Soul Reaper

Miss Lioness

Guess I could try and set something up...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Guess I could try and set something up...

Let me know!!!

Also, back on the boss slayer topic

Which of the hydrix items would be the most useful to have?

Ammy is BIC, obviously, and is desirable...

Bracelet is equal fo all of the t90 power gloves, plus has a very good special if it works on typeless attacks.. Even if it doesn't reflect to reflect immune things, if it works on typeless it would be my prefered thing

Necklace looks nearly useless

Ring has good combat bonuses, no def bonuses, but would end up healing you quite a bit in the long run..

I think best order to get, would be bracelet-amulet-ring... Necklace looks meh to me

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Team soul reaper just sucks. Yeah lets wait hours to do a mass vorago. I really hope the team finder system for minigames will eventually find itself used for massing.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Team soul reaper just sucks. Yeah lets wait hours to do a mass vorago. I really hope the team finder system for minigames will eventually find itself used for massing.

I forgot that was going to be a thing.

Bomb tanking without resonance/preparation/barricade/devotion/freedom is different from tanking in a clan battle :P

And by bomb tanking you mean loading a familiar with super brews and soups and just eating the entire fight while getting constant heals from any melee/rangers on your team.

I'm also down to do Vorago as DPS/Base if I'm online.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

For anyone who finds RS too hard to boss on I challenge you to play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Now THOSE bosses are hard.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

For anyone who finds RS too hard to boss on I challenge you to play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Now THOSE bosses are hard.

Not a fair comparison. Those games have more responsive and intuitive controls and mechanics. :twss:

Yeah, that's like comparing apples and oranges. I've completed all the Souls games, yet I've never even attempted Vorago/RotS/KK/Araxxor. Not because I don't think I could do them, but I just cbf to learn a bunch of alternating mechanics and then try to put them into practice in a point and click MMO.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

The difference being that RS bosses are hard more because the system is less developed and less responsive than other games. Put a RS boss in the WoW engine, even keeping everything else the same, and the higher responsiveness in movement and stuff would make a huge difference.

Its hard because of the type of game RS is, at least in large part. Being able to do certain bosses well requires a different type of skill.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The difference being that RS bosses are hard more because the system is less developed and less responsive than other games. Put a RS boss in the WoW engine, even keeping everything else the same, and the higher responsiveness in movement and stuff would make a huge difference.

Its hard because of the type of game RS is, at least in large part. Being able to do certain bosses well requires a different type of skill.

Yeah thos tick based system needs to go. The only reason jagex keeps it is because it is such an integral part of their development and they probably dont have the means of replacing it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah thos tick based system needs to go. The only reason jagex keeps it is because it is such an integral part of their development and they probably dont have the means of replacing it.
Honestly, they could probably go the opposite route and make it fully turn-based. It might suit the ability system better.

There isn't really any reason for combat to be dependant on ticks - attack speeds and abilities have their own innate timings that could run with or without ticks.

All removing ticks from it would do is allow more responsiveness instead of delays to wait for a tick to happen.

As for movement, that is kind a bit more reliant on a tick based system just for data management, but if they moved farming ticks off that system and bid a bit of back-end work to make the timings of skills rely on themselves opposed to a centralised tick they could run the main tick at a much higher speed which would allow movement and interface clicks etc to register more seamlessly.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wonder if the engine from Transformers Universe uses the same tick system. As the next upgrade for RuneScape will be build around that engine (project NXT or something, a beta is on its way before the end of the year), and because Jagex wants to move away from Java, it could mean the ticks will leave the game.

Finally defeated Araxxor today after 9 attempts and then proceeded to do the rest of the bosses. My current challenge is Nex and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do enough DPS for the blood phase, went in with an all range set up initially and the past few attempts I've tried a range and melee setup using Ports gear and dual asc/drygores. Any advice? I'm pretty poor at bossing :( dreading eventually trying to do Kalphite King, Vorago and especially Rise of the Six!

Edit - Ahh there looks to be a team I can hit up over the weekend for Nex and the Kalphite King, huzzah!

• Like 1

Finally defeated Araxxor today after 9 attempts and then proceeded to do the rest of the bosses. My current challenge is Nex and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do enough DPS for the blood phase, went in with an all range set up initially and the past few attempts I've tried a range and melee setup using Ports gear and dual asc/drygores. Any advice? I'm pretty poor at bossing :( dreading eventually trying to do Kalphite King, Vorago and especially Rise of the Six!

Edit - Ahh there looks to be a team I can hit up over the weekend for Nex and the Kalphite King, huzzah!

Nex is a team boss :-P

I would be able to help you on the weekend if you like. I'm usually on the sc chat

I would be able to help you on the weekend if you like. I'm usually on the sc chat

Cool beans, will have to see what mental state I'm in after my shift at work but certainly looking to work in a group! I just got destroyed in the smoke phase, think I've hit my limit for the day haha!

Yeah, is a challenge to solo. I haven't tried since the legacy changes, but it's quite easy to trio

I have been using one of the teaching ROTS chats the last couple of days and finally got a kill yesterday after about 6 tries, though I was never the first to die in any of them.  I'm really glad I did it and learned it as opposed to just leaching it, far more gratifying!   I was very hesitant about it before and wrongly assumed people would be elitist about learning and joining a team. But the guy teaching in the chat went way above board explaining tips and tricks before we even tried it.

If anyone's worried about giving ROTS a go as a team boss, don't be, there are plenty of people out there to learn with and learn from.

Now I just need to take down the big guy, I hope the chats are good for that too, the only one I can see on the forums currently is  RagoPvM so I'll give that a go this week.

• Like 3

I have been skipping Vorago tasks up till now because although I have a very good permanent Rago team of close friends, we are sort of on hiatus for now (and I don't like suffering forumers). But now that I am done almost all of the requirements on the Final Boss title except for Rago/Kiln/Rots, I decided I may as well start working on Rago (and daily Rago tasks) even if my team isn't back yet. I asked one of my active teammates to get me into one of his temporary/backup teams, and he did.

Apparently that backup team is also running a completely free leech/PVM help thread/service, with an FC to help people leech and help them through solo bosses even, and stuff of that sort. I was only there for the task, but before I knew it, I was on the teamspeak and the host requested I help people on teamspeak, walk them through it (the leeches) - even though most of them had never even read a Vorago guide, and were relying on my instructions only to survive. And just like that, I was giving commands and helping people in-game (by watching them, giving food/healing specials) who had never done Vorago survive the one kill for their Reaper requirement. I helped 3 people with that requirement (and one also wanted to maul). I was even given a Bronze star in the FC for helping the people.

I think we did 6 attempts today, and only 1 attempt failed. There was even a feedback section where the people were encouraged to post after they got their kills. And it was a very relaxed atmosphere. No raging, patience, no elitism, almost anyone will be accepted, and so on.

So it really isn't impossible or anything like that. There are plenty of people willing to teach and help others out, for free. There really is no excuse.

• Like 5

Cool beans, will have to see what mental state I'm in after my shift at work but certainly looking to work in a group! I just got destroyed in the smoke phase, think I've hit my limit for the day haha!

Check out Nex Share on Runescape forums