother or something and therefore falling back on the already rifled community seems a bit conflicting xD;

i'm just intimidated at the magnitutde of work the OSRS team churns out so yes i'm biased however most of my fellow PvPers agree upon EoC should be here to stay so I don't understand they want to cater to older players whilst 07 is up. Priorities just seem oddly divided.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Ulysses
[ Display Name History ]

Ulysses

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • RSN:Candelae

Legacy combat is frankly a step backwards, as is 138 and all that. It appears they lack the idea or drive to move on from their past mistakes. I have no idea how the poll gathered 80% support, perhaps a decision made simply on the basis of a Yes/No poll is appropriate. I would personally applaud them if they come up with something new, for better or worse, as opposed to reverting back or drawing old ideas. Given the post above depicting the quick poll on how likely people will use Legacy Combat, it may just represent another failure on the developer's part - whether that's because people think Legacy isn't ready for launch, not appropriate for the game at this stage or that they were among the 20%.

Given what I understand about the changes that will be bought on by the Legacy Combat and associated update, there isn't really anything worthwhile to motivate OSRS players (who were only really opposed to EoC rather than the entire post 07 evolution) to return to the live game; for on/off players, one or two weeks is probably most they will spend before their self-imposed exiles.

As things stand, I am excited to see what effect (if any) the Legacy combat update will bring to the game, happy for people who were anticipating its implementation and sympathetic with those who are against its inception.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

So I have 24 hours to raise my dungeoneering from 101 to 120 in order to avoid the xp penalty from being in the 90-126 range, which I conveniently ignored the past couple years because JaGEx forgot to update the penalty in EOC (as in 90 - 138 combat still got penalized, but 139+ didn't).

There were quite a few things I didn't want with EOC that has either already been fixed, or this won't fix. However, since I'm not a negative nancy, here is what I'm looking forward to:

I'm excited that my strength level matters again. I'm excited that my hitpoints matter again. I'm excited that interpretting my hits and my health will be easier. I'm excited there is a chance the F2P PKing scene will return.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
Did they not entirely remove the xp penalty a while ago now as part of their ninja-type fixes?

Also - legacy isn't doing anything to make strength matter more as a stat. Its function will remain identical as it is now. Also I fail to see how legacy does anything for interpreting health and hits, basically all it does is divide things by ten. Also hitpoints do matter at present - 3960hp comes from it afterall, the weighting is just being shifted so that a full 9900 is put onto your level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Given the post above depicting the quick poll on how likely people will use Legacy Combat, it may just represent another failure on the developer's part - whether that's because people think Legacy isn't ready for launch, not appropriate for the game at this stage or that they were among the 20%.

Well, as of right now, if the quick poll is anything to go by, over half of the players would be using Legacy mode for one reason or another.

There are many updates that have been released which much less than half of the players used, for whatever reason. Should we consider those updates failures as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users