26-Aug-2014: Barbarian Assault Redux

BloodAngel

tbh, i preferred the horn over the ability bar because i don't really have room on there to be messing around with shouts

J Mod said that horn still works the same as before, abilities are just a second option.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

awsome bug testing going on here.

Tried buying a low room hard ticket just to reset back to wave one so i dont have to kill the queen for the umpteenth time. Now i'm locked out of all rooms. Can't reset or nothing. Just keeps saying i have to beat queen in order to use hard mode.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Tried buying a low room hard ticket just to reset back to wave one so i dont have to kill the queen for the umpteenth time. Now i'm locked out of all rooms. Can't reset or nothing. Just keeps saying i have to beat queen in order to use hard mode.

Tried banking the hardmode ticket?

After all you do have to beat the Queen once after the update has gone live before you can do hard mode at all.

It sets your hard mode wave to 0 until you do so and even after then on hard mode you are limited to only waves you have previously beaten.

So in order to get the Penance King kill the bear minimum is a normal wave 10 ticket to secure a queen kill, followed by waves 1-10 hard mode.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tried banking the hardmode ticket?

After all you do have to beat the Queen once after the update has gone live before you can do hard mode at all.

It sets your hard mode wave to 0 until you do so and even after then on hard mode you are limited to only waves you have previously beaten.

So in order to get the Penance King kill the bear minimum is a normal wave 10 ticket to secure a queen kill, followed by waves 1-10 hard mode.

tried banking, tried destroying. Nope. If you buy a hm ticket you can use that to enter a room on hard mode but if you leave without setting your scroll back to normal mode your sunk.

edit.

nexus is my new fave mod. fixed it within a few hrs of me posting it on forums.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

You should be doing the queen first anyways. So many people who were trying to do hard mode yet havent killed the queen post update.

Also some amazing bit of lore in buying both the books. Apparently where we teleport to in the abyss is actually INSIDE Hostilius.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

haha wow, i'm all for new things but the new high alch is just lame... Certainly shows the results of a high alch but blegh

Owell

I disagree i dont think its lame. The bones to bananas and peaches finally has fitting animations. I also like the charge orb animations.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Abyssal Demons look absolutely terrible now.

Demons are supposed to look pretty?

Color me several shades of surprised.

Illogical assumption. Looking terrible now doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a beauty scale, nor does it imply they looked beautiful before.

You're assuming he meant beauty, and not something like a cool design, an iconic look, or even a neat look before.

• Like 1

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

figures that the first time monsters start getting their own adrenaline, you can't pray leech adrenaline to turn it to your advantage/protection

Don't be silly that would and a simple and obvious game mechanic that in-keeps with every iota of description of that prayer - on what planet would Jamflex make that work?

Next you'll be telling me you expect new magic spells to use runes and new weapons to be combat items!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Don't be silly that would and a simple and obvious game mechanic that in-keeps with every iota of description of that prayer - on what planet would Jamflex make that work?

Next you'll be telling me you expect new magic spells to use runes and new weapons to be combat items!

It's not an RPG without spells and abilities that can't be used when you need them most!

Really need to find a better team than those randommers at W6... For some reason there's always SOMEONE who straightly runs into the king. :/

About 10 attempts tried and never gotten to the stage to actually wear those fire gloves.

If you are sittjng at w10 hm ill join you later.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Illogical assumption. Looking terrible now doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a beauty scale, nor does it imply they looked beautiful before.

You're assuming he meant beauty, and not something like a cool design, an iconic look, or even a neat look before.

I'm sorry, I forgot this was a game where people prefer ancient, out-of-place textures and models.
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, I forgot this was a game where people prefer ancient, out-of-place textures and models.

Another illogical response to an initially illogical stance.

Do you really think those are valid arguments?

• Like 1

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Oh yay, this guy is back again. /sarcasm

Sylpheed.png

Stonewall is correct though. Pingioun is using the illogical "strawman" fallacy; he is presenting his own position as reasonable by misrepresenting the initial argument/fabricating a new one. Original argument was "demons look terrible", his response assumed the original poster mean they are not pretty, which was never made clear anyway. But instead of talking about that further he responds with a completely off-tangent/new argument unrelated to any of the posts. He is also assuming that if anyone doesn't like an updated model that means we only ever want the old versions.

He's making a lot of assumptions, side stepping any rational response by creating new arguments.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I think he's just being sarcastic to get the point across that everyone wants something different. Yall shouldn't imply implications

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

If you want to talk about the straw man you should head to the taverly slayer tutor. She doesnt have a fallace either so dont go looking for one.

I somehow crack myself up.

• Like 3

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think he's just being sarcastic to get the point across that everyone wants something different. Yall shouldn't imply implications

well that was extremely productive! and neither should he "imply implications". Someone such as himself, with so many years on internet foums, should realize sarcasm does not come across well in these forms. And it doesn't change the fact that his replies, while possibly sarcastic, still had nothing to do with the original posts anyway.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Indeed. Logic is important. People tend to not use it enough.

Stonewall337.png

well that was extremely productive! and neither should he "imply implications". Someone such as himself, with so many years on internet foums, should realize sarcasm does not come across well in these forms. And it doesn't change the fact that his replies, while possibly sarcastic, still had nothing to do with the original posts anyway.

If you aren't willing to look at a statement/post and consider it as sarcasm or not with a fair amount of forum time I don't think it's fair to assume the opposite.

The following is unrelated to the above semantics.

If the demons were never changed people would eventually complain about jagex leaving things nostalgic to avoid upsetting players (example: skillcapes)

If (and they did, obviously) change the graphics people are going to complain.

I personally like the new graphics and am glad to see Jagex pushing a bit forward rather than maintaining old concepts for the sake of it.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Remember that really awesome concept art they showed us like 2 years ago now for abyssals and we were all like omg do want and then they took forever to bother doing it?

Yeah they kinda didn't quite live up to that in the new model, the way parts of it are done (like the tentacle things on the front) just seem kinda like the graphics they were churning out 2-3 years ago and not quite up to par with what we know they can achieve in the present game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg