Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legacy Mode – Launching Monday 14th (+Legacy Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blofeld

Theyve been launching around lunch time on Mondays recently. So I would guess around 10-12 hours assuming release is tomorrow?

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
12 to 2pm bts is 8 to 10am est if your curious.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
Of course I'll be at work :[ thanks
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I honestly think that some of the way you guys think is ridiculously stupid, you are all judging something that none of you know how will turn out! Legacy mode was made as a choice, which is why we can flick it on and off. ITS NOT JAGEX GOING BACK ON OLD DRAWINGS! Its them listening to what they have been told FROM YOU GUYS! They can't be expected to make good updates if you guys say yes then as soon as they brought it out you all whinge and cry? Its been brought out pretty fast because there would've been alot of devlopers on it i'd assume and it's something that has pre-existed so its not too hard to tweak and change for the current live game, they know what they are doing.
I would love to see you guys try and code runescape like jagex does, and then have a bunch of idiots talk down on something you worked pree' hard for.  I personally think its a great update because it gives us choice and variety, I myself love EOC but think legacy mode is a great idea.

Its as simple as if you don't like it, don't put it down. Give players who are wiling to play legacy mode a chance to play without negative opinions in the back of there mind, and don't assume things when you havn't seen it. No one knows how legacy mode will change the live game so don't go on ranting about it being all pre-hype and it'll die off and become dead content in a few weeks like your from the future or something?

Honestly this thread actually annoyed the crap out of me reading your comments.

1) It is Jagex going back on 'old drawings' - they are emulating old combat
2) We do 'know how it will turn out' we have a beta server and have plenty of experience with Jagex, Runescape, gaming and how these things go. (Return of pking anyone?). Sure we may not be psychic and know with 100% certainty, but we've been round this merry-go-round many times already to see how things go. The pk revival fails because people magically lose interest when the free gear of beta servers is gone, the desire to top end pvm which can't be done in legacy weeds out most serious combatants from using lesser modes and the majority of the rest of the flock ends up following, at least roughly, the metagame advice of how to achieve best dps.
3) No-one has said yes then changed their mind - not here anyway. Everyone has pretty much stuck to their guns opinion wise on legacy from the moment it was first suggested to now.
4) Just because we don't think it do well does not mean we are not entitled to air our opinions, just like you are are allowed to be positive about it. There is no way we should just essentially shut up and NOT give our opinions as you suggest just because we happen to disagree with you. That's utterly stupid and rude to suggest, especially in the context of an update that only even get conceived thanks to NEGATIVE opinions being aired about eoc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It

It's a shame that with Legacy mode we go back to the old animations and stances. I love the new models and fighting emotes and moves I just want simple old combat back hehe.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

It's a shame that with Legacy mode we go back to the old animations and stances. I love the new models and fighting emotes and moves I just want simple old combat back hehe.

Once more, "legacy mode" is

- auto attacks

- old combat animations

- old style interface

If you just want old style combat, use momentum. Exact same thing. It is auto attacks.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

I honestly think that some of the way you guys think is ridiculously stupid, you are all judging something that none of you know how will turn out! Legacy mode was made as a choice, which is why we can flick it on and off. ITS NOT JAGEX GOING BACK ON OLD DRAWINGS! Its them listening to what they have been told FROM YOU GUYS! They can't be expected to make good updates if you guys say yes then as soon as they brought it out you all whinge and cry? Its been brought out pretty fast because there would've been alot of devlopers on it i'd assume and it's something that has pre-existed so its not too hard to tweak and change for the current live game, they know what they are doing.
I would love to see you guys try and code runescape like jagex does, and then have a bunch of idiots talk down on something you worked pree' hard for.  I personally think its a great update because it gives us choice and variety, I myself love EOC but think legacy mode is a great idea.

Its as simple as if you don't like it, don't put it down. Give players who are wiling to play legacy mode a chance to play without negative opinions in the back of there mind, and don't assume things when you havn't seen it. No one knows how legacy mode will change the live game so don't go on ranting about it being all pre-hype and it'll die off and become dead content in a few weeks like your from the future or something?

Honestly this thread actually annoyed the crap out of me reading your comments.

Lol, do you even read beta forums. Yeah, i'm sure legacy will have noooooo effect at all on EoC :facepalm:

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It

Once more, "legacy mode" is

- auto attacks

- old combat animations

- old style interface

If you just want old style combat, use momentum. Exact same thing. It is auto attacks.

But silly lifepoints and hits. We aren't able to pick and choose which legacy elements we want. It's either/or. :(

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Boss slayer stuff in future updates discussion.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users