Soul Reaper

Miss Lioness

Yeah Yoko and thanks Fred, I checked the teamwork forum last night and discovered a group were doing a ROTS leech service, didn't realise such a thing existed for these bosses! I'm gonna attend a mass for the KK and Nex over the weekend so I feel like I've earned the kills but I'll definitely be leeching Vorago now I know such a service exists!

I have been skipping Vorago tasks up till now because although I have a very good permanent Rago team of close friends, we are sort of on hiatus for now (and I don't like suffering forumers). But now that I am done almost all of the requirements on the Final Boss title except for Rago/Kiln/Rots, I decided I may as well start working on Rago (and daily Rago tasks) even if my team isn't back yet. I asked one of my active teammates to get me into one of his temporary/backup teams, and he did.

Apparently that backup team is also running a completely free leech/PVM help thread/service, with an FC to help people leech and help them through solo bosses even, and stuff of that sort. I was only there for the task, but before I knew it, I was on the teamspeak and the host requested I help people on teamspeak, walk them through it (the leeches) - even though most of them had never even read a Vorago guide, and were relying on my instructions only to survive. And just like that, I was giving commands and helping people in-game (by watching them, giving food/healing specials) who had never done Vorago survive the one kill for their Reaper requirement. I helped 3 people with that requirement (and one also wanted to maul). I was even given a Bronze star in the FC for helping the people.

I think we did 6 attempts today, and only 1 attempt failed. There was even a feedback section where the people were encouraged to post after they got their kills. And it was a very relaxed atmosphere. No raging, patience, no elitism, almost anyone will be accepted, and so on.

So it really isn't impossible or anything like that. There are plenty of people willing to teach and help others out, for free. There really is no excuse.

Take me with you!!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I have been skipping Vorago tasks up till now because although I have a very good permanent Rago team of close friends, we are sort of on hiatus for now (and I don't like suffering forumers). But now that I am done almost all of the requirements on the Final Boss title except for Rago/Kiln/Rots, I decided I may as well start working on Rago (and daily Rago tasks) even if my team isn't back yet. I asked one of my active teammates to get me into one of his temporary/backup teams, and he did.

Apparently that backup team is also running a completely free leech/PVM help thread/service, with an FC to help people leech and help them through solo bosses even, and stuff of that sort. I was only there for the task, but before I knew it, I was on the teamspeak and the host requested I help people on teamspeak, walk them through it (the leeches) - even though most of them had never even read a Vorago guide, and were relying on my instructions only to survive. And just like that, I was giving commands and helping people in-game (by watching them, giving food/healing specials) who had never done Vorago survive the one kill for their Reaper requirement. I helped 3 people with that requirement (and one also wanted to maul). I was even given a Bronze star in the FC for helping the people.

I think we did 6 attempts today, and only 1 attempt failed. There was even a feedback section where the people were encouraged to post after they got their kills. And it was a very relaxed atmosphere. No raging, patience, no elitism, almost anyone will be accepted, and so on.

So it really isn't impossible or anything like that. There are plenty of people willing to teach and help others out, for free. There really is no excuse.

Take me with you!!

No noobs allowed, sorry.

Take me with you!!

No noobs allowed, sorry.

Then why are you allowed to go?
  • Like 4

Take me with you!!

No noobs allowed, sorry.

Then why are you allowed to go?

You got me.  ;)

• Like 1

So by now the hydrix items have been out...

What is the best one? Does the necklace make a noticeable difference in adr gain?

Any tips on defeating Araxxi? I manage to get too Phase 4 without a hitch. I am ranging and I know about DeathSwift @ 45k and then Unload @ 26k. But still...... I can't manage to kill it, I always seem to mess up. I just recently finally figured out how to use my keys to switch prayers, I am hoping this makes all the difference in killing it. Waiting till the shadow path rotation to try once more. 

