Araxxor, Twitch Integration and Lobby Update

Fred_S

Can't seem to get the game to load from the client, Chrome, or (cringe) Internet Explorer. Half the time it seems the main page itself won't load either.

Any tips?

This is really frustrating, I wanna take a shot at Araxxy and I'm probably the only person in my clan who has a decent chance... -.-

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

Those are armadyl gloves Urza..

And one should always be using 3+ warpriest pieces.

I was thinking helm, gloves, boots. Then dl top and bottom with levi ring. You would have to repair your offhand i guess if you didnt use dld.

Maybe chris made araxxor the way he did to troll levi ring haters.

5 items means no repairs. Do it all the time for kk. And warpriest reduces damage to 10%,not reduces by. That's how a miracle can save you on kk's green. And Levi reduces by half.

Can't seem to get the game to load from the client, Chrome, or (cringe) Internet Explorer. Half the time it seems the main page itself won't load either.

Any tips?

This is really frustrating, I wanna take a shot at Araxxy and I'm probably the only person in my clan who has a decent chance... -.-

Same here and many others are having this issue as well. There seems to be no way to fix it; the issue is on jagex end.

osrs loads for me still, albeit slowly. Just dcs often.

Boss looks cool. I'll try it sometime in the future but not anytime soon. Looks like they did a good job making it difficult.

I personally won't take advantage of the twitch integration for rs3, but I do think it's a neat add on.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Any tips?

I'm having the exact same problems.

Orion loads just fine for OSRS, except world select pretty much never works.

I fixed it by downloading the offline installer for Java, removing all Java on my comp, and reinstalling from the offline version. It still doesn't load from the website but the client works now at least! :)

2dgucz6.png

I had that problem on a fresh factory reset of Windows 7 on which I had *just* installed Java from the offline installer just today.

Coincidentally, Orion client was the only thing that worked fine; it's also the only thing that *requires* Java to be installed in order to work out of all the RS stuff that didn't work right.

And doing what you did just doesn't fix it anyway.

This boss is a ridiculously annoying and difficult moneysink. I knew Chris L wouldn't be able to control himself. "Hey, guys, wanna pay 200K every 10 minutes so you can die because this thing has 20 annoying mechanics? Sounds fun doesn't it?"

Yeah...

[bleep] Chris L.  I wouldn't mind the difficulty if they didn't add in the idiotic money sink, the stupid grave spiders, and the random spawn at start. I don't mind spending a decent bit of time to master this, but am I suppose to pay millions because I am, say, a slower learner than other people? 

This boss was obviously designed to cater to a very very very few people (way fewer than the usual elite standard of Rago/Rots), while trolling the rest of us.

• Like 3

I think it's far to early to jump to any conclusions. It's not even 24 hours after release.

This boss is hard.

This boss takes a learning curve.

That knowledge cost money.

Runescape does, believe it or not, have a very diverse group of players. I, personally, appreciate the fact that it is more common to have updates catered to specific groups of players. I like these types of updates rather than the bland boring updates that are made for everyone. I understand that many players want to do everything all the time at any time. But you can't please everyone. Some may hate this, but those that love it very well could have hated an update you liked.

Not directed at anyone in particular. Just annoyed at all the people that condemn updates less then 24 hours after release.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I think it's far to early to jump to any conclusions. It's not even 24 hours after release.

This boss is hard.

This boss takes a learning curve.

That knowledge cost money.

Runescape does, believe it or not, have a very diverse group of players. I, personally, appreciate the fact that it is more common to have updates catered to specific groups of players. I like these types of updates rather than the bland boring updates that are made for everyone. I understand that many players want to do everything all the time at any time. But you can't please everyone. Some may hate this, but those that love it very well could have hated an update you liked.

Not directed at anyone in particular. Just annoyed at all the people that condemn updates less then 24 hours after release.

Believe it or not, sometimes spending several hours at an update is enough to render an accurate judgment of it.  

Also, there was already a high cost for that knowledge: supplies of various kinds (potions, food, armour costs, portents, etc.), time, effort, aguish -there was absolutely no need to slap on a 200K tag on it. The learning curve was difficult enough.

Slapping an entrance fee on a boss like this does feel kind of unnecessary: it looks hard enough that it probably doesn't need any additional barriers for entry.

Not that I'm not eager to try it, or even really bothered about it, for that matter: the boss itself looks quite fun. It's just that at this stage the fee only really punishes the people who have the balls to explore the thing.

• Like 1

I have to agree regarding the instance cost. 200k to fight the boss is a bit ridiculous, especially since you'll most likely have to leave even after killing the boss, and then you have to pay 200k for another instance.

It's quite off putting having to potentially waste several millions before you finally manage your first kill, not to mention all the supplies and repair cost.

The Kalphite King instance is free for example, and I really don't see much of a reason for why Araxxor's instance can't be free as well, apart from the obvious money sink.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Yeah, the instance fee is a bit stupid. QBD is soloable without an instance fee, what's the point of slapping one on Araxxor? There's no point to Araxxor's improved loot table over QBD if you spend the difference away in the entrance fee and higher supply usage, as well as kill times over 4 times in length.

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah the instance costs seems a bit bs to me - if its SUPPOSED to be a solo boss then we should be able to reach it solo anytime without having to pay for it.

Charging for instances makes sense for group bosses to allow you to fight it when the worlds are busy without being a crasher and they work nicely through being maintainable by rotating in and out to bank kinda thing.

But for a solo boss? That's just dumb.

Especially since their supposed double your money 400k+ loot ignores the cost of supplies used to be 'double' and relies on items selling at ge value and, quite predictably, a solid portion of the drop table discovered thus far aren't really items that sell all that well.

Araxxor seems like it could be a fun, reasonably profitable hard solo boss, but the instance fee entirely ruins its prospects imo.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Money sinks don't work and never will. Why doesn't Jagex understand that? Just give up. 

Well the Well of Goodwill did crash partyhats pretty hard for a little bit :P...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Money sinks don't work and never will. Why doesn't Jagex understand that? Just give up. 

Well the Well of Goodwill did crash partyhats pretty hard for a little bit :P...

Hardly a counter-inflationary move. The argument for countering inflation from economists (and even Jagex uses this argument) is that it raises cost for everyone, especially normal people. Party Hats are hardly of concern to average players.

Any tips you could give to us noobs that might or might not attempt it one of these days?

What armor were you using? I'll probably go with death lotus top& chaps, arma helm& gloves and glaiven boots ;)

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]