BTS: September

Urza285

expert skillcapes sound cool if and only if they are not a comp req. Trim comp... ehh, okay, but not normal comp.

Shouldn't a piece of content's coolness be judged on its usability, usefulness and general enjoyment, as opposed to whether it's a req on a cape or not?

That right there defines the battlelines between the two types of players in RS :)

Achievement vs Fun

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

expert skillcapes sound cool if and only if they are not a comp req. Trim comp... ehh, okay, but not normal comp.

Shouldn't a piece of content's coolness be judged on its usability, usefulness and general enjoyment, as opposed to whether it's a req on a cape or not?
That right there defines the battlelines between the two types of players in RS :)

Achievement vs Fun

I think as far as comp versus trim its the difference of experiencing a piece of content and completing it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Those capes sound amazingly cool.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Jagex is really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Legacy mode sucks, i can't even wear rune.

Shocking news just in: Level 50 armour still requires level 50 to use regardless of combat mode.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They're obviously trying to lure back in PKers (and other players) who quit when EOC was released. They're releasing the new "Reset your defence level" option for the sole purpose of luring people who love runescape but hate EOC to play legacy but they still have the ridiculous EOC armour requirements. "Barrows" gloves now need 70 defence to wear.

I guess actually releasing a pre-EOC server without it being all the way back in 2007 would do too much damage to the remaining playerbase of EOC.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

It'd be stupid to try and run simultaneous combat modes with different requirements on items.

It'd also entirely break the EoC systems and setup to restore old requirements to gear.

Legacy mode never promised to be exactly like pre-eoc combat, it only emulates it, items not having their exact old requirements is just one small difference that affects a tiny number of items. Things change, deal with it, just be thankful you got a nice shiny override to hide abilities and make it feel like pre-eoc so you don't have to adapt completely.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why would that be stupid? They could easily make legacy-only worlds have different requirements on items. You may not have noticed this but they've managed to run simultaneous combat modes, different requirements on items is not a harder technological feat than that.

Actually it affects a large number of items (in the pking world). I'm only commenting on this because despite what you may or may not think Jagex is clearly interested in putting a lot of effort into trying to get back old players even to the point of offering stat editing for your defence level. How long before Jagex says "hey, you can edit all your combat stats if you just please please please play runescape again"? This is not an effort to placate whiners who dislike EOC but still play it. They are putting in real effort to entice old players back to runescape, I'm simply pointing out things that will keep them away.

A "nice shiny override to hide abilities"? Yes, I would agree with that definition of legacy mode. Which is why it won't do what Jagex wants it to do.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

What is such a big deal about leveling defense from 40 up to 50?  It takes maybe one or two hours, at this rate, and it's still a level playing field for everyone.  Unless tacking on 2 1/2 combat levels for rune pures is such a game breaker...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They lowered rune to 40.

Erm, it says level 50 in the GE for me...what am I missing?  Or do you mean the brief interval it was changed?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

What is such a big deal about leveling defense from 40 up to 50?  It takes maybe one or two hours, at this rate, and it's still a level playing field for everyone.  Unless tacking on 2 1/2 combat levels for rune pures is such a game breaker...

Same reason a level 90 rune pure wasn't accepted into pure clans when a level 100 initiate pure was.

It's the principle of it.

They lowered rune to 40.

Erm, it says level 50 in the GE for me...what am I missing?  Or do you mean the brief interval it was changed?

Yeah, they changed it back to 50 almost immediately after.

Them even bothering to change it shows that Jagex understands what I'm saying. They just don't care about legacy mode.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

What is such a big deal about leveling defense from 40 up to 50? It takes maybe one or two hours, at this rate, and it's still a level playing field for everyone. Unless tacking on 2 1/2 combat levels for rune pures is such a game breaker...

Same reason a level 90 rune pure wasn't accepted into pure clans when a level 100 initiate pure was.

It's the principle of it.

They lowered rune to 40.

Erm, it says level 50 in the GE for me...what am I missing? Or do you mean the brief interval it was changed?

Yeah, they changed it back to 50 almost immediately after.

Them even bothering to change it shows that Jagex understands what I'm saying. They just don't care about legacy mode.

As a pure o understand where you are coming from but the pure meta has shifted into something undefined. You can't use old standards and expect them to be relevant now. (And are you sure about the barrows gloves? I can use my Addy gloves at 1 Defence)

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Or for Jagex's declining playerbase? :o

Some people liked where runescape was going before Jagex killed it.

Yeah I think most people liked where it was going before EoC. That's why 07 is so popular. Sorry dude, your only options are either to quit playing altogether or only play 07. Pre-EOC combat isn't gonna be returning any time soon.

77yLQy8.png

Or for Jagex's declining playerbase? :o

Some people liked where runescape was going before Jagex killed it.

Yeah I think most people liked where it was going before EoC. That's why 07 is so popular. Sorry dude, your only options are either to quit playing altogether or only play 07. Pre-EOC combat isn't gonna be returning any time soon.

Pre EoC will never return, that's a fact.

That would be a giant step backwards in my opinion, what they need to do now is focus on what they currently have and try make the very best PvM available.

Also, I think instead of PvP they should simply focus on PvP minigames, similar to CW and FP as a start, but obviously better with more significant rewards.

This is just my own personal opinion, but I think CW (the upmost most expensive item regarding tickets) should have immense stats, possibly better than most in the game (as a set effect) as this requires a ridiculous amount of time to attain.

• Like 1