Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Name Change - All Batches are done!

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

That doesn't really matter, since the 1000 total level limit is on changing names for the first 24 hours, not on losing your display name from inactivity.
(You were looking at "Urza", right?)

Im aware of the specifications. I was hoping for an edge over the name. Im also aware of the current releases too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude

Randomly decided to check yesterday and got "Dark Dude" at last. (Previous without the Space)

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,490 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Edited the first post to include the following update :- 
Just a heads up; we won’t be releasing another batch of character names this week. This is primarily due to the fact we’re focusing our attention on mitigating the current service disruptions.

As always, we want to keep you updated, as we know quite of a lot of you have your eye on a new name!
For more information on future batches remember to check the homepage.

http://services.rune...440378,goto,352

Scroll a bit down to Mod Slayer´s  post.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,060 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

The third batch (letters I-M) is to be released starting 4pm BST tomorrow (August 28).  As before there is the restriction to accounts whose total level is 1000+ for the first 24 hours.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,490 posts

The third batch (letters I-M) is to be released starting 4pm BST tomorrow (August 28).  As before there is the restriction to accounts whose total level is 1000+ for the first 24 hours.

Edited the title, thank you =3!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

The name I've wanted has never been available and has never shown up on the high scores. What a pain.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Significant_Otter
[ Display Name History ]

Significant_Otter

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Nick_R

Does anyone have an ETA on the next batch.. and what letters :) ?

Stwength
[ Display Name History ]

Stwength

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • RSN:Stwength

I got the name I wanted, has absolutely no value to anyone else. :P
I still have my eye on a certain one though... Come on T!

Aeraendyl.pngAravis.png

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

<<< What do you guys think about Gang Sabre ?

That was my rscouple of years. :D

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,060 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

The fourth batch will be released tomorrow (September 4) at 1pm BST, and will consist of letters N-R.  Announcement here.  And whoop-de-do, they made a link to a category in account management,

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

That isn't very convenient :(

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,490 posts

The fourth batch will be released tomorrow (September 4) at 1pm BST, and will consist of letters N-R.  Announcement here.  And whoop-de-do, they made a link to a category in account management,

Edited the title, thanks for mentioning!

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2
One of the issues associated with usurping display names is that it could create confusion for their previous owners. For example, if Jagex releases the username "Bob" and someone claims it, the new holder of the display name might be mistaken for the original "Bob" by the latter's friends who think he has returned to the game. I'm kind of curious: has anything like this ever happened to anyone who has claimed an inactive display name?
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

One of the issues associated with usurping display names is that it could create confusion for their previous owners. For example, if Jagex releases the username "Bob" and someone claims it, the new holder of the display name might be mistaken for the original "Bob" by the latter's friends who think he has returned to the game. I'm kind of curious: has anything like this ever happened to anyone who has claimed an inactive display name?

that was the biggest issue for display name changes when the system was rolled out in the beginning.

They system really needs to be revamped to show a complete history of someones name.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
Well original Bob would show up as a string of numbers in their friendlist.

When someone gets added to a fl it tracks that accounts unique id not the explicit name
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy

RIP Richard.

Asmodean <3

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2

Well original Bob would show up as a string of numbers in their friendlist.

When someone gets added to a fl it tracks that accounts unique id not the explicit name

True, but if a friend of "Bob" were to create a new account, they might still try to add their original name and not realize the change.

Oh yeah, and it seems the original display names of Andrew Gower ("Andrew") and Paul Gower ("Paul") have also been usurped. This seems like a bad idea to me as it could allow someone to impersonate Jagex staff.
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Andrew and Paul don't display any "last known as" at the moment, so I think they're still on the Jmod accounts.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 409 posts

If a name is not on the hiscores, name change screen says it's not available, but adding to ignore says unknown player...what does that mean? Banned account? Something else?

Decent chance of release?

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Randomly decided to check yesterday and got "Dark Dude" at last. (Previous without the Space)

Remember to maintain a membership for a month twice a year for the following years. Seems to be enough to prevent you from getting your name taken from you, if their current criteria is anything to go by. Grats on getting Dark Dude, Mike.

hzvjpwS.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users