26-Aug-2014: Barbarian Assault Redux

BloodAngel

and it only took them a little over ten years to explain it clearly!

have a cookie

Or, another way to look at it, it took them 10 years to understand how it works.

Also, RoW has been changed a few years back when the extensive rare drop table was released(and when we started getting stupid messages about 'improved' drops).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Interesting how whips are 1/1024 in RS3, but 1/512 in OSRS

Wasn't that changed when they added the wand? The way they described it then, the odds of getting an abyssal weapon wasn't changed, just that you might get a wand or orb instead of a whip.
Yeah it was.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So what I'm getting from that list is:

Rare drops dealt with as unique drops are affected by RoW without affecting the rest of the drops.

Rare drops, that though mostly unique, are just dealt with as rare items have the whole drop table affected aka some possible drops are lost.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So effectively they have the key drop on their drop table twice.

Once as a regular drop, again as a random drop.

If wealth effects only the rare drop, then you have the same chance of hitting the rare drop table, and from there on an increased

chance of the key item.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

When will Jagex learn adding a 'hard-mode' isnt reviving shit and only looks lazy on the dev team for skimping out on content..

It won a guaranteed content thing at Runefest so they developed it.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

When will Jagex learn adding a 'hard-mode' isnt reviving shit and only looks lazy on the dev team for skimping out on content..

Not to mention pretty much all of the hard-modes have been player requested.

Players wanted a reason for higher levels to do mole - hard mode

Players wanted the TWW Gwd bosses mechanics in real GWD - they made hard mode.

Elite players wanted a more challenging vorago - they got hard mode

People voted on the 'dragons den' at runefest and ba rework with hardmode won.

I can't think of a single hard mode in-game we the players didn't ask for in some form or other.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not to mention pretty much all of the hard-modes have been player requested.

Players wanted a reason for higher levels to do mole - hard mode

Players wanted the TWW Gwd bosses mechanics in real GWD - they made hard mode.

Elite players wanted a more challenging vorago - they got hard mode

People voted on the 'dragons den' at runefest and ba rework with hardmode won.

I can't think of a single hard mode in-game we the players didn't ask for in some form or other.

I don't doubt that players asked for Hard Mode, but Jagex has done them all terribly (except Barb Assault) and failed to achieve their goals.

Giant Mole: Still worthless for higher levels or lower levels to do - and thus no one really does it.

TWW God Wars: Has the same drop rate for rare God Wars items as their normal counterpart (a really stupid move), and much harder - so literally no one does them. Also, the Soul Stones are useless as well

Vorago: Done only for the title - the increased effort really isn't worth it at all aside from the title - so most people who have the levels don't do hard mode.

Barb Assault: Good Rework, good rewards, yet for some reason, according to latest polls, players don't seem to think so. The lobby freeze glitch in the last week since Barb Assault probably has turned off a lot of players.

The hard mode mole would be worth it if ultra growth potions were uncommon. They could also throw in some random seed drops at the end too, from the minions maybe, alongside the usual stuff.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So what I'm getting from that list is:

Rare drops dealt with as unique drops are affected by RoW without affecting the rest of the drops.

Rare drops, that though mostly unique, are just dealt with as rare items have the whole drop table affected aka some possible drops are lost.

The row is a lie

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I heard 5 kills each, can't remember where from.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

i think ba hard mode's rewards are pretty dang great for the time spent in them but fighting all them mobs at once is also a bit crazy so people might feel that it's not worth it

it creates room for strategies that people would not normally use in rs but it also needs a bunch of tweaks to smooth out the rough edges

8f14270694.jpg

Any clue how long the charge on the Insignia lasts? Considering it sounds like you get 1 recharge for each King kill, and you have to kill him 5 times to get the Insignia, it follows that you get 5 obligatory recharges anyway.

My question is, how many monsters will the Collector's Insignia last for? I was really hoping to get it then camp AGWD Fast Mode (or SGWD, not sure which is better) for like, 3 hours... :P

2dgucz6.png

Using collector for an hour at Bandos fast mode used ~5% charge. The Attacker one degrades a lot faster though from what I've heard.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]