Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Soul Reaper

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:The Warrior

It's not mentioned anywhere in the newspost so lemme say it here:

You can now buy the ability to be assigned Glacors and Tormented Demons for 50 slayer points each, much like Muspah and Nihil before.

Also, slayer helmet won't do a damn thing on Soul Reaper tasks so you can leave that at home.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

You can now buy the ability to be assigned Glacors and Tormented Demons for 50 slayer points each, much like Muspah and Nihil before.

Also, slayer helmet won't do a damn thing on Soul Reaper tasks so you can leave that at home.

I am so turned on...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik

Yeah, that is #1 update tbh. And I'm so [bleep]ing disappointed that slayer helm does nothing. That was like the biggest reason for why I was looking forward to this update. Dat slayer boost against bosses ;-;

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None

So what is the new comp/trim requirement?

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 409 posts
Comp: song in office, Reaper title from killing 1 of everything listed
Trim: everything on the Loot Beam page: beam, extra tasks, bonfire hp length boost, reduced instances

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Given my total lack of pvm skills clearing this comp req hasnt gone too badly so far for me.

1 Lag death to a legionne

All 4 GWD in 1 run.

Solo corp.

Epically laggy KK clan event.

4 man Nex without really knowing what to do.

And here I am with just the two big boys (rago and rots) left aside from araxxi and, all told, I'm feeling reasonably confident about that; reckon with a bit of yt and reading I could power thru in a few tries.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Epically laggy KK clan event.

Lol

77yLQy8.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Seriously it was like 2 seconds per screen update for the majority of the event. I have no idea wtf I did or how; I just clicked rocktails and ran around when they yelled in teamspeak and didn't die before the xp drop came.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

You can now benefit from the Varrock armour Smithing bonus when wearing the blacksmith’s top (assuming you've completed the respective achievement diary).

Yes. This is great!

now to continue waiting for them to merge the flash powder factory gear effect with the herblorist set

8f14270694.jpg

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Seriously it was like 2 seconds per screen update for the majority of the event. I have no idea wtf I did or how; I just clicked rocktails and ran around when they yelled in teamspeak and didn't die before the xp drop came.

Lol I don't think you understood my joke :P

I was suggesting that you went to a Ku Klux Klan event

77yLQy8.png

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

aY2Oi.png

lol

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

tgf
[ Display Name History ]

tgf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:[bleep]
  • RSN2:Fails at RS
  • Clan:Primishy

aY2Oi.png

lol

Buying vorago in 2 weeks. Nice arraxor post.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

krimi
[ Display Name History ]

krimi

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:der krimi

Is there any way for us to check our progress for the cosmetic rewards?

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

So basically, for the completionist cape I will have to kill each of those bosses once...?

Ughhhh

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

well it never occurred to jagex to consider that people would actually charge other people to join their boss fighting groups instead of being some kind of imaginary magical friendship forged by standing next to each other long enough

8f14270694.jpg

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

It doesn't even occur to Mod Ryan that some people may be incapable of beating any of the bosses. Talked to him on twitter and he doesn't seem to believe that some of these bosses may be above the skill and concentration levels for some people. That, combined with the extremely low suggested levels for this update (seriously, QBD is suggested for 80 combat?) makes me feel they may just be completely out of touch with the non-PvM parts of the community. https://twitter.com/...927642435350528

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,756 posts
  • RSN:Rufioso
  • RSN '07:Rufio 07
They also think arma drops arma cbow

0b56580bbf.png

imo the least thought out part of this update is that people will pay to leech certain bosses, which absolutely dissolves the entire purpose of this update for all comp and trimm comp players, while also hurting the validity of the capes themselves.

whether the solution is to disallow leeching or to rethink the req, I am not sure. Either would be better, imo.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

It doesn't even occur to Mod Ryan that some people may be incapable of beating any of the bosses. Talked to him on twitter and he doesn't seem to believe that some of these bosses may be above the skill and concentration levels for some people. That, combined with the extremely low suggested levels for this update (seriously, QBD is suggested for 80 combat?) makes me feel they may just be completely out of touch with the non-PvM parts of the community. https://twitter.com/...927642435350528

Somehow this doesn't really surprise me.

It's almost like they're trying to sell Runescape as the kind of twitchy action game that everyone plays for the epic boss fights when it's more or less the exact opposite.

• Tim likes this

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

well it never occurred to jagex to consider that people would actually charge other people to join their boss fighting groups instead of being some kind of imaginary magical friendship forged by standing next to each other long enough

at least i made 100m today from leech kills

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Quorra
[ Display Name History ]

Quorra

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • RSN:Resistian

They also think arma drops arma cbow

I believe they said in the next update it will be changed so it does indeed drop the cbow.

bGmskuB.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users