Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

26-Aug-2014: Barbarian Assault Redux

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

wait....

how can it be a penance runner now that it doesn't have any legs????

Is that a reference to Oscar Pistorius?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Abyssal Demons look absolutely terrible now.

Demons are supposed to look pretty?
Color me several shades of surprised.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Succubi and/or Incubi? :-D

I was going to say something about how it's such a huge departure from the old design, and then I realized that the screenshot didn't do it justice. It's not a bad redesign, just a bit overdone. Especially considering how streamlined the older model was.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

several suggestions that will never happen now that they think they fixed BA:

- make it so that healers can just equip the food and then smush it into the penance healers' faces by left clicking instead of having to right click the same damn option while a pile of 8 other enemies are sitting on top of it

- anybody who is not an attack should not be able to attempt to attack anything. anybody who is not a healer should not be able to attempt to feed a penance healer or heal other players. anybody who is not a collector should be able to attempt picking up eggs. anybody who is not an attacker or defender should not be able to pick up buckets or even attempt to do so. ARE YOU GRASPING THE GIST OF THIS?

- penance healers shouldn't be able to heal each other

- make heal the first option for other players so that you don't have to navigate a gigantic right click menu to save them (make healing players the left click priority because selecting a target to attack doesn't have to happen right away)

- signal when a shift is about to happen

- when the king appears, REMOVE ALL OF THE DAMN EGGS WE CAN'T USE THAT ARE CAPABLE OF HIDING SCROLLS AND BUCKETS

- add your own damn hp bar next to the other player hp bars so that you don't have to look all the way down away from their hp bars to know when you're getting piled in the mass of chaos (also clearly label which one it is)

- stop revolution when somebody clicks away

- things that shouldn't be able to hide under other things: exploding penance spawn, healers, scrolls, the people that you are trying to save from doom (especially the attacker and collector, whose red or yellow ring looks EXACTLY like a targeting ring) suggestion: make role markers float above player heads like sims

- please do not make elements that are part of the main screen clickable because people will accidentally call out scrolls while trying to flee

- EQUIP ALL OF THE ROLES WITH THEIR GEAR FROM THE START

- THIS INCLUDES LOGS FOR FIXING TRAPS

8f14270694.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Rev should have beem fixed to stop when clicking the ground ages ago.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

tbh, i preferred the horn over the ability bar because i don't really have room on there to be messing around with shouts

J Mod said that horn still works the same as before, abilities are just a second option.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

since the current way to switch styles for ba attacker are abilities, they are still subject to global ability cooldowns which interrupt most attempts to use them during revolution

8f14270694.jpg

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

awsome bug testing going on here.

Tried buying a low room hard ticket just to reset back to wave one so i dont have to kill the queen for the umpteenth time. Now i'm locked out of all rooms. Can't reset or nothing. Just keeps saying i have to beat queen in order to use hard mode.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Tried buying a low room hard ticket just to reset back to wave one so i dont have to kill the queen for the umpteenth time. Now i'm locked out of all rooms. Can't reset or nothing. Just keeps saying i have to beat queen in order to use hard mode.

Tried banking the hardmode ticket?

After all you do have to beat the Queen once after the update has gone live before you can do hard mode at all.

It sets your hard mode wave to 0 until you do so and even after then on hard mode you are limited to only waves you have previously beaten.

So in order to get the Penance King kill the bear minimum is a normal wave 10 ticket to secure a queen kill, followed by waves 1-10 hard mode.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

Tried banking the hardmode ticket?

After all you do have to beat the Queen once after the update has gone live before you can do hard mode at all.

It sets your hard mode wave to 0 until you do so and even after then on hard mode you are limited to only waves you have previously beaten.

So in order to get the Penance King kill the bear minimum is a normal wave 10 ticket to secure a queen kill, followed by waves 1-10 hard mode.

tried banking, tried destroying. Nope. If you buy a hm ticket you can use that to enter a room on hard mode but if you leave without setting your scroll back to normal mode your sunk.

edit.

nexus is my new fave mod. fixed it within a few hrs of me posting it on forums.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
You should be doing the queen first anyways. So many people who were trying to do hard mode yet havent killed the queen post update.

Also some amazing bit of lore in buying both the books. Apparently where we teleport to in the abyss is actually INSIDE Hostilius.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

haha wow, i'm all for new things but the new high alch is just lame... Certainly shows the results of a high alch but blegh

Owell

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

haha wow, i'm all for new things but the new high alch is just lame... Certainly shows the results of a high alch but blegh

Owell

I disagree i dont think its lame. The bones to bananas and peaches finally has fitting animations. I also like the charge orb animations.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

Abyssal Demons look absolutely terrible now.

Illogical assumption. Looking terrible now doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a beauty scale, nor does it imply they looked beautiful before.

You're assuming he meant beauty, and not something like a cool design, an iconic look, or even a neat look before.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

figures that the first time monsters start getting their own adrenaline, you can't pray leech adrenaline to turn it to your advantage/protection

8f14270694.jpg

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

figures that the first time monsters start getting their own adrenaline, you can't pray leech adrenaline to turn it to your advantage/protection

Don't be silly that would and a simple and obvious game mechanic that in-keeps with every iota of description of that prayer - on what planet would Jamflex make that work?

Next you'll be telling me you expect new magic spells to use runes and new weapons to be combat items!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Don't be silly that would and a simple and obvious game mechanic that in-keeps with every iota of description of that prayer - on what planet would Jamflex make that work?

Next you'll be telling me you expect new magic spells to use runes and new weapons to be combat items!

It's not an RPG without spells and abilities that can't be used when you need them most!

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

the ridiculous thing is that they actually required a queen kill post update when the rewards menu clearly remembers that as a requirement for buying a granite plate

8f14270694.jpg

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Really need to find a better team than those randommers at W6... For some reason there's always SOMEONE who straightly runs into the king. :/

About 10 attempts tried and never gotten to the stage to actually wear those fire gloves.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Really need to find a better team than those randommers at W6... For some reason there's always SOMEONE who straightly runs into the king. :/
About 10 attempts tried and never gotten to the stage to actually wear those fire gloves.

If you are sittjng at w10 hm ill join you later.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users