Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is it too late to train summoning?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,379 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:blazemovifan

Using familiars at sub 60 levels is kinda pointless so stick to normal combat and just pick up charms. Picking up charms and creating pouches are how you gain xp and using the familiars is just the benefit to training. Kinda like how burying bones on an altar trains prayer but using actual prayers does not level you up. At your levels combat should be fine without summonings help, and most high level players only bring familiars to high level bosses (except bunyip which is great for slayer).

The main familiars under level 95 don't do a lot of damage at all and instead are useful for storing items or healing. EOC made most familiars damage obsolete and jagex seems to not want to rebalance the stuff they threw off back in 2012.

List of useful summons:

Terrorbird (52): holds 12 items and scrolls recharge run

War tortoise (67): holds 18 items

Bunyip (68): Slowly heals you over time

Fruit Bat (69): scrolls drop food to heal you

Titans (79): decent damage and scrolls heal you

Nihil (87): I have no idea what they do but since they are new im assuming theyre useful

Univorn (88): Scrolls heal a ton

Yak (96): holds 30 items

Steel titan (99): scrolls do a ton of dmg

Stick to picking up charms as you do combat and your summoning will rise quickly

Yeah, you're right that I don't need familiars to help me fight monsters.

I can easily fight 100 steel dragons in a row without problem.

What I love about the pouches is the fact that they have a good high alchemy value, so I can just high alch all the pouches that I don't need.

Again, thanks everyone for the help, and I really mean it thanks a lot.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
You could also sell pouches to Bogrog the ogre in Gu'Tanoth. You'll need a higher summoning level to trade them in, though, and you'll get 70% of the amount of shards it took to craft the pouch returned to you.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

You could also sell pouches to Bogrog the ogre in Gu'Tanoth. You'll need a higher summoning level to trade them in, though, and you'll get 70% of the amount of shards it took to craft the pouch returned to you.

Well, the problem with trading in stores is the fact that usually the shopkeeper will buy for less and less the more I sell to them, and they are lower than the high alchemy value.

Does this guy buy the pouches for more money than the high alchemy value? If so I am willing to give the guy a chance when I have the appropriate summoning level.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
He'll buy the pouches all for the same rate in exchange for shards. You can sell the shards to a pet shop owner for a fixed 25gp each. I believe you get more than the alchemy value on almost all pouches, save maybe a few of the gold charm familiars.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

DeEliteOne
[ Display Name History ]

DeEliteOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • RSN:De Elite One
  • RSN '07:Footlong
  • Clan:Primacy

Well, the problem with trading in stores is the fact that usually the shopkeeper will buy for less and less the more I sell to them, and they are lower than the high alchemy value.

Does this guy buy the pouches for more money than the high alchemy value? If so I am willing to give the guy a chance when I have the appropriate summoning level.

It varies pouch by pouch (supply and demand in the economy may make it better some times and worse others). It's not a traditional shop and the value doesn't go down the more you sell.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bogrog

edit: [bleep]ing gwyn

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Keeve
[ Display Name History ]

Keeve

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • RSN:Keeve
  • RSN2:Aloof
  • RSN '07:Keeve
  • Clan:Sensatus

No, having another full inventory with 2 more spaces than your normal one would never be useful. Just train slayer, pick up the charms, and train Summoning with the charms you get. Save blue charms for Geyser titans. Other than that just calculate the prices of pouches to decide which you can make with the least loss vs xp gained. Once you get to 88 Summoning it gets extremely fast to train; just getting charms that takes time. Waterfiends give 95% rates for crimson charms if you don't feel like doing slayer. Good luck.

bestmage.jpg

McFaire
[ Display Name History ]

McFaire

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 81 posts

Get a charming imp if you can. It picks up the charms for you, so you can gather them automatically.

When you get to level 57, you can train fast by using a Spirit Larupia to TP to the obelisk iin Felldip, and use a Duel ring to TP to the bank chest at Castle Wars. No more running from bank to obelisk to bank.

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

I'd also suggest trying to gather charms now.  There's going to be a bonus xp weekend november 1st, and it's really good to do summoning on bonus xp because it means you only have to gather half as many charms for the same summoning xp (and that's the part that takes a long time!)

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Wait a minute I just realized something.

The charms aren't tradable but the pouches are.

Does that mean I can use the creatures that can hold 30 items at a time without getting the summoning level needed to make the pouches?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Wait a minute I just realized something.

The charms aren't tradable but the pouches are.

Does that mean I can use the creatures that can hold 30 items at a time without getting the summoning level needed to make the pouches?

I don't think that works ._.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

baileydafrog
[ Display Name History ]

baileydafrog

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • RSN:Baileydafrog

you can trade them, but you need the level to actually summon them

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users