Behind the Scenes - August 2014

Saradomin_Mage

Nvm Helring, disaster averted :P

aAoa7.png

See, this is why even though it is called 'trimmed completionist' cape, it can't literally be taken to understand that you must actually do absolutely everything. This is a good balance with this proposal: you have to do some of the update to keep your trim, but the rest of the update is left to stand on its own merit. And there's some useful stuff there, so quite a few people will do that, and the overrides are a prestige item which some people will definitely try for.

• Like 1

Does this mean "The Reaper" title is not a requirement?

That's a better system anyway, let the dedicated I love PVM people fight for cosmetics/ranks (if there is a hi score eventually) and not force everyone else into doing it.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

That's a better system anyway, let the dedicated I love PVM people fight for cosmetics/ranks (if there is a hi score eventually) and not force everyone else into doing it.

If nothing is completionist, I would actually be fine with that. If unlocking one of the things would be comp, it would be perfect and in the spirit of completionist.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

That's a better system anyway, let the dedicated I love PVM people fight for cosmetics/ranks (if there is a hi score eventually) and not force everyone else into doing it

Last I heard, the Reaper title is indeed a Comp requirement.

Dont expect hydrixian to look like the images in the pictures. Those are clearly placeholder images. Check out the concept art on the future update dicvussion thread. If someone feels like reposting that image here that would be great. Im a bit busy at the moment.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Dont expect hydrixian to look like the images in the pictures. Those are clearly placeholder images. Check out the concept art on the future update dicvussion thread. If someone feels like reposting that image here that would be great. Im a bit busy at the moment.

I was unable to find any concept art beyond what was posted in the OP.  Is there a QFC you had in mind, perhaps?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

maybe the best balance of speed and money would be ascension legios which are around 60-80 kills/hr

Nah, the best boss(es) to kill for kills are Dagannoth Kings.

Easily 100 kills per hour, probably even 130 if 3x T90 weaponry and on task.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I was unable to find any concept art beyond what was posted in the OP. Is there a QFC you had in mind, perhaps?
If you cant find it in the update discussions topic on the forum go to the ninja forum on the rsof. Look for the boss slayer topic pinned and it should be on the first post.

Edit: here it is...

boss_slayer_outfit_small-22144742-800px.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

has the clan xp boost been implemented yet or would we have to wait until next update?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

has the clan xp boost been implemented yet or would we have to wait until next update?

Since its attached to your cape instead of the ring i would think you have to wait.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They worked hard trying to avoid Solomons items being added to the new outfit except the kree wings. It kinda crippled it however since anything related to graar, kril, jad, KK, etc. have already gotten full outfit overrides in the Solomon store and wouldnt be reincorporated whereas for some reason even giant mole has a part.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Hopefully the first one I'm itching for all that new content

Elf this month = about zero new content beyond the quest.

City batch 1 is september

Batch 2 is nov

This is JUST the quest.

Also it won't be elves. Last weeks bts expressly said next weeks bts is about plagues end. Bts vids come pre-launch ergo elf quest wont be before friday the 8th making it most probably the game update for the 11th.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And wings and capes topic for those interested... With a picture to judge by:

Wings and Capes

*UPDATE* - We have decided to allow wings and capes to be worn together and are now looking into how best to do so.

Hey everyone!

Ever since we released wings onto Solomon's Store we have received feedback regarding being unable to wear capes and wings at the same time. The reason behind this decision is that when you wear a set of wings with a cape, it causes graphical clipping where the cape passes through the wings.

As this year is all about Power to the Players we wanted to get your opinions on the issue. We are prepared to allow capes to be worn with wings if that is what you really want.

Here is an image to help give you all an idea of what it would look like if you wore both wings and a cape:

mtx_wings_cape_test-28084739.jpg

As you can see there is clipping between the cape and the wings, but the key question is would you rather have the clipping and be able to wear your capes with your wings, or would you rather keep the wings as they are?

Please post in this thread with your preference and we will take it into consideration. We will then get back to you with a decision as to whether we should allow capes and wings to be worn together.

If we do decide to allow wings and capes to be worn together you will not be forced to do so, just have the option to. You will still be able to wear wings without capes.

Thanks in advance for your feedback! :)

Why they don't just directly do it instead of wasting time asking the community is beyond me.

But then I can't wear it :c

Train def :3

We've come a long way from "the city will launch with the quest in early Summer"

That we have.

Most recent timetable is

Aug - Quest

Sept - City batch 1

Nov - City batch 2

Sometime later - Seren spells & prayers, task set and any of the things they have to drop from city batches due to time after our feedback.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We've come a long way from "the city will launch with the quest in early Summer"

That we have.

Most recent timetable is

Aug - Quest

Sept - City batch 1

Nov - City batch 2

Sometime later - Seren spells & prayers, task set and any of the things they have to drop from city batches due to time after our feedback.

The only problem here is "sometime later" always ends up meaning 2-3 years. I always want to believe them that it will be sooner, but they have always failed to deliver timely.....

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I really hope it's a new prayer book and not just added to curses. I feel that there is good potential for some skilling related spells and curses that wouldn't really fit in with the ancients mindset

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I really hope it's a new prayer book and not just added to curses. I feel that there is good potential for some skilling related spells and curses that wouldn't really fit in with the ancients mindset

I disagree because i feel that the effort to change between things like switching magic spellbooks between lunars and standard is so annoying. I think skilling sets should be an inclusion to standard sets with combat requiring switches.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png