I am like on my 20th or so try.... so frustrating! Any tips are welcome on how to squish this spider! 

queenvalerie.png

sounds like you are really close to be honest.  wear a sign of death, a swiftness unload should just about get araxxi to 10k health and the sign ought to finish the kill if you can do that.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Ok thanks! Still not sure if I am suppose to lure the acidic spiders on me, on Arroxor or leave them be? Is there anything I can do to make Phase 4 a bit easier? She totally spazz's out on me in there.... :-/

Yeah, they fixed it recently so that luring the spiders on you in phase 3 and then luring them on Araxxor will make phase 4 much easier. Also make sure to take advantage of Debilitate and Devotion. Also having Rocktails + brews on your action bar is incredibly useful when you need to heal up quickly.

I'd also recommend using Revolution while you're getting used to Araxxor. It helps a ton in phase 4, as it will keep firing off basics leaving you only to heal and switch prayers, and activate thresholds/ults when you can.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Ok thanks! Still not sure if I am suppose to lure the acidic spiders on me, on Arroxor or leave them be? Is there anything I can do to make Phase 4 a bit easier? She totally spazz's out on me in there.... :-/

Lure the spiders onto Araxxor near the end of phase 3. Doing this makes him a lot less accurate. After the fix I was able to just soul split Araxxi instead of trying to prayer switch which always kept messing me up. Just wear your best range gear, turn on protect from range for a second in the beginning to make araxxi mage, then soul split the rest of the way through.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Awesome thanks gang! Just use soul split  for the whole Phase 4?( I never knew that!) Does she not hit crazy hard though without the prayer switching? 

Lastly, can someone post a good ability bar set up ? My current one stinks! I am using CCb with royal bolts and wearing port range gear. Using sharpshooter, levi ring, 3 Warpriest items, death, Farsight snipe necklace, max cape....

Thanks! 

~ Valerie ~ 

queenvalerie.png

Awesome thanks gang! Just use soul split  for the whole Phase 4?( I never knew that!) Does she not hit crazy hard though without the prayer switching? 

Lastly, can someone post a good ability bar set up ? My current one stinks! I am using CCb with royal bolts and wearing port range gear. Using sharpshooter, levi ring, 3 Warpriest items, death, Farsight snipe necklace, max cape....

Thanks! 

~ Valerie ~ 

Soul split for araxxi works only for the first few kills of a day if you don't enrage her too much(lure spiders). One thing i would suggest is enchanted excalibur after araxxor dies, which is very helpful, but generally, prayer switching is advantageous, as well as using devotion on araxxi. With t80 weapon it's quite difficult to do more than a few a day and you are relatively screwed when an opposite type araxxor spawns. If you can at all afford drygores, use those(and really, melee is perhaps even the best style for kills anyway).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Thanks! 

~ Valerie ~ 

Araxxi was hitting a lot harder and more accurate before they fixed the acid. Now with the acid fixed (at least for the first kill of the day) as long as you lure the acid spiders onto araxxor in phase 3 then you can soul split.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Before phase 3 ends, lure the spiders onto Araxxor so that he becomes more powerful.

If you do not lure the spiders onto him, when Araxi enters, she will absorb the spiders and become more powerful.

• Like 1

Yeah they fixed it now so that araxxi doesn't inherit the acid enrage araxxor has and only gains it by eating the acid spiders.

That means for easy araxxi you want to feed all the spiders to araxxor.

But equally to make him easier you want to lure them to him at the last possible moment you can before killing him so you don't actually have to face his enragedness.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

path 1 tends to enrage quite a bit higher during the kill.  i recommend taking path 2 during 2-3 rotation for the easiest time of it.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I finally got my comp cape back at last, never thought I would, but it turned out to be way easier than I expected. I joined the Rago Pvm fc for a mass vorago kill and it was a cake walk.

I think the main reason I was hesitant about the reaper title to begin with was being intimidated by how hardcore the big pvm video makers make the bosses out to be. When in reality with a bit of research and practise they are all very accessible.

I finally got my comp cape back at last, never thought I would, but it turned out to be way easier than I expected. I joined the Rago Pvm fc for a mass vorago kill and it was a cake walk.

I think the main reason I was hesitant about the reaper title to begin with was being intimidated by how hardcore the big pvm video makers make the bosses out to be. When in reality with a bit of research and practise they are all very accessible.

They tend to be hard if you take small teams where there's not much room for mistake, but with a decent sized team they're easy due to mistakes not mattering much at all

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png