BTS: September

Urza285

"lol this is my first time doing this xD!" x100

4 people with drygores get paired as a team for ROTS

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

They could do a rating system that only pulls a queue of people with certain ratings. Suppose its a 5 tier rating using stars. You could have people with a one star signifying beginner or no experience. From there your rating could be exponential going up exponentially based on how many kills you participated in. So...

One star - 0 to 5 kills

Two stars - 6 to 20 kills

Three stars - 21 to 50 kills

Four stars - 51 to 75 kills

Five stars - 75+ kills

Doing this of course would compound issues of pseudo-completionism and 'boosting' within the system.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Die in hardcore ironman mode, and now that's what I call a rage quit.   :blink:

Seriously though, I hope people have good account security when they decide to try it...and don't encounter any glitches.

forget glitches, watch out for the d/c of dooooooom

8f14270694.jpg

I think you can only get them after you have obtained 99

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Formatted first post, added in pictures and added in the BTS video itself.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The formatting D:

I'm mostly looking forward to the skkillcapes. One thing I wanna know is will it be easier to find said shards once we already have 99?

Sorry i was on my phone and wanted to post it quickly.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hey Jagex, I got a great idea nobody has ever even though of on how to make runes more valuable: make abilities use runes.

Don't worry; my Jmod application is already in the mail.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

Hey Jagex, I got a great idea nobody has ever even though of on how to make runes more valuable: make abilities use runes.

They did think of it.

There was a whole thread about it on the RSOF for several weeks after the poll.

Ultimately it was decided it was not workable whilst keeping the combat triangle reasonably balanced because it would require applying some sort of "ammo" esque cost to all melee weapons.

Even then it wouldn't be exactly balanced though given it'd force degrade onto low level melee items, and double-rate degrade on to high end.

Meanwhile ranged would be out of kilter thanks to ammo saving mechanics.

Not to mention rune costs on combat spells were reduced in the first place precisely because mage was overly expensive compared to other styles.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They did think of it.

There was a whole thread about it on the RSOF for several weeks after the poll.

Ultimately it was decided it was not workable whilst keeping the combat triangle reasonably balanced because it would require applying some sort of "ammo" esque cost to all melee weapons.

Even then it wouldn't be exactly balanced though given it'd force degrade onto low level melee items, and double-rate degrade on to high end.

Meanwhile ranged would be out of kilter thanks to ammo saving mechanics.

Not to mention rune costs on combat spells were reduced in the first place precisely because mage was overly expensive compared to other styles.

But by making runes more expensive they're already making the combat triangle unbalanced and making magic more expensive.

It's impossible to make the combat triangle equal in terms of cost because melee doesn't have any ammo, as you said. And if we're going to look past costs, magic and ranged will always be better than melee because they attack from a range. Besides, in my opinion balanced =/= interesting. One of the reasons why I don't like this combat system too much is because of balance. 

And I'm not sure if you got this, but the "nobody ever thought of this before" statement was sarcastic. ;p

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

The Grouping System~~ Yes, can't wait!

New capes~ Looking forward to it! 

Rumours that instakill darts are coming back~ I hope so Would be nice of jagex to help out folks with bad internet connections and medical handicap! ( My opinion)

On Solomon’s Store we welcome back Bank Boosters, bumping up your bank-space in batches of 50.... About time, don't know why they took it away in the first place????? 

queenvalerie.png

No thanks. Why is everyone so concerned about reviving the old Runecrafting? It was a boring and tedious skill that deserved to die. I very much prefer the current system in which we don't use as much Runes with abilities (except for specialized things like Abyss training/Legacy) - now we can spend our times doing more fun things instead of running to altars like drones all day long. That old system is obsolete and it shouldn't come back. There's a reason why people dreaded Runecrafting and many tried to train it by Tears of Guthix/Penguins alone.

That was also one of the problems with the old system: how expensive mage was - this effectively made it impractical to use for normal training or most things, except for highly specialized niche purposes (bursting rock lobsters/Castle Wars/fun PVP/some bosses etc.). That's one of the best things that EoC ever did - it made it so mage was actually a viable combat style along melee and range. Making runes more valuable is a regressive step that would completely undo that.

• Like 3

I saw bank boosters coming since november we will all be screwed with the amounts of potions we will have in game. One tab in my bank is already segregated into purely just herblore.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have like 100 bank spaces free and my bank isn't even particularly clean (and I have no bank boosters other than the free one) - I can't see a few new potions being a big issue.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'll be upset to see maxed mains reset their stats and for me to be called a wannabe etc :/ might make a 1 def hard mode iron man

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

The main ones will be D slayer, nature spirit, temple of sen, and the one foot piety etc

As opposed to the two foot piety... :P

I'm a little surprised they didn't include some way to make an existing account Ironman, instead of having to start all over. I can see why they didn't, but it's still kind of annoying... I'll have to make my DIY over again, and while I didn't exactly have tons of hours logged on it, it still feels kinda wasteful. I'm also not sure that there's a way to delete an account to recover its name, or if you have to pay for members to change the name before making a new account with it...? Seems a waste to pay a month of membership to just change the name of an account I won't use afterward. (I'll also miss my World Event rewards; no Sacrifice is sadness.)

Excited about the Elf City; excited about the grouping update (though I expect it will need lots of work before we're happy with it); rune update sounds very interesting; expert skillcapes sound cool if and only if they are not a comp req. Trim comp... ehh, okay, but not normal comp.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Didn't they say somewhere that they were going to make it a "prestige" system where you could reset skills and level them again to gain ranks instead of just these flat resets? What happened to that idea?

Players nuked that idea in a poll

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

expert skillcapes sound cool if and only if they are not a comp req. Trim comp... ehh, okay, but not normal comp.

Shouldn't a piece of content's coolness be judged on its usability, usefulness and general enjoyment, as opposed to whether it's a req on a cape or not?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.