14-Jul-2014 — Legacy Mode Launch, Global Combat Improvements and Gear Guide

Ammako

You don't have to get a comp cape.

yeah, and one day jagex will make a cape with the combined features of all of the other capes that doesn't require a bunch of arbitrary tasks because it actually takes into account that you own these capes already

8f14270694.jpg

Some neat stuff:

-138 Formula. Far superior to 200, though not perfect.

-Legacy Slayer: what revolution/momentum slayer should have been.

-Dharok's is sort of OP for a bit again.

-Some buffs to shield, though not enough, IMO.

A lot of the other stuff is up in the air, as it will be changed within the coming weeks, I am guessing (Jagex is still in beta mode, whether they want to admit it or not), and a lot of stuff has to be tried out before I can judge it. As for whether this will revitalize RS3 by bringing in lots of old players, well, probably not.

----

Again, why should the Crystal amulet have good stats?

Any reason it shouldn't ?

1: it's a membership benefit

2: promotional items shouldn't out rank items in the same slot that have higher requirements for quests etc

3: the main focus was to help gather shards from skilling. Saying that combat/slayer is skilling is pure semantics

It's not merely just a promotional item or a membership benefit. it's an item that's going to be around for 3 months, and effectively replace the necklace slot, hence it should compensate players. Secondly, slayer is a skill, and the purpose of the necklace was to help everyone (not just skillers) prepare for the Elf City which is not just about skilling, but also about combat and PVM, and bossing, and high level players in general. 

---

The kill all bosses is an incredibly stupid Comp Req. Here's why:

(Before anyone says anything, it isn't personal, I can easily do this comp req when it comes out as I have done plenty of PVM over my RS career and killed every single boss).

-It will flood the PVM scene with skillers/noobs who are awful at PVM but are desperate to get their comp capes back. They will try to sneak into teams and what not and it won't be a pleasant experience.

-Most of them will try to buy their comp cape boss requirements. What's the point of that? How does leeching kills prove you've mastered PVM. Pointless.

Getting hit hard by experience nerf in dungeoneering as a combat level 105.

Suppose that means I need to go back to using leeches. GF Jamflex.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

It's not merely just a promotional item or a membership benefit. it's an item that's going to be around for 3 months, and effectively replace the necklace slot, hence it should compensate players. Secondly, slayer is a skill, and th purpose of the necklace was to help everyone (not just skillers) prepare for the Elf City which is not just about skilling, but also about combat and PVM, and bossing, and high level players in general.

More than that, you can keep an item at a lower level of power than higher-end items without crushing it into complete and irreversible uselessness for all players.

It's not merely just a promotional item or a membership benefit. it's an item that's going to be around for 3 months, and effectively replace the necklace slot, hence it should compensate players.

Doesn't mean it should have stats by default.

Allow the players to use one of their existing necklaces on the crystal pendant to fuse the two together, giving your good necklace/amulet's stats to the crystal pendant.

There you go, problem solved.

Then it can be taken out at any time to replace with another necklace/amulet/whatever.

So, is it a bug that t90 gear doesn't have HP bonus? Isn't it supposed to be superior to nex sets, with its downside being "turns to dust"?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So, is it a bug that t90 gear doesn't have HP bonus? Isn't it supposed to be superior to nex sets, with its downside being "turns to dust"?

Not a bug. Nex Armor really shouldn't but f it anyway b/c <3 Nex

^ paraphrasing, but still what it comes down to. Mod post somewhere in the beta forums about it.

Found (one of) the posts

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?360,361,450,65366440,&showuser=Mod%A0Pi

Why are level 90 armors missing HP bonus? Nex and ports which are lower level armor have them...

- because we don't have level 90 tank armour yet and given the difficulty of nex we believe that the tiny LP bonus currently on nex is a good thing.

Hooray for hitting the 1 or 2 keys to quick-withdraw a prset!

Forget adding legacy (I'm giving that time to blow up and settle down before I go near it), this is the life-changing update of the day.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I slept for quite a bit of the evening so apparently I missed out on a lot of stuff. Apparently t75 2h weapons are better than t90's, and the markets for everything have crashed significantly. Worse yet, for fixes to such problems we will probably have to wait week to week. Basically the live game is the beta now. 

Looks like this update was as ready as anything they'll ever put out.

• Like 1

Reason I asked is because the are a lot of players who don't understand a lot of things or don't have the higher tier items and are repeating things their friends or forums are saying like a giant game of telephone. And I'm sticking with eoc, legacy has no interest for me besides bursting dags

• Like 2

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Reason I asked is because the are a lot of players who don't understand a lot of things or don't have the higher tier items and are repeating things their friends or forums are saying like a giant game of telephone. And I'm sticking with eoc, legacy has no interest for me besides bursting dags

I have verified this through various people, forum theads, friends, clan chat, friends' chats, and the market itself. Simply observe the t90 DW market and the t75 2H market, and it should be clear what's happened. Or test it yourself if you can. Whatever method is more convenient. It's true though.